You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Takumi Minamino

aRdja

4 hours ago, Alex_K said:

Inferior Benayoun is probably a fair tag. Was being out-muscled by kids at times last night. His lack of pace & physicality is a pretty fundamental problem. Probably bottom of the selection pile if all are fit. Would far rather have Shaqiri playing.

Agreed. He's not making it here. If you struggle against the Villa youth team, you aren't going to make it at the top level of the Premier/Champions League. He's 26 next week, so it not even like he's one for the future! 

If we are really struggling financially to fund new signings then we'd be better selling him and Origi to fund a new centreback. I can't see either of them making any sort of impact for us. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

I don't think Minamino is making it here either, but unlike Origi I could see him going somewhere else in Europe and being really good. Origi is just gone mentally. Does absolutely nothing. At least Taki keeps running and keeps trying.

Yeah that's true. I think Minamino would do well in Germany. 

The step from the Austrian Bundesliga to playing from us was far too big. 

Neither Mini or Div impact games.

Div used to, but his attitude stinks. Always has. Klopp managed to get a bit out of him to help us win those tight games and the Champs league goals.

Must be a Belgian thing as Benteke is the same (Hazard too). Typically we signed both (Mignolet too, we love a shite Belgian don't we?). Both should be smashing shit up with their power and pace, like Lukaku does.

Get rid of both.

Bring back Harvey from Blackburn. A much better option than Div or Mini.

6 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Neither Mini or Div impact games.

Div used to, but his attitude stinks. Always has. Klopp managed to get a bit out of him to help us win those tight games and the Champs league goals.

Must be a Belgian thing as Benteke is the same (Hazard too). Typically we signed both (Mignolet too, we love a shite Belgian don't we?). Both should be smashing shit up with their power and pace, like Lukaku does.

Get rid of both.

I know he scored two goals but Origi didn't actually play well against Barcelona. I remember screaming at him a number of times to do basic things like throwing himself forward to head the ball from a cross when he was just standing still.  

I wouldn't say its a Belgian thing ,Kompany, Vertonghen, Alderweireld all have a good attitude. I think we've had the shite end of the stick with our Belgians! 

31 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I know he scored two goals but Origi didn't actually play well against Barcelona. I remember screaming at him a number of times to do basic things like throwing himself forward to head the ball from a cross when he was just standing still.  

I wouldn't say its a Belgian thing ,Kompany, Vertonghen, Alderweireld all have a good attitude. I think we've had the shite end of the stick with our Belgians! 

That’s kind of Origi’s M.O. He was dogshit awful against Spurs but then he scored. It’s a handy knack to have if you’re a bit shit at football and can’t be arsed 90% of the time.

Guest Alex_K
8 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I disagree with your preference for Shaqiri,he looks completely lost. I think that if Minamino had more of a free role and thought he might play two games on the bounce then we might get a tune from him. Shaqiri,on the other hand,looks as surprised as most supporters that he's still at the club and plays like it. 

Shaqiri has scored some very big goals for the club. He has different issues (fitness; more evidently not being a part of the long-term Klopp picture; whatever reason he is in and out of top clubs frequently) but as a talented footballer there is very little comparison between him & Minamino, especially in this style of league.

3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

His most recent two seasons at RB he played on the right three times total.

About 50 times through the middle.

He also plays through the middle for country.

No, he didn't. You have a bizarre habit of trying to correct stuff people post which you can literally just Google. It's weird.

image.png

23 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

No, he didn't. You have a bizarre habit of trying to correct stuff people post which you can literally just Google. It's weird.

image.png

Oh I forgot you are a stat pedant - my apologies for not pointing out full seasons:

And if you are going to be a stat wizard you would know he has played LW throughout his career about twice as much as RW - and he has played through the middle more than on either wing.

I will help you:

18-19

18-19.PNG

17-18

17-18.PNG

Career

career.PNG

Maybe if you watched the player rather than looking up stats you would have a little more insight.

