You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Snooker

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, johnsusername said:

Why does everyone hate Murphy?

Jack Lisowski is a good commentator, strangely. 

Probably because he comes across as a cocky cunt? 

I don't dislike him personally, but I'm not overly gone on him either. I've tried to warm to him, with him being an adopted Irish man. But he does seem a bit of a dick

There must be something about snooker clubs that attracts ignorant fat cunts.

Me, the mrs and my mum and dad go for a game on a Sunday night. Nothing serious, just a knock about. We seem to be plagued by this fat cunt who always take the table next to us, practicing, has his own set of balls and likes to brag to the other gobshites he associates with about his cue being £900.

Every time the wife or my mum has a shot at the end of the table that is near his table, he immediately has to get in the way. Hammering a straight shot into the pocket and staying in position to admire it. Generally being a pain in the arse.

He returned last night as three weeks previous he got called out by a fella for doing the same with his young lad and we hadn't seen him for a bit. Tries it again, this week, when we've booked a different table, I'll ram them Aramith balls up his arse and the colours down his japper. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Preston Red said:

Me, the mrs and my mum and dad go for a game on a Sunday night.

Anecdotal but I'll take your word for it.

4 hours ago, Preston Red said:

Me, the mrs and my mum and dad go for a game on a Sunday night. Nothing serious, just a knock about. We seem to be plagued by this fat cunt who always take the table next to us, practicing, has his own set of balls and likes to brag to the other gobshites he associates with about his cue being £900.

Every time the wife or my mum has a shot at the end of the table that is near his table, he immediately has to get in the way. Hammering a straight shot into the pocket and staying in position to admire it. Generally being a pain in the arse.

He returned last night as three weeks previous he got called out by a fella for doing the same with his young lad and we hadn't seen him for a bit. Tries it again, this week, when we've booked a different table, I'll ram them Aramith balls up his arse and the colours down his japper. 

There’s cunts like that in every club mate. 

5 hours ago, Preston Red said:

That’s got Shaun Murphy written all over it 

I always used to become a member of the local conservative club. 

Drink subsidised beer, cheap snooker tables and then over a period of time drop more and more outlandish comments before being barred. 

Think I have 5 cunty clubs I am now barred from. 

The club I used to be a member of didn't have people like that, but it did seem to attract the sort of dickhead who eats crisps around the table and lets the crumbs get everywhere. The place was owned by Willie Thorne and run by his brother (both were sound to be fair) until they sold it to Riley's. The building now houses the council's City Hall.

52 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I always used to become a member of the local conservative club. 

Drink subsidised beer, cheap snooker tables and then over a period of time drop more and more outlandish comments before being barred. 

Think I have 5 cunty clubs I am now barred from. 

When you say outlandish comments, do you mean completely reasonable comments anywhere but a Conservative club?

3 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

When you say outlandish comments, do you mean completely reasonable comments anywhere but a Conservative club?

He used to shout “knickers!” Every time someone took a shot 

I’m a member at an Ex-Servicemen’s place. The two snooker rooms are sound but the Sports Bar is full of young lads who play pool and take it dead seriously using their own snooker cues. They don’t even play snooker, just pool. Why you’d play pub pool with a snooker cue is a mystery to me. I saw a lad in there once with a glove and he’d even brought his own white ball with the little red dots on it. Bizarre. 

I've always liked John Higgins but I really like how Allen comes across and I would've been keen to see him progress.

Phenomenal match, and these last 3 frames have been simply awesome.