You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

14 minutes ago, Moo said:

So, 60% of those hospitalised have had both vaccines.  Can anyone explain why that's not incredibly worrying? I can see why people cite "simple maths the more people vaccinated the more people in hospital will be vaccinated".  But I can't quite join the dots.

You're not allowed to question this. Get in line. Follow the leaders. Nothing to see here. Move along. 

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Watching Granada reports and 'sort of' good news where they were interviewing a top doctor and he said of the people in hospital only 5% were double jabbed but had comorbidities.

Exactly, tell that to your supeer

dee dupa intelligent mate Nowt.

17 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Watching Granada reports and 'sort of' good news where they were interviewing a top doctor and he said of the people in hospital only 5% were double jabbed but had comorbidities.

So the other 55% of the 60% hospitalised double jabbed didn't have a comorbidity? 

I'll hold my hands up, i feel I'm missing something here.

edit - or do you mean only 5% (of the 60% for example) were double jabbed and did not have a comorbidity?

26 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

If they wanted to talk about good news, I'm surprised they haven't mentioned that there's been no excess deaths in England in 17 of the last 18 weeks on record.

Microsoft Power BI

And when I say surprised, I obviously mean I'm not remotely surprised.

7 minutes ago, Moo said:

So the other 55% of the 60% hospitalised double jabbed didn't have a comorbidity? 

I'll hold my hands up, i feel I'm missing something here.

edit - or do you mean only 5% (of the 60% for example) were double jabbed and did not have a comorbidity?

As he explained it. 

70% of people in his hospital with Covid hadn't been jabbed.

25% had had one jab.

5% had two jabs, but all of that 5% had comorbidities.

37 minutes ago, Moo said:

That's a big assumption especially as 60% of the adult population have had both vaccinations. 

Yeah, perhaps so in relation to the at-risk groups. That was simply a suggestion, just a guess. More detailed data will confirm one way or the other on the profile of those double-jabbed/admitted. It’s not a particularly big assumption to suggest double-jabbed people being admitted to hospital with COVID would have died without the vacc though, is it? If they’re getting put in hospital with that extra protection, how would they fare without it?

3 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Yeah, perhaps so in relation to the at-risk groups. That was simply a suggestion, just a guess. More detailed data will confirm one way or the other on the profile of those double-jabbed/admitted. It’s not a particularly big assumption to suggest double-jabbed people being admitted to hospital with COVID would have died without the vacc though, is it? If they’re getting put in hospital with that extra protection, how would they fare without it?

In short, I posted a load of sensationalist bollocks.

7 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

So no relation to facts, no relation at all yet you made a big flourish last night over me getting my facts wrong on a fucking golf venue.

Didn't take long for your pedestal to crumble did it Nowty, you fucking prize plum.

13 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

So no relation to facts, no relation at all yet you made a big flourish last night over me getting my facts wrong on a fucking golf venue.

What’s this innocuous sounding golf shit you’re now crying about like a fucking jilted wife? Are you mixing me up with a completely different poster, by any chance? I suppose it’s not hard to do when you’re drinking neat paint. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

As he explained it. 

70% of people in his hospital with Covid hadn't been jabbed.

25% had had one jab.

5% had two jabs, but all of that 5% had comorbidities.

Wow, was he just referring to that one hospital?  Great for them and any others similar.

But Patrick Vallance has just said that 60% of those hospitalised have had both jabs, I assume that means nationally/in England.

Just now, Dr Nowt said:

What’s this innocuous sounding golf shit you’re now crying about like a fucking jilted wife? Are you mixing me up with a completely different poster, by any chance? I suppose it not hard to do when you’re drinking neat paint. 

Re read your calls for a pile up last night or ask your mate Rico, i note he's in for you. Pair of cunts together.

31 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

The assumption I was referring to was only in relation to the 60% hospitalised.

I would be inclined to agree on deaths but I find the data at times hard to follow, probably deliberately so in order to obfuscate. 

14 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Re read your calls for a pile up last night or ask your mate Rico, i note he's in for you. Pair of cunts together.

That’s not what you said now is it, old mate? You said I was involved in pulling you up on some sort of golf chat. Turdseye has already put you straight on it being him on another thread I see. Don’t be trying any of your usual u-turns or diversions. You’re trying to chase me about like a dog with an empty crisp packet in the wind, you’ll end up getting a stomach ulcer or beating up the telly.

3 minutes ago, Moo said:

The assumption I was referring to was only in relation to the 60% hospitalised.

I would be included to agree on deaths but I find the data at times hard to follow, probably deliberately so in order to obfuscate. 

Yeah that’s all fair comment mate.