You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton away, Saturday 7th April 12.30

Grinch

Decent result, in the context of all things.

Everton are terrible. £200m on that shite.

What happened to the famous Goodison atmosphere?

They showed they're superior to us once again by not producing an atmosphere, with their modesty and dignity.

Why the fuck whisper it?

Have the courage of your convictions and shout it from the rooftops. From the top of the Royal Liver Building next time you bring your Euros to town.

He was emblematic of our shit performance against City, WASN'T HE EVERYONE??!!

Because the performance of Ings and Solanke is being overstated that's why.

I don't think they are at all.

Not like he's on the dole or anything like that.

He's probably a nice lad and all though.  Of course.

Well we disagree then. As I said even Mo and Bobby could have missed those so I am not going to hang the lad out to dry over it. He is still what 21.

I don't think they are at all.

Not like he's on the dole or anything like that.

He's probably a nice lad and all though.  Of course.

Yea he'd just be better off being a nice lad playing at Yeovil alongside similar quality of footballers,

• Upvote 3

A bit unfair to write off Ings and Solanke on that performance . I see them as cover for Firmino and playing in the centre with Mo and Mane firing either side of them is a world away from both of them playing alongside a Mane easing his way through a game.

• Upvote 1

Why are we lumping Ings and Solanke into the same boat?

Ings looks like a U23 lad doing his best in the first team, only he's 25. He works hard, he runs about, but his quality is far short of what's required. He seems a nice lad, but he needs to go play for Burnley again, or maybe Watford, and just be a bigger fish in a much smaller pond. He'll be well-loved, he'll have a good career, and he can retire at a midtable club and their fans can debate whether he qualifies as a "legend" or not with his 52 league goals in 190 games.

Solanke just looks unlucky to me. Some of his touches are quite good, he's only 21, and I'm curious to see what he can become in 2-3 years. He certainly gets into the right places, and that's usually a better indicator of a young striker's future quality than anything else. Not saying he's going to be the second coming of Daniel Sturridge but he's at least worth persisting with as a backup, or maybe a backup's backup.

Yeah, we definitely don't lose anything if a player who has directly contributed to 37 goals this season gets injured and his replacements are someone with no knee ligaments and a kid with no Premier League goals.

With this and the Salah thing, you've got to be intentionally playing a grumpy character, right? Like, this can't be someone's actual opinion, right?

mark coulter is never wrong.

Ings looks like a U23 lad doing his best in the first team, only he's 25. He works hard, he runs about, but his quality is far short of what's required. He seems a nice lad, but he needs to go play for Burnley again, or maybe Watford, and just be a bigger fish in a much smaller pond. He'll be well-loved, he'll have a good career, and he can retire at a midtable club and their fans can debate whether he qualifies as a "legend" or not with his 52 league goals in 190 games.

Solanke just looks unlucky to me. Some of his touches are quite good, he's only 21, and I'm curious to see what he can become in 2-3 years. He certainly gets into the right places, and that's usually a better indicator of a young striker's future quality than anything else. Not saying he's going to be the second coming of Daniel Sturridge but he's at least worth persisting with as a backup, or maybe a backup's backup.

I'd like to see Origi come back. He's shown far more more in a red shirt than either of the other two. Good goalscoring record off the bench as well. He looked a player before Funes Mori went through him. 

• Upvote 3

We should have the clout this summer, assuming we move into the semi's of the CL and get top 4, to actually get a really top quality young striker to backup and potentially even replace Firmino (yeah I think Firmino is great, but you always want to improve). We should not have just one genuine top quality striker at the club. Not if we want to be doing any proper contending anyway. Ings and Solanke aren't doing any primary backup jobs at any of the other top clubs, so I'm not sure why they should be doing so at ours.

Decent result, in the context of all things.

Everton are terrible. £200m on that shite.

What happened to the famous Goodison atmosphere?

Singing and supporting your team is 'wool behaviour' according to bitters.

Slagging off our we've conquered all of europe song and associated scarf twirling and clapping.

I am really unsure about Solanke - how many strikers with zero top league goals at 21 go on to have great or even good careers?

He looks very ordinary to me in everything he does - ok he hasn't had a lot of games because of what he is behind so maybe he needs more of a chance - a loan next season might be useful in seeing what he might have. He needs to play and then we'll see if he is up to the job.

I'd like to see Origi come back. He's shown far more more in a red shirt than either of the other two. Good goalscoring record off the bench as well. He looked a player before Funes Mori went through him. 

Right on cue he's just pulled out a sublime assist, during which he megged a defender like he wasn't where.

• Upvote 1

Well we disagree then. As I said even Mo and Bobby could have missed those so I am not going to hang the lad out to dry over it. He is still what 21.

I wasn't hanging the lad out to dry.

I was more saying, with conviction, that he was entitled to rigorous criticism for not putting one away.  

It's happened before today, and he still hasn't scored for us yet.

Yes, he is 21.  I'm 52 and I wouldn't have scored today.

Hopefully he'll have a pint tonight, and next time, perhaps a mis-kick or something will turn things around for him.

That is not hanging someone out to dry, mate.

So I happily agree to disagree with you too.

I wasn't hanging the lad out to dry.

I was more saying, with conviction, that he was entitled to rigorous criticism for not putting one away.  

It's happened before today, and he still hasn't scored for us yet.

Yes, he is 21.  I'm 52 and I wouldn't have scored today.

Hopefully he'll have a pint tonight, and next time, perhaps a mis-kick or something will turn things around for him.

That is not hanging someone out to dry, mate.

So I happily agree to disagree with you too.

I never said you did mate. I just said Im not going to.

• Upvote 1

Because the performance of Ings and Solanke is being overstated that's why.

But it simply is not, mate.

If anything, people are being firm and even harsh about the two lads drawing a bland blank today.

Including me, perhaps, although I don't think so.

But yes of course, you're right on your bigger point, as usual:  (Salah and) FIrmino is shit.

A bit unfair to write off Ings and Solanke on that performance . I see them as cover for Firmino and playing in the centre with Mo and Mane firing either side of them is a world away from both of them playing alongside a Mane easing his way through a game.

Possibly.

I'd sooner rely on Woodburn for a goal though.

But it simply is not, mate.

If anything, people are being firm and even harsh about the two lads drawing a bland blank today.

Including me, perhaps, although I don't think so.

But yes of course, you're right on your bigger point, as usual: (Salah and) FIrmino is shit.

Less mate. More cunt
  • Upvote 2