You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The ‘Buy Nabil Fekir’ Campaign

If we have fucked about on the fee after the fee has been agreed, then its bad form from us and we will be getting a reputation for this.

If the med has found something serious enough to change the deal, then just walk away and move on.  

Whatever the issue is, to have a transfer fall apart like that when everybody said it was done doesn't look good.

It doesn't look good that we would pussy out at the eleventh hour and it would especially not look good if we we're gonna go through with it anyways by trying to fuck with the already established fee.

So

You look at a house

Agree a fee

Seveyor comes back and says there's damp and the a crack in the foundation

Do you still pay the same fee for a house that fucked?

We have hardly pussied out of anything. It looks like he has a knee problem and we wanted to change terms of the deal and the Lyon chairman who has always been a twat to deal and never wanted to do the deal pre eorld cup found a out.

If you bought an oven and found out the hob doesn't work you'd want to renegotiate the price.

Fair play Liverpool, Fekir is a crocked oven with a broken hob.

I'd just not buy said oven if there were alternatives, rather than waste the seller's time trying to be cheap.

I think this is less a case of "We go again" than it is "Here we go again".

Why would we want to buy something that was broken ? Trying to get something cheeper after a price has been agreed is idiotic. Walk away if you dont like the goods, no point in buying someone you have so big conserns over that you are back tracking on the price.

I hope its something else.

I'd just not buy said oven if there were alternatives, rather than waste the seller's time trying to be cheap.

I think this is less a case of "We go again" than it is "Here we go again".

Depends.

If you bought a car and knew you could fix it. You'd haggle.

Same with an oven.

If we have fucked about on the fee after the fee has been agreed, then its bad form from us and we will be getting a reputation for this.

If the med has found something serious enough to change the deal, then just walk away and move on.

Spot on.

No one will pay top dollar for him if he has an issue. Is that not the whole point of a medical?

Exactly

You restructure the fee

If he plays enough games you get the full amount of money. If the knee blows out they dont. They never wanted to sell pre world cup so have just cancelled talks. Easy get out for Lyon Chairman. Blames us amd doesn't alienate Fekir

Depends.

If you bought a car and knew you could fix it. You'd haggle.

Same with an oven.

He's not broke (that we know of, he's in France's WC squad) , we're worried he might break again after Lyon have already repaired him.

He's not broke (that we know of, he's in France's WC squad) , we're worried he might break again after Lyon have already repaired him.

Difference in being match fit now and being fit for a 5 year deal.

Would you pay 50ml fee and 140k a week to a man with what could be a long standing knee issue

Agreed fee will be subject to medical

You're right, but if he is crocked enough for you to now want to change/lower the fee, he is crocked enough to not be bought in the first place.

You walk away

That way, you don't waste anyone's time, get a bad rep or leave players hanging

The worrying thing is there are obvious issues with the squad that needs to be addressed. And if its extremely difficult to do a deal whilst the world cup is on, that will leave us with two weeks to get deals done.

I think right now it’s ridiculous to be critical of the club over this. The medical has obviously uncovered a massive red flag.

If we don’t move on to someone else then I reserve the right to change this stance.

They reportedly had the interview with LFC TV done and there was a pic of Fekir in a LFC kit that was leaked. If this is true, to try to lower the fee after doing all that is bad faith, that's all I'm saying. Not signing him might turn out to be a good decision, but it could've been done in a better way. 

You're right, but if he is crocked enough for you to now want to change/lower the fee, he is crocked enough to not be bought in the first place.

You walk away

That way, you don't waste anyone's time, get a bad rep or leave players hanging

Would you take the word a a place selling you a second hand motor for 30k or would you get a mechanic to look at it.