Quantcast
Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd. - Page 112 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Iceman

Someone's having a real laugh - sperm of gollum to Utd.

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Completely agree. 
 

Not suggesting it’s not deserved or the goblin wasn’t a right smug cunt about it, acting like a returning king to his rightful place from over the water.


Just that Mourinho can nurse a grievance with the best of them, and the above will have given him the desire to serve the coldest of revenge dishes, like a teacher walking back into the classroom to find one of the kids wandering round wearing his jacket, telling the others what to do.

I'd say Mourinho has murderous thoughts for the Mancs. Hopefully not too murderous as they play City the weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I'd say Mourinho has murderous thoughts for the Mancs. Hopefully not too murderous as they play City the weekend.

Woodward, Pogba, Solskjaer, it’s obvious Ferguson was in contact with the goblin prior to Mourinho’s sacking given how quickly he arrived, all the class of 92 bells digging him out in the press week in week out.
 

If hatred was a power source they could no doubt run the floodlights off him for that one.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watching some biff on SSN claiming the Salford board are behind OGS and feel he's been unlucky and not got the results he deserved. What cracking news that is, so it looks like he might get the Christmas period too if he can avoid getting kicked too heavily in their games this week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jacob Maguire and Virgil are both CB's in the same way Ford Pinto's and Bugatti Veyron's are both cars. Considering the fee, man does that guy stink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Just watching some biff on SSN claiming the Salford board are behind OGS and feel he's been unlucky and not got the results he deserved. What cracking news that is, so it looks like he might get the Christmas period too if he can avoid getting kicked too heavily in their games this week. 

No surprise .  Poch in the summer when his handcuffs come off 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Just watching some biff on SSN claiming the Salford board are behind OGS and feel he's been unlucky and not got the results he deserved. What cracking news that is, so it looks like he might get the Christmas period too if he can avoid getting kicked too heavily in their games this week. 

Haha ‘some biff’ brilliant 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Jacob Maguire and Virgil are both CB's in the same way Ford Pinto's and Bugatti Veyron's are both cars. Considering the fee, man does that guy stink.

Oh yeah, he does. It’s great fun reading the Mancs slag him off. It was obvious to almost anyone (sorry Ardj) that he wasn’t worth anywhere near that money and that he’s slow and cumbersome. He would look even worse under a side playing expansive football. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Oh yeah, he does. It’s great fun reading the Mancs slag him off. It was obvious to almost anyone (sorry Ardj) that he wasn’t worth anywhere near that money and that he’s slow and cumbersome. He would look even worse under a side playing expansive football. 

 

That will probably come more apparent under their next manager. I can't see them wanting another park the bus specialist, especially when their strongest players are attacking ones. They'll have to hold onto Maguire as he turns into Phil Jones MK2 or take a huge loss on him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

 

That will probably come more apparent under their next manager. I can't see them wanting another park the bus specialist, especially when their strongest players are attacking ones. They'll have to hold onto Maguire as he turns into Phil Jones MK2 or take a huge loss on him. 

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see who they go with. The smart money is Pochettino I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, it'll be interesting to see who they go with. The smart money is Pochettino I guess. 

 

From what my Manc supporting mates say, their board is desperate for Ole to become a success (giggles) and so they aren't holding out on getting a replacement any time soon. I reckon it is mainly down to how good we are at the moment and obviously money bags City and you also have to factor in Chelsea when they can unleash the cheque book again. The Mancs seem to be going for younger players with an eye on things in a few seasons time, otherwise they'll have to spend a bigger fortune than they are now without a good set up coaching/manager wise. The idiots might actually hold on to Solskjaer a lot longer than most of us think, I get the feeling they are using him because the fans love the little scamp. Of course, things can change quickly in football and it won#t be long before match going Mancs start turning on him, then maybe the board will have to act. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pistonbroke said:

 

From what my Manc supporting mates say, their board is desperate for Ole to become a success (giggles) and so they aren't holding out on getting a replacement any time soon. I reckon it is mainly down to how good we are at the moment and obviously money bags City and you also have to factor in Chelsea when they can unleash the cheque book again. The Mancs seem to be going for younger players with an eye on things in a few seasons time, otherwise they'll have to spend a bigger fortune than they are now without a good set up coaching/manager wise. The idiots might actually hold on to Solskjaer a lot longer than most of us think, I get the feeling they are using him because the fans love the little scamp. Of course, things can change quickly in football and it won#t be long before match going Mancs start turning on him, then maybe the board will have to act. 

I reckon he's got this season at least. You can't say you want to rebuild with young players and then pull the plug on the strategy after 1 transfer window. I think I'm right in thinking he only signed James, bissaka and Maguire so far and I don't think they've been disastrous for them, it's just the rest of it is shite. I reckon he could have as long as till this time next year as long as they get a European spot of any kind. Maybe even 8th would keep them happy and they get a season of building without Europe next year. And there rests the case for the defence. 

