You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Talisca looks brilliant, but still unclear if it’s an agreement with us or United.

I’d be surprised if it was United because he strikes me as being far too similar to Pogba’s style.

He’s got great poise and is rangey and direct. Plays like Pogba, or Veron, that type.

We haven't had a rangey player since....fill in the blank.

No, but Canal+ is, and they said during the Lyon - Nice match that Fekir's departure to Liverpool is very likely.

Lads I know who support LYON heard that on Canal yesterday indeed. They all reckon it’s a deal done.

• Upvote 2

It's 99% done but we haven't contacted Lyon yet. 

Breaking | Liverpool will contact Lyon after the Champions' League final to open formal discussions over the transfer of Nabil Fékir, according to tomorrow's L'Équipe.

In other news, rumours flying around that Stevie will be getting Harry Wilson on loan.

You are not Mascherano and I claim my 50 quid.

I can't stay for long as I'm enjoying the Barcelona sun, but 3 stacks made the point really well in his previous post.Fekir is a good player who lost something after his ACL injury. This year's injury was knee related I believe.

I don't believe that Fekir will find his explosive pace again through fitness improvements. That said, he is a brilliant technical player, I hope any medical is exhaustive.

If he was, how you say? A Ford Cortina, and you were going down to buy the car and discovered its engine had blown up and was replaced with a less powerful one and since then it had had clutch problems, you likely would be less optimistic, even though you are clearly a Ford Cortina kinda Hombre.

I keep reading about Talisca and I can't help thinking of this.

614QeluF09L._SL1000_.jpg

Actually, I can't help thinking of that anyway.  I have a problem.

Is the problem that you don't have enough bottles?

• Upvote 1

Who's going to be the superstar out of de Jong, de Ligt, Kluivert, Neres and Ziyech cloggy?

I watched an Ajax game a few months back when nothing else was on and thought I'd see what de Jong was like after hearing a lot of good stuff about him. The stand out player was someone I hadn't heard of and it was de Ligt, and then I found out he was only 18...

I'd buy him and agree to a 2 year loan back to Ajax.

Same with de Jong to be honest...

The problem with Fekir's knee injury is that before it he was known for his freakish acceleration. Now, even though he's back into shape physically, that acceleration seems to have gone. I've watched most games of his this season and he isn't often able to leave players for dead, although he is very, very good in tight spaces.

He still has amazing technique and a class left foot, but if you can imagine him before his injury, he was basically a stronger Eden Hazard. He was unbelievable. The concern for me would be that now he's gonna find it more difficult to beat his markers in England. 

This is certainly interesting information. I defer to your superior knowledge of his play having watched him. But correct me if I'm wrong, but watching what I can of him, he just looks like he has a very physical dribbling style, almost Suarez like, where he actively engages in physical contact to protect and even knock defenders off balance. He looks like he has a very strong core. To me that style of dribbling is effective without superior pace, which Suarez certainly didn't have. And to me he looks technically superior to Suarez.

So it seems to me that he has a style that could still be incredibly effective in the EPL, even if with his previous acceleration he could have been even better. He still had easily his most statistically dominant season despite losing one of his key physical attributes.

Also one of the issues with ACL injuries is players mentally try to protect themselves in their immediate return, which can take some time to get over psychologically. So I certainly wouldn't rule out some of that acceleration coming back with another good pre season and him regaining more confidence in his knee holding up.

• Upvote 1

This is certainly interesting information. I defer to your superior knowledge of his play having watched him. But correct me if I'm wrong, but watching what I can of him, he just looks like he has a very physical dribbling style, almost Suarez like, where he actively engages in physical contact to protect and even knock defenders off balance. He looks like he has a very strong core. To me that style of dribbling is effective without superior pace, which Suarez certainly didn't have. And to me he looks technically superior to Suarez.

So it seems to me that he has a style that could still be incredibly effective in the EPL, even if with his previous acceleration he could have been even better. He still had easily his most statistically dominant season despite losing one of his key physical attributes.

Also one of the issues with ACL injuries is players mentally try to protect themselves in their immediate return, which can take some time to get over psychologically. So I certainly wouldn't rule out some of that acceleration coming back with another good pre season and him regaining more confidence in his knee holding up.

Another concern is they tend to repeat.  

See Fat Ronaldo, Ings and the Ox 

We should try to sign a few Sporting Lisbon players on the cheap as loads will want to leave after getting battered by the Ultras at their training ground. They also lost out on qualification for the Champions League and lost the Portuguese Cup final to Aves. A team who've only spent 3 years of their history in the top division.

• Upvote 1

We should try to sign a few Sporting Lisbon players on the cheap as loads will want to leave after getting battered by the Ultras at their training ground. They also lost out on qualification for the Champions League and lost the Portuguese Cup final to Aves. A team who've only spent 3 years of their history in the top division.

We've been linked with Gelson Martins in the past. 13 goals & 13 assists in 52 games in all competitions this season. Involved in a goal every 2 games, so not too shabby for someone played mainly as a traditional right winger.