You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bitcoin and other Crypto...

Spy Bee

Am I reading it correctly by stating that all users are operators passing the nodes? Effectively meaning all users will receive a small payment of ODN?

That is will eventually be the case for masternode holders, supposedly users with 10k+ coins although yet to be confirmed. Currently though anyone who stakes their coins on the Obsidian platform gets on average 10% of their total holding within a year as a reward.

Recently found out Obsidian is a platform on which to develop products (such as the secure messenger) rather than a single product, which bodes well for future growth as it could be compared to the Ethereum blockchain, but with a focus on security / anonymity.

Stellar Lumens on the march today too! 10% in 24 hours.

I think we'll see the steam of Bitcoin find it's way to lower coins in the coming weeks and months. We've already seen Litecoin go and I think that will push to $500. Then we're seeing a charge from XRP and IOTA making good increases. 

Anybody having a go at the Raison ICO?

That is will eventually be the case for masternode holders, supposedly users with 10k+ coins although yet to be confirmed. Currently though anyone who stakes their coins on the Obsidian platform gets on average 10% of their total holding within a year as a reward.

Recently found out Obsidian is a platform on which to develop products (such as the secure messenger) rather than a single product, which bodes well for future growth as it could be compared to the Ethereum blockchain, but with a focus on security / anonymity.

Yeah saw that. Developer tools available

You can trade in IOTA on Plus 500 now. Fill your boots.

What are the spreads like on Plus500 and do they charge an Overnight fee for Cryptocurrency? You'd imagine they wouldn't given that the market doesn't close.

Edit: Actually the spreads are quite good.....

Edit2: But it looks to me like a short term trading platform. I think you get charged overnight fees.

What are the spreads like on Plus500 and do they charge an Overnight fee for Cryptocurrency? You'd imagine they wouldn't given that the market doesn't close.

Edit: Actually the spreads are quite good.....

Edit2: But it looks to me like a short term trading platform. I think you get charged overnight fees.

I'm not sure on overnight fees. I've used them as they are regulated plus you get a cracking leverage on what you buy. You can buy at anything up to 1:100 on some stocks and commodities. Obviously the higher the leverage the quicker you could lose your deposit. But the ability to put stop losses on and the only money at risk being the money in your wallet is a plus.

I'm not sure on overnight fees. I've used them as they are regulated plus you get a cracking leverage on what you buy. You can buy at anything up to 1:100 on some stocks and commodities. Obviously the higher the leverage the quicker you could lose your deposit. But the ability to put stop losses on and the only money at risk being the money in your wallet is a plus.

Are they guaranteed stop losses? Have you been charged any overnight fees?

Edit: It is a guaranteed stop on some commodities - wonder if that includes crypto?

Are they guaranteed stop losses? Have you been charged any overnight fees?

Yep, unfortunately the stop loss does work. Ripple had a dramatic fall yesterday at 8:40 in the evening and my trade got closed. I was 48% up just before it happened too so I can testify that it works.

Apparently there is a fee for maintaining an open position overnight. More here:

https://www.plus500.co.uk/FAQ/Trading/DoYouChargeAnyFees

• Upvote 1

Yesterday I could see iota on plus500 but today its gone?

It's back on but has dropped 22% today. I luckily closed my position earlier on. I think it's partly the end of a bull run and the fact that people from IOTA confirming there's no official partnership with Microsoft or anyone for that fact.