You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

One player that interests me is Talisca. He's basically a #10 in the body of a target man and has a hammer of a left foot. Think he'd be a star in the Premier League.

Linked with our friends and neighbours this morning as well as a completely nonsensical Icardi link for approx £100m.

Arsenal are set to complete their first signing of the post-Arsene Wenger era with Sokratis Papastathopoulos closing in on a move to the Emirates.

According to BILD in Germany, Sokratis will join the Gunners for around £17.5m (€20m) on a contract that runs until the end of the 2019/20 season.

Lyon's coach:

"For some, this may be the last game. It must give [those players] even more strength because you have to say: ' leave by helping this team qualify for the Champions League'.

"There is also the World Cup. The very great players are able to ignore all this and I think Nabil will play a big match on Saturday.

"It's a final. It must be won. We only control our match and not the rest. We must tackle that."

*insert "it's happening" .gif here

Arsenal are set to complete their first signing of the post-Arsene Wenger era with Sokratis Papastathopoulos closing in on a move to the Emirates.

According to BILD in Germany, Sokratis will join the Gunners for around £17.5m (€20m) on a contract that runs until the end of the 2019/20 season.

Is he the injury-jinxed lad we were linked extensively with ?

Or was it not the constantly injured Greek kid with Schalke whose career seems built around him looking insane in a gif?

Think it was probably that lad ER , he had a similar name from memory.

edit , yes you and BRB were right , Papadopoulos his name was & he went from Schalke to Hamburg. Seems we dodged a bullet.

You have. Undoubtedly talented player but you think he would make it in ouur league? Seems a bit slight to me cloggy.

Hard to say. He was deffo worth the risk when Twente were selling him for peanuts due to money troubles. He was carrying that side and they are fucked without him. Showing more versatility at Ajax as he is often further back in midfield rather than purely attacking. Clever talented player who takes a boss free kick. He's a fair bit taller than Coutinho but yeah he's slightly built.

Who's going to be the superstar out of de Jong, de Ligt, Kluivert, Neres and Ziyech cloggy?

1. de Jong

2. de Ligt

3. Neres

4. Kluivert (very boom or bust)

5. Ziyech

My opinion.

I'd be very surprised if the Ziyech link was genuine. Good player but has a horrible habit of shooting from too far out. Maybe Klopp could sign him with some sort of penalty in his contract for every shot from beyond 20 yards and train it out of him, I don't know.