You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

25 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

I’m guessing it’s because Campione means Champions in Italian (which makes sense) whereas Champione means Trainers or Sneakers (which makes less sense).

Ah I see! I didn’t read it closely.

Then agreed- ‘champione’ is the cry of the moron.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Ah I see! I didn’t read it closely.

Then agreed- ‘champione’ is the cry of the moron.

It's a song that dates back to the mid-80s when we went to the lions den in Rome in 84 to bring it back home.  Other teams' supporters had no idea what it was because they didn't have the European sophistication that we had.

As Tokyo Joe will recall, it was followed by "Go, go Tokyo!" though we weren't really in the mood to conquer the whole world just yet.

• Upvote 4

47 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

The Twitter official premier league account is full-on sucking Man City cock, and we're expected to believe that they'll do anything about the 115 charges? Not happening. Corrupt as fuck league. Rotten to the core. 

Yeah Premier league won't do fuck all, I suspect nothing will happen until sky and BT's subscriptions nosedive. 

Ironically I think it's the "anyone but the scousers" bollocks which has prolonged it. 

3 hours ago, mike23 said:

That BBC report, like a lot of other reports about the charges, ran with the narrative that their offences are purely historical. It obviously wouldn't be okay if that was all it was as it's won them titles in the past and the strength of their current squad is very much indebted to those offences, but I really don't like how it keeps being implied that they're now doing things legitimately. The only reason the charges only go up to 2018 is because they stopped complying with the investigation. They're still making up false sponsorships, making out that they bring in more now than every other club in world football, and the Haaland signing alone shows that they're not declaring what they're paying in wages accurately. Every other interested premier league club had to walk away from signing him because of the finances involved, and it wasn't because of the transfer fee - which still laughably gets brought up as an example of how efficiently run they are.

I think another reason actually it doesn't go beyond 2018 is because nobody can get any information, not just because they're no cooperating but the information that has actual done for them was hacked. Without that hacked data, there'd be nothing. The nice thing about the hacked data is even if they end up wriggling and fighting for years over it, it's there and clear as day they've cheated. 

They're paying Haaland close to 900k a week.  No other club in the world could do that, not while also paying most of the other top players upwards of 250k a week.

So the charges may well be 'historic' but thats only because the cunts won't let anyone look at their books anymore. They're cheating as much now as they ever have, probably even more so.

• Upvote 4

Its probably just the vituperative mood I'm in, but City can fuck right off. They are the team that says cheats prosper. They are the beacon around which the achieved nothing and the wannabees can coalesce around because they cheat and they don't care who knows, because they have got bigger pockets then everyone else. They are the team that people who watch Triple X and Fast And Furious would watch. A moral vacuum and a plastic dry fuck. Fuck them to hell and back. All of their wins will be marked * and history will not be kind to them. They are Juventus with a shit accent. Fuck them.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, dave u said:

They're paying Haaland close to 900k a week.  No other club in the world could do that, not while also paying most of the other top players upwards of 250k a week.

So the charges may well be 'historic' but thats only because the cunts won't let anyone look at their books anymore. They're cheating as much now as they ever have, probably even more so.

The claim is he is on @ 350 a week.

They have at least 8-10 players well over 250 under the same scheme.

17 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The claim is he is on @ 350 a week.

They have at least 8-10 players well over 250 under the same scheme.

Who's claim? There's plenty out there saying otherwise. The mail have been sticking by their claim of 850k per week all season

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11989271/Manchester-City-set-offer-Erling-Haaland-extension-865-000-WEEK-deal.html

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

Who's claim? There's plenty out there saying otherwise. The mail have been sticking by their claim of 850k per week all season

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11989271/Manchester-City-set-offer-Erling-Haaland-extension-865-000-WEEK-deal.html

That is what he is "on the books" for by most sources. Read - what is claimed for FFP.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

The non oil clubs should start a breakaway league, let city, the mancs and Newcastle just play each other, forever.

Pretty much this.  A separate league for teams that are self sufficient is needed to make things competitive again.  Fuck the cheating cunts and start again.  
I’d love to see City stripped of everything they’ve won since Abu Dhabi took over. I want their name to be synonymous with cheating and all that’s wrong with football so much so that when your nan cheats at monopoly your say oh you pulled a Manchester City but I doubt anything will happen as either the Premier League will drop the charges or City and their lawyers will drag this out for years.   Sickens me that we’ve been deprived leagues when our skin flint owners play by the rules.  Fuck City, Newcastle, Everton and the Manc cunts.  Fuck them all.

Good to see that City fans celebrate winning the Premier League like Evertonians rejoice at avoiding relegation - with the pitch invasion. Yet the outpouring of Bitter relief at again avoiding the 'drop' is  completely natural compared to the invention of joy at winning a competition that City's finances should always ensure. 

In the immortal words of Oscar Wilde: "Cunts! The fucking lot of them. Cunts!"

• Upvote 2

Good read.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2023/may/21/manchester-city-can-manage-pitch-invasion-but-not-the-clubs-legacy

Nothing here is left to chance. In many ways this is the founding ethos of Abu Dhabi’s little blue sock puppet: the ability to plot out not simply the next move but all the moves after that, a painstaking attention to detail, the blunt will and brazen assurance to remove not only the obstacles but the things that might one day be obstacles, maybe.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Same for the CL only Guardiola has massively underachieved for years.

That will be forgotten.

Not by us. Though the media may be blind to such a glaring failure, given the advantage of unbridled wealth at his disposal, most of the football fan base can clearly see that gap in Guardilola's and City's recent achievements. Maybe that gap will be filled in the near future, but it would just be a further case of mammon triumphalism, which, paradoxically, would cheapen such an achievement. As Oscar Wilde said, "Fuck 'em!". Not sure he was talking about City but, anyway, fuck 'em.  

It's staggering the lack of coverage the investigation of city is receiving.

City said that they are looking forward to working with the PL to clear their name.

Of the 118 charges against them 30 of them are for obstructing the PL investigation.

Not a fucking peep.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

I’m guessing it’s because Campione means Champions in Italian (which makes sense) whereas Champione means Trainers or Sneakers (which makes less sense).

Erm....

Screenshot_20230522_072902_Translate.jpg

Screenshot_20230522_072955_Translate.jpg