 

All of which is great news for us, because he's clearly shite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I reckon he's got this season at least. You can't say you want to rebuild with young players and then pull the plug on the strategy after 1 transfer window. I think I'm right in thinking he only signed James, bissaka and Maguire so far and I don't think they've been disastrous for them, it's just the rest of it is shite. I reckon he could have as long as till this time next year as long as they get a European spot of any kind. Maybe even 8th would keep them happy and they get a season of building without Europe next year. And there rests the case for the defence. 

 

All of which is great news for us, because he's clearly shite. 

 

It's great mate. Their plan is also not factoring in that other teams will strengthen and unless FIFA/UEFA act City and Chelsea will always have huge spending power unless their owners fuck off. The more success we have under Klopp will also ensure we can constantly invest in the staff. 
 

I also don't see the current so called crop of youngsters all turning out to be the second coming of the class of 80, which is clearly what they are trying to achieve. Albeit via transfers and not their own youth set up which seems to be shit compared to years gone by. That Wan Bissaka doesn't look all that, just a steady player who seems to be over hyped, James could be a good player but he blows hot and cold. Maguire is a donkey imo, Rashford and Marshal they already had and they also blow hot and cold, Rashford is over hyped to fuck when you look at the amount of chances he wastes, especially when he has the chance to play in someone else but reads the game totally wrong. Linderlof is pure muck at times and Bailey was a waste of big money and always injured. Shaw is their Sturridge as far as injuries go and he's not getting any fitter. That  Tuanzebe or whatever he's called struggles to get into a shit team yet they like to build his prospects up off the back of a few decent performances, they are now doing the same with that Williams lad because he put in a half decent performance. That Greenwood won't get playing time unless they have injuries up front, he's another lad who they fornicate about but I just don't see what they do. The rest of the squad are gash, including Pogba who seems more than happy to be injured and away from the flak. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

 

It's great mate. Their plan is also not factoring in that other teams will strengthen and unless FIFA/UEFA act City and Chelsea will always have huge spending power unless their owners fuck off. The more success we have under Klopp will also ensure we can constantly invest in the staff. 
 

I also don't see the current so called crop of youngsters all turning out to be the second coming of the class of 80, which is clearly what they are trying to achieve. Albeit via transfers and not their own youth set up which seems to be shit compared to years gone by. That Wan Bissaka doesn't look all that, just a steady player who seems to be over hyped, James could be a good player but he blows hot and cold. Maguire is a donkey imo, Rashford and Marshal they already had and they also blow hot and cold, Rashford is over hyped to fuck when you look at the amount of chances he wastes, especially when he has the chance to play in someone else but reads the game totally wrong. Linderlof is pure muck at times and Bailey was a waste of big money and always injured. Shaw is their Sturridge as far as injuries go and he's not getting any fitter. That  Tuanzebe or whatever he's called struggles to get into a shit team yet they like to build his prospects up off the back of a few decent performances, they are now doing the same with that Williams lad because he put in a half decent performance. That Greenwood won't get playing time unless they have injuries up front, he's another lad who they fornicate about but I just don't see what they do. The rest of the squad are gash, including Pogba who seems more than happy to be injured and away from the flak. 

I was wondering if the pogba injury was of a similar nature to coutinho's that summer before he left us. He was desperate to get out and then he's just gone. I don't quite know what they do next to be honest and I get the impression neither do they, which is why they appointed him in the 1st place and bought themselves time by making it a project. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I was wondering if the pogba injury was of a similar nature to coutinho's that summer before he left us. He was desperate to get out and then he's just gone. I don't quite know what they do next to be honest and I get the impression neither do they, which is why they appointed him in the 1st place and bought themselves time by making it a project. 

 

I fully agree. It seems that they want this new project to be their blue print and are happy to have an ex player who is held in high regard by the fans to try and see it through. Surely they must be regretting it now, anyone with a bit of knowledge in the game can see he's way out of his depth. It's not like he had any managerial credit in the bank and is just going through a rough patch. He's shite, and also oversaw Cardiff's demise. Even if they pull the plug on his tenure you can see them wanting to carry on with this new pet project of buying youngsters. My only concern is that they are buying home grown youngsters/players all of a sudden, do they know something (tip off by the powers that be) what is going to change post Brexit as far as PL rules go? Chelsea seem to be doing the same thing as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pistonbroke said:

 

I fully agree. It seems that they want this new project to be their blue print and are happy to have an ex player who is held in high regard by the fans to try and see it through. Surely they must be regretting it now, anyone with a bit of knowledge in the game can see he's way out of his depth. It's not like he had any managerial credit in the bank and is just going through a rough patch. He's shite, and also oversaw Cardiff's demise. Even if they pull the plug on his tenure you can see them wanting to carry on with this new pet project of buying youngsters. My only concern is that they are buying home grown youngsters/players all of a sudden, do they know something (tip off by the powers that be) what is going to change post Brexit as far as PL rules go? Chelsea seem to be doing the same thing as well. 

