Quantcast
Summer 2019 Transfer Thread - Page 155 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Anubis

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

ATLETICO CLOSE ON FELIX COUP

Atletico Madrid have won the race to sign Benfica wonderkid Joao Felix, with an announcement expected on Thursday, according to Marca.

The Portugal international, who has been linked with Europe’s biggest clubs, is understood to have visited the La Liga for a tour and medical, after which he signed his contract

2 minutes ago, Thoth said:

ATLETICO CLOSE ON FELIX COUP

Atletico Madrid have won the race to sign Benfica wonderkid Joao Felix, with an announcement expected on Thursday, according to Marca.

The Portugal international, who has been linked with Europe’s biggest clubs, is understood to have visited the La Liga for a tour and medical, after which he signed his contract

€120m 

Thats a crazy fee for such a young kid. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

€120m 

Thats a crazy fee for such a young kid. 

They'll sell him for two and a half times that in a few years. It's what Atletico do.

I have no idea if he’s any good, the only Portuguese side I’ve watched in the last few years is Porto against us. 

But a €120m outlay on a kid that young whose agent is that fat slobbering cunt is a massive gamble. 

There seems to be a proper assembly line of prodigies at Benfica, how do they do it? Lazar Marković, Renato Sanchez, now this kid.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, SasaS said:

There seems to be a proper assembly line of prodigies at Benfica, how do they do it? Lazar Marković, Renato Sanchez, now this kid.

It isn't rocket science. Most of the best youngsters/players in Portugal play for Benfica/Porto or Sporting. They then get to hone their skills and build their confidence by playing in a soft league where they probably have 6 meaningful games a season. Quite a few of them flop when they leave the comfort of the Portuguese league. Some will make it though.  

14 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I have no idea if he’s any good, the only Portuguese side I’ve watched in the last few years is Porto against us. 

But a €120m outlay on a kid that young whose agent is that fat slobbering cunt is a massive gamble. 

Seen him twice. He looked out of his depth against Switzerland and wasn’t great 2nd leg against Frankfurt but small sample size and all that...

17 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

It isn't rocket science. Most of the best youngsters/players in Portugal play for Benfica/Porto or Sporting. They then get to hone their skills and build their confidence by playing in a soft league where they probably have 6 meaningful games a season. Quite a few of them flop when they leave the comfort of the Portuguese league. Some will make it though.  

Portuguese league is a lot more physical than Spain. The standard is obviously miles below La Liga but there are a surprising amount of dirty bastards in the Portuguese league.

3 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Portuguese league is a lot more physical than Spain. The standard is obviously miles below La Liga but there are a surprising amount of dirty bastards in the Portuguese league.

I meant soft as in shit mate. Plenty of dirty fouls as the lesser teams/players get cheesed off with the bigger teams players diving about like pussies. A lot of the fouls look worse than they are due to the playacting of the players writhing about on the ground. Up coming youngsters always look better than they may turn out to be as the teams they play for have about 80% of the possession in most games. I know some will say that happens in a lot of leagues, but you normally have more than two teams putting in an effort. Considering the Portuguese are football mad and have always produced technically skilled players, not a lot of them set the World alight when they leave home.  

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Just fucking buy MBappe, FFS. I've wanted to hear these cunts on the Kop since the 90s. 

I think an opportunity may have been missed with N'Gog there............

• Upvote 1

I don't know about others, but for me, if we signed Mbappe it would be like that meme with Randy Marsh and computer all summer.

1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

Seen him twice. He looked out of his depth against Switzerland and wasn’t great 2nd leg against Frankfurt but small sample size and all that...

I’m sure Athletico are relieved you’re willing to give him a chance.

2 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

Yep, I watch a few Benfica games (Always liked them) and the league is one of the dirtiest in Europe. 

I went to watch Sporting.  Made the mistake of sitting in one of the ends.  They never put the flags away at kick off and it made the game borderline unwatchable.

Atleti's business model revolves around paying big bucks for young players and selling them on for a big profit. If they are prepared to shell out big money for someone so young, I'd be prepared to sit up and listen personally. 

28 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I'd imagine the bigger Portuguese club teams would be open to the services of an imaginary card-waving coach.

You on about Mourinho? He turned Benfica down months ago 

29 minutes ago, Agt Provocateur said:

Atleti's business model revolves around paying big bucks for young players and selling them on for a big profit. If they are prepared to shell out big money for someone so young, I'd be prepared to sit up and listen personally. 

Haven’t heard much about that Thomas Lemar since they paid big money for him last year. 

43 minutes ago, Agt Provocateur said:

I think you've got them confused with other clubs. Atleti regularly shell out big money for 30 year old's under the guise of winning in the short term. That's more their model.

Felix is just a world class prospect who most clubs would want and coincidently he has a 120m release clause which is also the amount of Griezmann's clause who announced he's leaving.

The clubs who go young all the time to sell them later are Dortmund, Monaco and Lille.

28 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Haven’t heard much about that Thomas Lemar since they paid big money for him last year. 

W7qlyn.gif

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

I think you've got them confused with other clubs. Atleti regularly shell out big money for 30 year old's under the guise of winning in the short term. That's more their model.

Its a mix really as they do pull off some good transfers out on players.

They used to be a conveyor belt for strikers - then they bought Martinez and Gamiero back to back. Then they bought Costa back.

TBF they probably made money on Martinez and neither were anywhere near the losses we have had with "young" players.

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Felix is just a world class prospect who most clubs would want and coincidently he has a 120m release clause which is also the amount of Griezmann's clause who announced he's leaving.

The clubs who go young all the time to sell them later are Dortmund, Monaco and Lille.

I get what you mean about the 3 clubs but Atleti are more my example than yours.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/atletico-madrid/transfers/verein/13/plus/0?saison_id=2019&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=

If you look at the list on a yearly basis, the majority of Atleti's signings are 26 or under. Where they differ from the 3 you have rightly cited as examples is that Atleti pay out big money to get it back later. Dortmund and co buy (relatively)cheap and sell high and are very, very good at it.