TBH you have your hands full identifying the next "can't miss" player from Ligue 1 - that is your thing after all

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Oh I forgot you are a stat pedant - my apologies for not pointing out full seasons:

And if you are going to be a stat wizard you would know he has played LW throughout his career about twice as much as RW - and he has played through the middle more than on either wing.

I will help you:

18-19

17-18

Career

18-19.PNG

17-18.PNG

career.PNG

"Stat pedant"? You were wrong and corrected a post from a month ago for no reason. What else can I say? At Salzburg, he played more games on the right than other positions, but he was tried out in multiple positions, as I had said. Just facts, sorry. 

image.png

12 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

"Stat pedant"? You were wrong and corrected a post from a month ago for no reason. What else can I say? At Salzburg, he played more games on the right than other positions, but he was tried out in multiple positions, as I had said. Just facts, sorry. 

image.png

I am so sorry you are wrong on the internet - the comments were about how he was much more effective playing through the middle and as I am sure you can see he did that far more than playing on the right wing.

See all those circles through the middle?

That could be why Klopp plays him in the middle.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I am so sorry you are wrong on the internet - the comments were about how he was much more effective playing through the middle and as I am sure you can see he did that far more than playing on the right wing.

See all those circles through the middle?

No, they weren't. It was about games played at particular positions. 

4 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

His most recent two seasons at RB he played on the right three times total.

About 50 times through the middle.

He also plays through the middle for country.

On 29/11/2020 at 11:35, 3 Stacks said:

Nah, if you look at Transfermarkt and sources like that, they played mostly 4-4-2/4 triple 2, either the normal kind or in a diamond (they call it 4-3-1-2). And his most played position was on the right and then the middle like you said, but they tried him out in a bunch of positions.

So I don't think you can say well, he's a #10 and we've never played him there so that explains part of why he's bad. He's played in loads of other positions throughout his career. And Salzburg do have a pretty similar style to us in terms of pressing and intensity, that's pretty well documented. The style and position shouldn't really be an issue. He's just not been good on the pitch for whatever reason. 

Embarrassing on your part. 

On 29/11/2020 at 09:23, m0e said:

Played a totally different position in a different formation for Red Bull. Square peg in a round he, which is not usual for a Klopp signing.

On 29/11/2020 at 10:06, TheHowieLama said:

Think he has been most effective over the last few years through the middle but with someone ahead of him. 

He is not quick enough to be a winger, at least in the is league.

On 30/11/2020 at 05:01, Mathewbet1 said:

he's best at the tip of a diamond

The conversation was always about where he is most effective. You answered Moe telling him he played RW.

Apparently Klopp agrees he is most effective through the middle.

Sad truth is - he is not very good anywhere.

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

The conversation was about where he is most effective.

Apparently Klopp agrees.

You quoted my post from a month ago to correct something that was not wrong and started an argument for no reason and now you've just changed the subject to something I was not even talking about. Sorry for finding that weird, but it's weird and you're weird. 

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

You quoted my post from a month ago 

Son, read the last two pages of the thread. Has nothing to do with a month ago - it is a page ago.

It is a discussion of why he is shit now and where he should play. It was corrected because it was a naive over - simplification of his positional play.

Klopp plays him through the middle.

Everyone here saw him play very well through the middle in his time at RB - and they have said so. He isn't a winger and certainly isn't an inverted wide forward.

That is why you are not known as 3 Stats.

• Downvote 1

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

Son, read the last two pages of the thread. It is a discussion of why he is shit now and where he should play.

Klopp plays him through the middle.

Everyone here saw him play very well through the middle in his time at RB - and they have said so.

That is why you are not known as 3 Stats.

He's not really unfamiliar to any attacking position, was my point. That's clear if you look at his career and not playing him in a particular position is no excuse for how shit he's been here. Hope this isn't too controversial and doesn't warrant you trying to whoosh me again with no reasoning, like the bore you are. 

Also, son? Fuck off.