You might be on to something with the post brexit rules. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

United don't have the London draw. They don't have the great manager or great players draw. They are just a theme park these days.

 

They are still one of the biggest clubs in the world, especially in the UK, Ireland and Scandinavia where there may be several generations of family members supporting them. It was the same for us even in our darkest days in those places. Their big problem is that they aren't relevant in the new football markets like Asia or the americas. Face it, your average 14 year old in Singapore wouldn't really think about United. City would be far more on their radar, let alone us or the big continental clubs. 

 

I actually can see what they tried to achieve with Ole. The problem is he isn't a big enough personality to manage a club that size and their dressing room is a mess. Their young players they have are massively overated. Think of Lampard and Chelsea's young players and that is a club that will go places. Different quality manager and different quality of young player. Rashford has the tools to be very good, but if you compare him to the young players they churned out over the years, he isn't that good.

 

Over the next few years, I think Mourinho will do a decent  job with Spurs. They will realise that they picked the wrong set of odeous mutinous bastards to support and maybe they should have stuck with him rather than dickheads like Pogba and Lindgard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They still have a massive fanbase, especially in Asia. Them, Madrid and Barca are still the most followed clubs in the world. But maybe with continued success and winning we will also join that group. We're just outside of those 3 currently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

You might be on to something with the post brexit rules. 

 

 

What easier way is there to level the playing field and ensure certain clubs have a massive head start. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recently crowned Arsenal Player of the Decade Alexis Sanchez looks to be set to return to training with Inter Milan earlier than expected, maybe after Christmas.

 

United paid him this week more than the entire starting 11 of Sheffield United were paid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Available Subscriptions

  • Last Match Report

  • Latest Posts

    • 3 more games like that? That should make the season finale a lot more fun.
    • Jürgen Klopp has given fulsome praise to his players as Liverpool had to fight exceptionally hard to record their 18th straight league win after a 3-2 victory against West Ham on Monday night.

      The home fans walking into Anfield would have by and large expected a routine victory against a side who are battling to hold onto their Premier League status.

      And when Gini Wijnaldum scored from a flowing move within the ten minute mark, it appeared that the Reds would stroll to another three points.

      However the Hammers who have just one league win in 2020 and whose fans are in uproar over the current ownership of the East London club, were in the mood to cause some uncomfortable moments for the home side and equalised through a Issa Diop header which went through Alisson.

      They then took a shock lead early in the second half when substitute Pablo Fornals smartly turned the ball home and any discussion of a routine evening at the office was now well and truly on the back burner.

      During this winning run in the league, Liverpool have had their hurdles to overcome and this was another one.

      While they were not at their fluid best, they found a way again with goals by Mo Salah (via a Lukasz Fabianski howler) and Sadio Mane. 

      Speaking after the game as the Reds equaled the consecutive league victory mark set by Man City, Klopp said he continues to be be amazed by the ability of his squad to perform game after game.

      The Echo reported the manager as saying:

      A couple of years ago, maybe at the beginning of my time here, I said we wanted to write our own stories and create our own history.

      “Obviously the boys have taken that really seriously, when I said that!

      “It’s all cool, but not too important at the moment. 

      “I never thought it would ( the consecutive wins) would bebroken or equalled We did it and I cannot believe it happened to be honest.

      “It’s so special. The numbers are incredible, so difficult.

      “We have spoken about wonderful games and hard games, and it was a difficult one tonight. 

      “You can only get those numbers by winning all those games. The brilliant ones, the rougher ones, the more grumpy ones.”

      “That’s what counts. 

      We all know that it’s very special, but at the moment we are just in the situation and want to recover and want to prepare for the next one.”  

      Despite also battling for their Premier League survival, Klopp said the next clash against Watford on Saturday evening will a considerable challenge.

      “The next three points are always the hardest. 

      “It’s always been like this. It would be strange if we said anything different. 

      “The next 12 points will be difficult because they are difficult, you saw that tonight.

      “The next opponent is waiting, the whole stadium at Watford will go for us. It’s completely normal. It will be a special atmosphere and we have to be 100% ready.

      “I saw them against United and they played really well here because at the moment everybody is fighting for everything.

      “I saw the boys tonight, they are really ready to fight. 

      “As long as we have that then nobody should worry, but we really have a lot of work still to do.”   Klopp also a special mention for the crowd after the 21st successive home league win.

      “We have to be ready for the hardest work as a unit, and we were there again together with the crowd tonight, I loved that fact. 

      “Whatever will happen this season is an effort of all of us. I could not be more thankful or appreciate the support we get.   "So far so good."
       
      View full article
    • If Lallana's leaving then Naby needs to stay so he can take over as stringvest's favourite player.
    • Amendment to earlier post - he also looked very good at the start against Barcelona at the Nou Camp. Of course he then went off injured, and the reshuffle led directly to their first goal. His injury record feels like it puts Harry Kewells in the shade.
  • Latest Round Up

  • Popular Contributors

×