You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2017/18 edition.

Trumo

The refusal to sell an injured, mid-table centre back with a handful of international caps for £70m+ in order to wring a few months of shite, disinterested performances out of him has to rank as one of the worst transfer decisions of the summer. They could have totally revamped their squad with the money we were willing to give them for van Dijk and probably generated another £250m worth of future sales to us in the process.

He was superb against Arsenal.

Yes he was. 

There was more in play than just selling VVD for good money to us. The Board at Soton backed themselves into a corner moaning about tapping up and stated he wasn't for sale,  We refused to believe that and jog on. We all say players should rot in reserves from time to time when the agitate to leave, Making an example out of VVD may have been silly when looked objectively but in the face of complaints from fans about being a feeder club for LFC they made a stand this time, Its understandable really

Van Dijk wouldn't flop here. Him and Matip as a back 2 would be colossal. Thankfully I reckon we might get him for more like 50 million in January. He isnt that arsed about playing for Southampton and knows his stock is high enough for us to come back in for him. He has got better as the season has gone on since he came back and as has been said, was brilliant against Arsenal. Not seen last night but i'm not arsed. Hopefully City had scouts there and they left early calling him a useless bastard. I've said it befrore and i'll say it again. This squad we have now with Van Dijk and Keita added wins the league, the masters, the world series and the kentucky derby. 

Van Dijk wouldn't flop here. Him and Matip as a back 2 would be colossal. Thankfully I reckon we might get him for more like 50 million in January. He isnt that arsed about playing for Southampton and knows his stock is high enough for us to come back in for him. He has got better as the season has gone on since he came back and as has been said, was brilliant against Arsenal. Not seen last night but i'm not arsed. Hopefully City had scouts there and they left early calling him a useless bastard. I've said it befrore and i'll say it again. This squad we have now with Van Dijk and Keita added wins the league, the masters, the world series and the kentucky derby.

I can’t see how we win the league with just them two added!

We’re still miles away from City, how many do you think we’ll finish behind them? I’m guessing 20 points minimum, do you really think them two players only will give us a +20 points difference because I do highly rate both and can’t see them being that effective. We need at least a top keeper and an alternative striker who’ll score against “Park the bus” teams.

Wonder how Zaha would get on at a bigger club nows he's a bit older and learnt after his disastrous move to United?

Virtually unplayable on his day with pace and tricks.

He’s always been good, even at Utd. He fell foul of Moyes being a complete tit and didn’t give him a chance after he had a bad few games, then there was the rumours of him seeing his daughter.

Put it this way, had Ferguson stayed 1 more season to help blood him in he’d still be there now and be a much better player. He was his last ever signing I think. He rarely got it wrong with young talented players.

I think Zaha suits any team in the league because as you say when he’s on it he’s unstoppable he’s too quick, strong and skilful.

The fucks happened to Watford, maybe we were better off Everton getting Silva instead of The Fat One.

In midweek, Silva was saying they had about 10 players out injured. Be that as it may, considering they sign about 50 players every summer, I'm surprised they're so short of numbers. It's not like they're doing a Chelsea, buying and then loaning out about 2000 players.

They do lebd them out though

They are limited in squad size like everyone. Watford-Granada and Udinesse all owned by the same man and players and cash funnelled between the clubs. Last year Watford bought a player from Udinesse and then immediately loaned him to Grandada