You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2020

Captain Turdseye

On 17/07/2020 at 16:53, cloggypop said:

I'm still upset at the Michael Phelps vs Shark episode that turned out to be shit cgi. 

Unless I see Tyson literally twatting a great white he can get fucked. 

DishonestBabyishDinosaur-size_restricted.gif

• Upvote 1

On 17/07/2020 at 16:53, cloggypop said:

In water - Jaws hands down

On land - Tyson wins by blood bath revenge

Steam - now that’s a fight!

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, belarus said:

Didn’t someone off here ring Shia LeBouef and ask him what he thought a neutral fighting arena would be between a shark and a man? @Dr Nowt was it? Might be talking absolute shite there, but I do recall it.

Ha. Not me mate, definitely the sort of thing I would do though. I met a lad on a stag do once who’s sister is a Page 3 girl and had been getting absolutely plagued by Dean Gaffney despite politely confirming she wasn’t interested. This fella was one of 4 other brothers, and she’d asked them to circulate Gaffney’s number far and wide for anyone who wanted to prank call him.

Few Estrellas into meeting everyone on Las Ramblas, lad says “Does anyone want to phone him up and give him some abuse?” I spent about an hour phoning him from Barcelona, on someone else’s mobile, saying things like ‘Hi Dean. Job opportunity if you’re interested. We’ve been approached by the casting director of The Bill. Their brief specifically is “We need a rodent-faced husk of a Z-list celebrity to play a 30 second cameo as a shoplifter”. Interested Dean?’

In the finish he had his missus answering the phone and saying I’d reached the home number of the chief of the London police, and that they were scrambling units to me as we speak, to put me in prison. You could hear Gaffney in the background coaching her on what to say, we all could as I had them on speaker. Obviously this wasn’t pointed out to him, along with the fact he looks like Zelda from Terrahawks, and the sound of 20-30 pissed males howling with laughter.

Completely coincidentally I am also a burnt-out, single, middle-aged, disabled cabbage loser.

• Upvote 6

36 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Ha. Not me mate, definitely the sort of thing I would do though. I met a lad on a stag do once who’s sister is a Page 3 girl and had been getting absolutely plagued by Dean Gaffney despite politely confirming she wasn’t interested. This fella was one of 4 other brothers, and she’d asked them to circulate Gaffney’s number far and wide for anyone who wanted to prank call him.

Few Estrellas into meeting everyone on Las Ramblas, lad says “Does anyone want to phone him up and give him some abuse?” I spent about an hour phoning him from Barcelona, on someone else’s mobile, saying things like ‘Hi Dean. Job opportunity if you’re interested. We’ve been approached by the casting director of The Bill. Their brief specifically is “We need a rodent-faced husk of a Z-list celebrity to play a 30 second cameo as a shoplifter”. Interested Dean?’

In the finish he had his missus answering the phone and saying I’d reached the home number of the chief of the London police, and that they were scrambling units to me as we speak, to put me in prison. You could hear Gaffney in the background coaching her on what to say, we all could as I had them on speaker. Obviously this wasn’t pointed out to him, along with the fact he looks like Zelda from Terrahawks, and the sound of 20-30 pissed males howling with laughter.

Completely coincidentally I am also a burnt-out, single, middle-aged, disabled cabbage loser.

Remember seeing dean gaffney swanning about with that lad out of hollyoaks who got bummed on the bonnet of his fiesta after footy training. They were at the Southport weekender at pontins. Gary Lucy - that’s the cunt. Both garied up with a bottle of champagne each, but Lucy had a bird on each arm and gaffney never. Remember feeling sorry for him. That said my situation was far worse than his, having spent all my money on the fruit machines and also having a face as handsome as a bulldog chewing a wasp, so maybe is was empathy and not sympathy looking back.

• Upvote 2

On 19/07/2020 at 11:45, Dr Nowt said:

We're going to need a name here Ben

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, KMD7 said:

We're going to need a name here Ben

Natalie Oxley. 

