You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

5 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Literally says in that article (even if it is 13 years old)

“One of the messages that we don’t want to give is that people should be waiting for a same-sex transplant, because the rate of survival is clearly superior having a transplant to not having a transplant whether you get your transplant from the same sex or the opposite sex,” said Dr. Eric Weiss of Johns Hopkins, one of the researchers.

There are not enough donor hearts for every person who needs one and many people die while awaiting a transplant.

“I would hesitate to have patients think that somehow, because they get a transplant from the opposite sex, that it condemns them to death,” Weiss said in a telephone interview.

And from the paper I posted from 2021

We identified 69 319 individuals who had a first, single-organ heart transplant between January 1, 1988, and June 1, 2019. We excluded 72 for whom the status of the graft could not be determined (graft recorded as failed, but no record of death or retransplant), and 1 with unknown donor sex, leaving 69 246 (47 696 with a male donor; 21 550 with a female donor). Patients were followed for a median of 6.0 (interquartile range 2.0–11.5) y, with a total of 520 212 person-y of observation. 

When the donor was female, female recipients <25-y-old had higher graft failure rates than male recipients of the same age, though these estimates are uncertain. There were no clear differences by recipient sex among those ≥25 y. Hazards ratios (HRs) and adjusted HRs are shown with 95% confidence intervals (CIs). Final models were adjusted for recipient race, primary heart disease, donor age, donor race, donor:recipient weight ratio, medical condition at transplant, use of a ventricular assist device, and era of transplant.

In athletics, particularly the shorter distances, there is an advantage in being in Lane 1, in that you hear the gun before any of the other athletes.  The advantage is that much that it could separate 1st to 3rd. 

This was such an advantage that the rules were changed and each athlete now has a beep to start the race from behind them on there block. 

Yet, a 10% advantage is allowed for feelings.  

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

The British treatment of JK Rowling never fails to astonish me. She’s the most successful female author in human history but is being marginalised in our society and sent numerous death threats because she dares to voice an opinion about what it is to be a woman. It’s shameful that this is happening and the rest of Uk society is not even bothering to look up from their phones. One day she will be killed by one of these nutters. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

The British treatment of JK Rowling never fails to astonish me. She’s the most successful female author in human history but is being marginalised in our society and sent numerous death threats because she dares to voice an opinion about what it is to be a woman. It’s shameful that this is happening and the rest of Uk society is not even bothering to look up from their phones. One day she will be killed by one of these nutters. 

Yes, a left wing VAW survivor who has given away millions of her fortune is the very definition of a right wing bigot.  Or…

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Yes, a left wing VAW survivor who has given away millions of her fortune is the very definition of a right wing bigot.  Or…

I think that as a man, if you find yourself sending death threats to a female survivor of domestic abuse who has gone on and given millions of pounds to women’s refuges, you may need to think that maybe you’re not the good guy in this battle. 

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I think that as a man, if you find yourself sending death threats to a female survivor of domestic abuse who has gone on and given millions of pounds to women’s refuges, you may need to think that maybe you’re not the good guy in this battle. 

Yep.  Imagine pretending that offending rates are low so women shouldn’t be scared. 

Ah fuck I've given up reading all this shite. If you have a cock u r male I am not really interested in what you identify as. We are not assigned gender at birth ffs. Yes there are people who are born in the wrong body and I respect their choice to transform but simply just deciding you are a woman, not for me.

12 hours ago, Captain Willard said:

Anyone who sends anyone threats is a cunt. Unfortunately, Twitter is full of such cunts; just ask Diane Abbott.

15 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Anyone who sends anyone threats is a cunt. Unfortunately, Twitter is full of such cunts; just ask Diane Abbott.

But she had a drink on a train and got police numbers wrong. Hanging's too good for the bitch.

• Upvote 2

I'm gonna be honest, there's no justification for it obviously, but I can't say I'd lose too much sleep over death threats from the trans community in all honesty, as opposed to like America's pro gun lobby, a Colombian betting syndicate, of ninjas.

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I'm gonna be honest, there's no justification for it obviously, but I can't say I'd lose too much sleep over death threats from the trans community in all honest, as opposed to like America's pro gun lobby, a Colombian betting syndicate, of ninjas.

