You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Snooker

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Part of me thinks that was the most corrupt final I've ever seen. 

I've only been watching the last couple of frames, forgot it was on. Just seen some of the misses like, what the fuck was Trump doing with that black?

O'Sullivan wasn't his usual self like, but the rest of the games I've seen this week he's been incredible.

7 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I've only been watching the last couple of frames, forgot it was on. Just seen some of the misses like, what the fuck was Trump doing with that black?

O'Sullivan wasn't his usual self like, but the rest of the games I've seen this week he's been incredible.

Weirdest final I've seen. Both of the two best players of all time missing sitters. Like watching Darwin Nunez. 

Mad game. He could easily have been 8-0 down. Managed to scramble a few frames to go into the evening session.

Some bad misses from both of them. 

But snooker finals are long - you can take off early but run out of gas. Looks like that happened to Judd. 

The late missed black and brown from Judd - reckon they'll haunt him for a few nights. 

Ronnie is just the best. Nobody has ever played the game better than he has, and it could be a long time before we see anyone that could surpass him. The shame about Ronnie is that if not for his troubles away from the table, he would probably be on 10 world championship titles by now. 

On 17/01/2024 at 11:54, Josef Svejk said:

I've always disliked Carter for being a bore. But what's the basis for hatred towards him? 

He's always smirking like a cunt. He's had a go at other players before in the press, he lacks class and just comes across as a prick. 

• Upvote 1

The itv coverage is a mixed bag. They've got some good commentators and pundits, and it's a bit more relaxed than the BBC. But it does come across as a bit more amateurish, and Jill Douglas is no Hazel Irvine.

What I do prefer is they hang around after a match for longer - the BBC always seem in a rush to get off the air. It's a joke after a final there's barely any pundit review of the match or tournament. 

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

O’Sullivan out of sorts against Vafaei here, about to go 2-3 down in a first to five. 

This tourney was all set up for a Ronnie-Trump final. 

Lost track of this tournament. Hope Vafaei wins it 

21 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Lost track of this tournament. Hope Vafaei wins it 

I’ll lose track of it myself if Ronnie goes out here. It’s 4-3 to Vafaei.

Lot of interesting plot lines though. A few players looking to nail down a top 16 place to be seeded in Sheffield. 

There’s only the Tour Championship and the World’s after this. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Watching the first session of the Tour Championship final.

At the interval Ronnie was 1-3 down to Mark Williams who has been playing brilliantly this week.

At the end of the first session it's now 5-3 to Ronnie, Williams scored a total of 2 points in those last 4 frames. Fucking ridiculous.

5 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Watching the first session of the Tour Championship final.

At the interval Ronnie was 1-3 down to Mark Williams who has been playing brilliantly this week.

At the end of the first session it's now 5-3 to Ronnie, Williams scored a total of 2 points in those last 4 frames. Fucking ridiculous.

And now Williams is 7-5 up and about to go 8-5 up.

It's feast or fucking famine with these 2, but it's amazing they're my age and still amongst the best in the world.

58 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

And now Williams is 7-5 up and about to go 8-5 up.

It's feast or fucking famine with these 2, but it's amazing they're my age and still amongst the best in the world.

They’re both shite, they should both lose 9-0. Hate this fucking game but it’s like a drug man. Neither are as good as they were when they were shite. 

• 2 weeks later...