You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

On 30/04/2023 at 01:44, razor said:

It always seems to me that the rich and powerful avoid justice.

It is rare that those who have the means to fight the slightest technicality on the edges of law ever face consequences - they either pay-off victims out of court, or else employ armies of pedantic lawyers that can hold up and/or have cases dismissed seemingly at will.

I honestly don't hold out much hope of the case against City going well.  UEFA bottled it for a reason.  The rich and powerful can end up using the law as a game of poker, keeping on upping the stake until everyone else folds rather than face bankruptcy carrying on.

Even Pep himself is no longer regarded as a "cheat" even though he got caught cheating TWICE as a player.  He fought it for 8 years.  Despite being found guilty by the Italian FA, then again in a court of law, then having two appeals fail, he still managed to worm his way off the hook on the flimsiest of technicalities - the FA had not kept his urine sample so it couldn't be tested for a new finding...

So then, case closed.  Why would the Italian FA keep on fighting?

Read about the cheating, passive-aggressive weirdo here:

https://www.sportingintelligence.com/2017/04/25/sharapova-guardiola-doping-darkness-and-light-250401/

Fallout from Operation Puerto wasnt it ? I’m sure there was a thread in here back in the day about it.

• 2 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Fucking hilarious that Guardiola is crying about Eurovision meaning they only have one day off before playing Real. He must really fucking hate Liverpool. 

Pep’s a prize cunt, but he’s absolutely right. The way the FA don’t give a fuck about their clubs in Europe is extraordinary. There is no doubt that the way the Spanish support their teams has contributed to their success. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Fucking hilarious that Guardiola is crying about Eurovision meaning they only have one day off before playing Real. He must really fucking hate Liverpool. 

He should sign some more players then. Keep his squad fresh.  

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

He should sign some more players then. Keep his squad fresh.  

<blockquote class="ipsQuote" data-gramm="false" data-ipsquote="" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic" data-ipsquote-contentcommentid="6459322" data-ipsquote-contentid="112949" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-timestamp="1684064020" data-ipsquote-userid="51470" data-ipsquote-username="JohnnyH">
    <div class="ipsQuote_citation">
        1 minute ago, JohnnyH said:
    </div>

<div class="ipsQuote_contents ipsClearfix" data-gramm="false">
        <p>
            <br>
            Pep&rsquo;s a prize cunt, but he&rsquo;s absolutely right. The way the FA don&rsquo;t give a fuck about their clubs in Europe is extraordinary. There is no doubt that the way the Spanish support their teams has contributed to their success.&nbsp;
        </p>
    </div>
</blockquote>

<p>
    &nbsp;
</p>
Bet the FA voted for Brexit. 

Lads, it looks like AI is trying to pretend its a human. Don’t fall for it. 

2 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

Pep’s a prize cunt, but he’s absolutely right. The way the FA don’t give a fuck about their clubs in Europe is extraordinary. There is no doubt that the way the Spanish support their teams has contributed to their success. 

Oh I'd be fuming if it was us but fuck the bald drug cheating chequebook cunt. 

• Upvote 2

Is it possible that this season, and last night are the tipping point? It is not just Liverpool fans, Delaney and Harris this morning. 

• Upvote 7

27 minutes ago, Razoray said:

Is it possible that this season, and last night are the tipping point? It is not just Liverpool fans, Delaney and Harris this morning. 

We live in hope. What’s going to come first - me, and probably plenty of others, giving up on this corrupt and tarnished sport or City getting their just desserts?

30 minutes ago, Razoray said:

Arsenal fans have the hump about them, man united don't want them to win a CL, but had they been facing off against us, they wouldn't have been complaining about city, like they haven't for all the years they were stopping us win the league. And of course real Madrid have been calling them out for years, but last night is probably the first time it has cost them. 

29 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Some blert on the radio5 this morning described them as 'Ruthlessly efficient'. Pound-for-pound, they must be the most inefficient team there has ever been.  

Such as the efficiency of a £100m player who, in 12 CL games this season has 0 goals, 0 assists and one yellow. 

If Qatar buy Man United then it will be virtually impossible for the Premier League to nail them,  in my opinion. With Newcastle, City, the Tories, and whoever else they can buy, they would be very powerful.

I spoke to a United supporting friend of mine last week and he is all in on Qatar. I tried to reason with him saying they would be just a plaything of a corrupt, homophobic, woman-hating, Sharia-law legislating, authoritarian regime. I said that everything they won with Qatari owners would be as a result of Qatari sportswashing. It would be bought and not earned, bought for a country and it's horrific attitudes and deeds, just to be accepted by the West.

Abu Dhabi can win everything with a club like Manchester City so it might as well be Leeds winning the trophies that United would win with Qatari ownership, as the influence of the club history, support, culture, etc., would have very little to do with the success.

It would all be down to the owners.

Hate the Mancs all you want but I always felt that, like us, their supporters have been a huge influence on what they have achieved. In the future they would be like City fans, just watching something rather than being a part of it. 

I asked him, why not Ratcliffe? He said that Ratcliffe intends the let the Glazers keep a percentage and he hates the Glazers.

I said that surely if they get new owners, the club spends what it makes, and has competent people running the club, they should be among the best in Europe. Also, the Glazers will eventually be bought out and even if they weren't, they wouldn't have any influence in the running of the club and would no longer be taking money out of the club to service debt. They have told us since the Norwich scarves that this is the reason why the supporters protest. So why not Ratcliffe? 

He wasn't having it. I think they became too accustomed to being the best that they can't abide just having a great chance at being the best. 

The sports news on the radio this morning had no mention of them, 11am and a demolishing of Real Madrid was already considered non news worthy by an editorial team. While the media haven't done a fraction of what they could to highlight the cheating they have largely ignored them, hence all the tears from Pep over the years.

The bottom line is capitalism is all can save us from them, when people switch off the authorities will act. Last night I went to my daughters match, full squad, usual parents there. If Liverpool or Utd where playing Madrid in a CL semi final they would have been scraping the barrell looking for players or parents to bring them. Even at the final whistle there was nobody rushing the kids to get home for the 2nd half, it's pure ambivalence.

Fun fact...

Jurgen Klopp has won every trophy can win with Liverpool and has done so much quicker than Guardiola may do so at Man City and has done so whilst spending over 500m pounds less...

Oh and Klopp is not managing with 115 charges of financial malpractice outstanding against his club.....and a previous ban for cheating from uefa somehow overturned in dubious circumstances.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

And with their normal good grace. Don't try and defend the charges, look for ways to derail the system. Cunts. 

IMG_20230518_153406_590.jpg

Hahahahahhaha.  As predictable as an Evertonian booing their own players. 

• Upvote 1