You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Golf

Tyler Durden

My best mate is a golf fanatic and full-on Tiger fan boy. He’s already paid out on a bet we had in which I said the same. I wouldn’t bet against it now though. He’s improving all the time.

As much as he’s a cock to win a major now after all his injuries I couldn’t complain.

My best mate is a golf fanatic and full-on Tiger fan boy. He’s already paid out on a bet we had in which I said the same. I wouldn’t bet against it now though. He’s improving all the time.

I reckon he will do his back again before he wins another major and if not there are lots of players that are no longer intimidated by him. Played well this week though , can't deny that , but no fireworks on Sunday when he needed them which was always his trademark.

Rory did really well there. Loads of birdies, no dropped shots. Incredible distance with the driver when needed, good control with the irons, and a hot streak with the putter. There’s a good half dozen players, maybe more, who have the game to win The Masters. Rory is definitely one of them. It will boil down to who gets hot with the putter and Rory is coming into form at the right time.

Nice to see Tiger at the sharp end again.

As for De Chambeau, it’s all part of life’s rich tapestry. He’s a very good golfer, but also a very intelligent fella who is inquisitive enough to question lots of the underlying norms of the game. He’s top notch in physics, maths, painting, and just about anything he turns his hand to. Definitely an outlier as a sportsman, but I think we’re better as a species for this sort of thing.

I laughed when I saw his response to a reporter’s question about his back injury:

“Well it was the QL and that really got inflamed for me," DeChambeau said. "It was because my quadratus lumborum wasn’t working, my iliacus, longissimus thoracis, they were all kind of over working, if you want to get technical on that. But they weren’t working very well and I overworked them. Pretty much my lower right back was hurting and I rested it. How about that?"

• 5 months later...

Had a right laugh today. I’d forgotten what a cunt my ol fella is to play golf with.

Moans about fucking everything; women on the course, slow play, shit players, not being offered to play through, kids, mowing the course in the middle of the day, litter, rakes not in bunkers etc etc etc.

Neither of us played well but importantly I won and when having a beer after I almost fell off my chair when he said “I really loved that, wanna play again next week”?

You could have fooled me Dad, all you did was fucking bitch, whinge and moan for over 3 hours!

AE575330-6_B4_D-4_C59-_BE8_A-154_CB844_B

A8876013-5496-4_A21-8483-_F4_CB7_C29_A98

• Upvote 1