Quantcast
PSG(h) Champions League Match thread - Page 32 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
LFC 6 Times

PSG(h) Champions League Match thread

8 hours ago, an tha said:

Tuchel saying result was 'not logical or correct'...

Yeah i make you right...your team of mercenary flat track bully shithouses should have lost by a lot more.

His shit primark jacket was not logical or correct either

Can't believe Ainsy got in after all of the aggravation his unpreparedness had caused, and Bri, who was nothing but assiduous and punctilious all evening, got turned away.

• Upvote 1

Real swagger to that win last night. I've come to trust this side to the extent that I was still confident of a winner even going into injury time. We're being absolutely spoiled rotten at the moment with what we're seeing. 

The challenge now is avoiding a flat, damp squib of a performance against Southampton at the weekend. Keita and Firmino to start, I reckon.

I want Robertson and Milner in my bunker when the zombie apocalypse begins.

• Upvote 1

Yeah Saturday is a test.

Last season when we were shit it was pretty much always during the intensity of the 3 games in 6/7 days that Europe brings.

Would be a good little hurdle to clear to go out and put in a strong performance and get a good win after last nights efforts and the big win at Tottenham and provide further evidence that we might just be the real deal this season.

25 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I want Robertson and Milner in my bunker when the zombie apocalypse begins.

Scotsmen and no nonsense northerners were the foundation the club became great on.

Now we're just 4 or 5 moustaches away from greatness. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, an tha said:

Yeah Saturday is a test.

Last season when we were shit it was pretty much always during the intensity of the 3 games in 6/7 days that Europe brings.

Would be a good little hurdle to clear to go out and put in a strong performance and get a good win after last nights efforts and the big win at Tottenham and provide further evidence that we might just be the real deal this season.

I'd give Shaqiri a run out on Saturday too. He brought our energy right up when we needed it last night. Didn't look out of place at all. Good little cameo.

What surprised me the most about PSG last night was how little they indulged in theatrics. Cavani gestured for a yellow card in the opening minutes, and pleaded with the ref for free kicks to no avail on a couple of other occasions, but I don't recall Mbappe doing anything like that, and even Neymar looked to stay on his feet when the challenges were coming in. He was acting the drama queen at the World Cup over far less than anything he faced last night. I don't even recall Thiago Silva claiming a cheap free kick and 'needing treatment' which he has done in every other match I've seen him play in.

No doubt we'll get an absolute tosspot of a ref for the return fixture, and PSG will be up to their usual shithouse antics to the max.Hopefully by then we will have sealed our place in the knockout stage.

1 hour ago, Trumo said:

What surprised me the most about PSG last night was how little they indulged in theatrics. Cavani gestured for a yellow card in the opening minutes, and pleaded with the ref for free kicks to no avail on a couple of other occasions, but I don't recall Mbappe doing anything like that, and even Neymar looked to stay on his feet when the challenges were coming in. He was acting the drama queen at the World Cup over far less than anything he faced last night. I don't even recall Thiago Silva claiming a cheap free kick and 'needing treatment' which he has done in every other match I've seen him play in.

No doubt we'll get an absolute tosspot of a ref for the return fixture, and PSG will be up to their usual shithouse antics to the max.Hopefully by then we will have sealed our place in the knockout stage.

Klopp was pretty complimentary about Neymar before the game, even offering excuses for his behaviour in the World Cup. Didn't stop our players getting stuck into him, but like you say, he actually stayed on his feet.

I'm not sure Tuchel's the type of personality to get that particular group of individuals to work as a team.

Our back four last night cost an average of about £22m each. You'd barely get one of Harry Maguire's meaty thighs for that in this market. It's the perfect example of how smart we've been recently - spend big when needed, but give youth and potential its chance too.

Most expensive defender on planet
£5m prospect from Charlton
£8m purchase from relegated side
Player who came through the youth system

I get the feeling that we'll now see back-to-back starts against Southampton and Chelsea in the league cup for Shaqiri, Fabinho, Matip and Sturridge.

It's been an intense start to the season, and I think Klopp will see the value in resting Mane, Wijnaldum, Gomez, and Firmino.

Could see them all come off the bench in both games for Salah, Milner, Van Dijk and Sturridge.

It's little pockets of rest time like this that can have a huge beneficial impact to the squad in the coming weeks.  Even if it's just 10 days or so, it's with a view to battering the same first choice players again for Chelsea (a), Napoli (a) and Man City (h) which all happen over 8 days before the international break.

2 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Our back four last night cost an average of about £22m each. You'd barely get one of Harry Maguire's meaty thighs for that in this market. It's the perfect example of how smart we've been recently - spend big when needed, but give youth and potential its chance too.

Most expensive defender on planet
£5m prospect from Charlton
£8m purchase from relegated side
Player who came through the youth system

Having said that, I think we should still be in the market for that Fekir or Pulisic addition, which will be something in the region of £70m.  I'm sure we are and we will do something like that in January or next summer.  

I hope we continue to monitor that lad Akanji at Dortmund.

Felt a bit like Spurs this, a bit worried before the game, but after it, exactly the same feeling of 'what the fuck was I worried about'.

Keep it up you mighty reds and pack it in me, you bad shithouse. Grow a set. 

Hurricane Liverpool again.

PSG, Porto, Roma and co rock up to Anfield and can't handle us. There's nothing like us in their league. Especially Ligue 1, which PSG have turned into a waste of time. We end up ripping through them. We played really well and had we not won it would have been a rip off. Just like the weekend.

We need to start finishing teams off but in terms of our performance, I thought we were magnificent.

•  

It makes my dick twitch when I see opposition players and mangers play down the European Anfield atmosphere, only to leave with their tails between their legs.