In a bizarre quirk of fate, I worked a photo shoot with her and Lucy Pinder a year or two later (tough gig) and ended up chatting to her for ages afterwards, much to the irritation of the lead writer and cameraman, as I was essentially there as a reserve/dogsbody. I obviously brought meeting her brother on a stag do and Gaffney’s name up immediately and she instantly said “You’re not the guy who kept phoning him are you? Oh my god, I absolutely love that story”. She gave me her phone number and wanted to meet up on our own, then I lost the mobile it was on the very next day. My self-loathing was strong on that one Dec, I can tell thee.

D0F9C1CE-18D5-4512-A6F9-FA85E9A4C8CC.jpeg

This photo shoot. Saw Pinder’s nips in the flesh before she started allowing them in photos. Don’t like to mention it, which is why this is only about the 27th time I’ve done so on this forum alone. Also got some very agitated looks from the stylist when my mouth was at one point trailing along the floor in wonder at what Pinder was doing on that bed.

Different gravy, her.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

Natalie Oxley

In a bizarre quirk of fate, I worked a photo shoot with her and Lucy Pinder a year or two later (tough gig) and ended up chatting to her for ages afterwards, much to the irritation of the lead writer and cameraman, as I was essentially there as a reserve/dogsbody. I obviously brought meeting her brother on a stag do and Gaffney’s name up immediately and she instantly said “You’re not the guy who kept phoning him are you? Oh my god, I absolutely love that story”. She gave me her phone number and wanted to meet up on our own, then I lost the mobile it was on the very next day. My self-loathing was strong on that one Dec, I can tell thee.

D0F9C1CE-18D5-4512-A6F9-FA85E9A4C8CC.jpeg

This photo shoot. Saw Pinder’s nips in the flesh before she started allowing them in photos. Don’t like to mention it, which is why this is only about the 27th time I’ve done so on this forum alone. Also got some very agitated looks from the stylist when my mouth was at one point trailing along the floor in wonder at what Pinder was doing on that bed.

Different gravy, her.

Thank you for bringing her into my life. 

Yeah Pinder that time was next level. Unreal. 

Cool story brother. X

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Thank you for bringing her into my life. 

Yeah Pinder that time was next level. Unreal. 

Cool story brother. X

Anytime you want to hear a story about a massive fish someone definitely, nearly, almost, virtually, as good as caught? I’m your fella.

• Upvote 1

Boxing has understandably lost all momentum at the moment and I think it'll take a while to get going again, especially at the high level. The big fights in the UFC have been good without fans but I'm not sure this will translate to boxing as the atmosphere is one of the best parts.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Ha ha class. 

The shock on his face when he went down the first time. Reality biting hard

Mcneely is a nutter, and I love him for it.

"I'm going wrap Tyson in a cocoon of horror" is a fantastic thing to say.

Did you get the chance to watch that Jack Johnson documentary?

8 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Mcneely is a nutter, and I love him for it.

"I'm going wrap Tyson in a cocoon of horror" is a fantastic thing to say.

Did you get the chance to watch that Jack Johnson documentary?

Tyson apparently was in McNeely's hometown a few years after that and he visited McNeely and they hung out. I agree with you on McNeely.  He's a real character. 

No haven't watched it yet Kev. Me and the Mrs have only just finished watching the Wire. It was her first time seeing it. Her favourites were Omar (obviously), Bunk, Bubbles, Avon and Rawles! 

Going to get on it soon mate, she's going to be able to drive again in a couple of weeks so I'll have time to see it then when she's out and about.  Thanks.

• Upvote 1

On 20/07/2020 at 19:05, Elite said:

Boxing has understandably lost all momentum at the moment and I think it'll take a while to get going again, especially at the high level. The big fights in the UFC have been good without fans but I'm not sure this will translate to boxing as the atmosphere is one of the best parts.

The Athletic are saying Callum Smith will get the September Canelo fight. I would love it if he beat him. Love it. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

The Athletic are saying Callum Smith will get the September Canelo fight. I would love it if he beat him. Love it. 

I had Ryder beating Smith in November, so I think he deserves the fight, personally.