Then why do they keep ending up

in womens prisons? 

1 hour ago, Rico1304 said:

This is why female athletes don’t want to speak out.  I’m pretty sure it’s cancel culture but that doesn’t exist so can’t be.  

I remember Lynsey Sharp, another 800m runner funnily enough, came under fire when she criticised the intersex athletes after Rio. She would have got a bronze medal now, as all 3 medalists would not be able to compete in the event now, without changes to testosterone anyway. Hopefully similar sense prevails with trans athletes and nobody has to lose out on any medals.

I know some on here subscribe to the idea that its not a problem as trans athletes arent winning. I think this example highlights why thats nonsense. Lynsey Sharp lost out and even after the rules were changes, there was no bronze medal coming her way. Does it take another athlete to lose a medal before the issue is acknowledged.

This is more of a generic rant but it covers this topic as well so fuck it.  Far too many people these days are offended by everything, there's 'cancel culture' 'suing culture' & 'pc culture' that has completely ruined everything. Comedians will be out of jobs beacuase you can't offend anyone it seems even jokingly as someone will take offense.  Councils will stop building playgrounds for fear of getting sued if a kid falls off a swing & breaks their arm.  In the last few years LGBT has had about four fucking additions alone its ridiculous.  Wo the fuck is a + by the way? Sam Smith is a cunt with his non binary bullshit.  Your a bloke who likes fucking other blokes - your gay, quit with this other bullshit nonsense & get on with your life you over indulged twat.

too keep it on thread no way should any male trans sportsperson compete against in the women category.  Its biological unfair & just plain stupid

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

This is more of a generic rant but it covers this topic as well so fuck it.  Far too many people these days are offended by everything, there's 'cancel culture' 'suing culture' & 'pc culture' that has completely ruined everything. Comedians will be out of jobs beacuase you can't offend anyone it seems even jokingly as someone will take offense.  Councils will stop building playgrounds for fear of getting sued if a kid falls off a swing & breaks their arm.  In the last few years LGBT has had about four fucking additions alone its ridiculous.  Wo the fuck is a + by the way? Sam Smith is a cunt with his non binary bullshit.  Your a bloke who likes fucking other blokes - your gay, quit with this other bullshit nonsense & get on with your life you over indulged twat.

too keep it on thread no way should any male trans sportsperson compete against in the women category.  Its biological unfair & just plain stupid

It’s a hangover from what happens in America. Spoiled, unremarkable people see other people get praise when they overcome genuine challenges. What they then do is invent challenges and ‘overcome’ them in order to gain praise. 
I could be completely wrong about this and if statistics prove me wrong then I’ll absolutely hold my hands up but I’d wager there is a lot less of this utter tosh occurring in developing countries where people have in general got bigger fish to fry. It was always going to be America that has the monopoly on this type of issue because they seem to have the biggest proportion of vapid, ‘look at me’ wankers.

2 hours ago, George Costanza said:

There's a "Cancel Culture" thread, which would be the correct place to point out that that paragraph is like pounds of dogshit, horseshit and bullshit dropped into a blender with the top off.

2 hours ago, George Costanza said:

Can't let this slide.

It's you're gay, not your gay.

6 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

There's a "Cancel Culture" thread, which would be the correct place to point out that that paragraph is like pounds of dogshit, horseshit and bullshit dropped into a blender with the top off.

Nice to see you're still in thread.

Trans women v's women in combat sports, all ok with you? I know you don't give a fuck about those sports and I'm all sorts of stupid but try giving this one a go.

1 hour ago, A Red said:

Nice to see you're still in thread.

Trans women v's women in combat sports, all ok with you? I know you don't give a fuck about those sports and I'm all sorts of stupid but try giving this one a go.

It's OK to say "I don't have an opinion, because I don't have enough information." 

Of course, if I were determined to express an opinion, I could take hours and hours to do enough research and then trawl through ten pages of this thread where you're all discussing korfball, or whatever sport you and Rico have taken a sudden interest in, but I've really not got the time or inclination.

(PS - I'm not a fan of combat sports, generally. Watching people knock fuck out of each other as a form of entertainment is not really my thing.)