Quantcast
Man City - the new bitters? - Page 143 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Naz17

Man City - the new bitters?

Wonder what the ruling prince is thinking now. Sends little brother off with a few billion to do some straightforward sportwashing and suddenly his country is dumped into the middle of the world’s highest profile corruption case.

I’d imagine the guys at Etihad Airways are pretty pissed off too. How do they answer the question of how much funding they gave without either lying or grassing

6 minutes ago, PestiRed said:

Wonder what the ruling prince is thinking now. Sends little brother off with a few billion to do some straightforward sportwashing and suddenly his country is dumped into the middle of the world’s highest profile corruption case.

I’d imagine the guys at Etihad Airways are pretty pissed off too. How do they answer the question of how much funding they gave without either lying or grassing

Or how about he knew and none of this is a surprise and the only thing that does surprise him is they can't stamp their feet and get their own way? 

3 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Or how about he knew and none of this is a surprise and the only thing that does surprise him is they can't stamp their feet and get their own way? 

Knowing that it’s being done and then finding out that it’s been done in an unbelievably incompetent way are two different things. I reckon there are a few minor brothers sharpening their knives right now

I don't think it's inconceivable that City will just write off their losses and walk away. The rich kid who starts to find learning the violin is trickier than they imagined doesn't worry about the money spent by Pater on a Stradivarius and lessons from a virtuoso.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, PestiRed said:

Knowing that it’s being done and then finding out that it’s been done in an unbelievably incompetent way are two different things. I reckon there are a few minor brothers sharpening their knives right now

If they hadn't have been hacked, they wouldn't have been caught and as they say, would be the perfect crime. Man City had already shown evidence to uefa that everything was in order and this has only been rumbled since because of the football leaks thing and then city's inability to adequately respond to subsequent questions. 

The biggest 2 stories about man city in recent times seems to point back to a lack of cyber security. Internally, they'll just get rid of someone responsible for IT I reckon - to each other they will blame IT, the rest I reckon will just be PR of some form or other. 

2 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

If they hadn't have been hacked, they wouldn't have been caught and as they say, would be the perfect crime. Man City had already shown evidence to uefa that everything was in order and this has only been rumbled since because of the football leaks thing and then city's inability to adequately respond to subsequent questions. 

The biggest 2 stories about man city in recent times seems to point back to a lack of cyber security. Internally, they'll just get rid of someone responsible for IT I reckon - to each other they will blame IT, the rest I reckon will just be PR of some form or other. 

Always amazes me in these cases what people put in their emails. Although the incompetence for me was the aggressive strategy from day one towards UEFA. 

15 minutes ago, PestiRed said:

Always amazes me in these cases what people put in their emails. Although the incompetence for me was the aggressive strategy from day one towards UEFA. 

Yes, I think the threats to Uefa of bankrupting them with legal fees was not very helpful in calming the situation.

if they had shown evidence previously, that must now be deemed false evidence. I think they’ll have to do more than blame IT to get out of this.

Their disastrous aggressive strategy is hilarious and long may it continue 

34 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I think you might be on to something there. Wouldnt be surprised if he offers martin samuel a role as his new PR \ spin doctor like united did with ashton.

18 minutes ago, PestiRed said:

Should have used Whattsapp in a closed group, slack bastards. 

26 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Image result for it crowd head

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, PestiRed said:

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. When you live in a regime where the word of one man (or his family) is unquestioned, when that man is questioned and told you cannot do that, they tend to get arsey. The 'dont you know who I am' syndrome comes to the fore.

• Upvote 1

There's no way City provided 'proof' of the above-board nature of their sponsorship deal. Even without the hacked emails, Uefa would have been within their rights to say okay, what was the second highest bid you received so we can guage your value in the marketplace? This lad has them sussed:

• Upvote 11

12 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Be interesting to see how many renew their season tickets .

The whole ground obviously.  In fact there is another 10 whole grounds worth of people paying the value of a season ticket to be on a waiting list to get a season ticket too.  Don’t ask me for any evidence or I’ll send 100 lawyers around to your house.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, deiseach said:

There's no way City provided 'proof' of the above-board nature of their sponsorship deal. Even without the hacked emails, Uefa would have been within their rights to say okay, what was the second highest bid you received so we can guage your value in the marketplace? This lad has them sussed:

this #taintedtitles is really becoming a thing isn't it.

I think the idea that they’re just going to sell up is fanciful though.  They’re just going to get better at covering this up.  It’s funny how brazen they’ve been when you think about it.  The Etihad sponsorship thing is just completely laughable and they’ve basically got away with it as well.  The FA/premier league are not going to take titles off them and even if this ban sticks it’s just delaying the inevitable it feels like.

If they had any sense originally they would have fully paid the wages off the books as some sort of sponsorship of the player, they would have set up hundreds of fake smaller sponsorship deals for the club and probably most importantly they should have paid off who they needed to at UEFA.  After this all settles down they won’t be so stupid going forward.

The arrogant reaction in the media will be because the guys in charge there will be shitting themselves that they will suddenly disappear in some accident because of the embarrassment they’ve created and they’re doubling down.

1 hour ago, PestiRed said:

Yeah, I don't get it either. I've never put anything sensitive in an email since I called a client a fucking cunt in an internal email and accidentally copied him in in 1998! In my defence he was a fucking cunt, so it would stand up in court. 

35 minutes ago, deiseach said:

City absolutely had "proved" their deals were above board. It's why these years they're being done for now cover the same period as their last fine and subsequent return of some of the fine. It was a closed case. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Pete said:

So Pep says he’ll still be there even if they’re relegated to league 2?

Hmmmmmm...

He's just proving he's part of the gang and he'll be there telling them how easy it is to reinvent yourself "look at me, they all think I'm principled and I'm a fucking drugs cheat"

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Istvan Kuntstain said:

You trust something owned by facebook, has a few flaws whatsapp, prefer wickr..

Write off myspace at your peril.

Just been reading some of the mental gymnastics going on with city fans, it truly is mad.

These are the ‘sensible’ ones.

They’re saying that it didn’t come from the owner, it came from companies that the owner controls and therefore not affecting FFP. Verdict, innocent.

We’ve admitted guilt and that’s alright, because they are looking for wrongdoings and we told them about them so they should let us off. Verdict, innocent.

CAS isn’t looking for guilt, it’s looking for proof and they don’t have any really as the files we’re hacked illegally. Verdict, innocent.

UEFA will owe us 450m if they fail so they won’t bother to fight it any longer. Verdict, innocent.

Only some of the sponsors are ME based, therefore they’re not all dodgy.  Verdict, innocent.

Genuinely alarming that such idiots have internet access.