Quantcast
Virgil Van Dijk - Page 69 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Paco

Virgil Van Dijk

Mammana has gone - get over it

Considering that he was only transferred yesterday, what is there to get over?

Zenit paid 14.3 for him, he's 21 and has a highlight film the equal of Van Dyk's. Yet we are dying to give Soton 60 mill for someone who, based on history, may pull the same shyte with us next year if Real come calling.

What's wrong with this picture, MacFly ...?

It's virgil or bust. Im pretty sure Klopp would have cast his gaze over just about all centre backs when discussing targets towards the end of last season.

Savic was shite at City and Mammana just went to Zenit. Would like to find out what Atletico demand for Gimenez though.

He may have been shite at City but he's not shite now. He was also 21 at City. He's now 26 and a very strong player for Atletico. For 20 mill he's worth a look I would think.

Considering that he was only transferred yesterday, what is there to get over?

The idea of him as an alternative to Van Dijk - which I thought your post was about.

I know fuck all about these things and kick off to the wife at paying £2.75 for a bottle of Coke at the cinema.

But. But who the fuck is this fella. I'm sure he is a good player but he is not 19 and a hot prospect. Spent a season injured Blah Blah Blah.

We we all crying into our beer a few years ago at spending apparent 'pennies' on Carroll.

Fuck this shit.

I got a executive level bollocking at a meeting when they announced record profits and suggested they buy 1/2 of Pogba.

Fuck him off and spend 100 million in Bootle, Kirby etc. You will get 2 or 3.

The idea of him as an alternative to Van Dijk - which I thought your post was about.

My post as about two possible substitutes to Dijk, there are others. My post was also about not being held to ransom by Southampton or paying out our arse when there are alternatives.

My apologies if I'm not as current with footie transfers as you.

I honestly don't see how this deal is going to happen.

Southampton just like RBL don't have to sell.

Maybe next time, we should focus on clubs that need to sell or players that have buy out clauses as we're fucking shite at negotiations.

Lovren as a fucking starter going into a new season is depressing as fuck.

I honestly don't see how this deal is going to happen.

Southampton just like RBL don't have to sell.

Maybe next time, we should focus on clubs that need to sell or players that have buy out clauses as we're fucking shite at negotiations.

Lovren as a fucking starter going into a new season is depressing as fuck.

Do the clubs that need to sell have better players or something?

Salah being a prime example. Roma had to sell because of FFP.

On that premise, roma would have sold any player, we were just interested in salah. And if you remember, it took ages to get that deal done so I dont see how going for players at teams that need to sell helps.

On that premise, roma would have sold any player, we were just interested in salah. And if you remember, it took ages to get that deal done so I dont see how going for players at teams that need to sell helps.

Salah was Roma's most valuable asset. They wanted and needed to sell, but at the right price.

The difference with RBL and Southampon is they don't need to or want to sell. That's the fucking problem.

Are you basing this in ghe whole 17 league games Mammana played in Europe.

Athletico are not going to sell players when they cannot buy them unless you pay well over the odds

Salah was Roma's most valuable asset. They wanted and needed to sell, but at the right price.

The difference with RBL and Southampon is they don't need to or want to sell. That's the fucking problem.

So you're going to build a transfer strategy based on which clubs need to sell players? OK, we got salah from a club that needed to sell. The transfer wasnt completed particularly quickly and in this example, we wanted the player.

Let's go and raid the championship because Im sure shitloads of clubs there need to sell players.

So you're going to build a transfer strategy based on which clubs need to sell players? OK, we got salah from a club that needed to sell. The transfer wasnt completed particularly quickly and in this example, we wanted the player.

Let's go and raid the championship because Im sure shitloads of clubs there need to sell players.

Now you're just being a complete dick.

Have Southampton ever indicated that they wanted to sell Van Dijk even when City and Chelsea were linked? Before it was known that he only wanted to sign for us?

I think you'll find that's a big fat no. They have never indicated that he was for sale.

Now you're just being a complete dick.

Have Southampton ever indicated that they wanted to sell Van Dijk even when City and Chelsea were linked? Before it was known that he only wanted to sign for us?

I think you'll find that's a big fat no. They have never indicated that he was for sale.

Im not the one proposing we only deal with clubs that needs to sell. We've already seen under your masterplan than the salah deal wasnt done quick with loads calling for the club to 'move on' to other targets.

I also dont know how you're going to identify clubs that 'need to sell' and whether they have any players of interest.

Loads of people complained about signing robertson, his club needed to sell. If anyone's being a complete dick, it isnt me. The transfer window is only halfway through and you're panicing like a hysterical fanny.

this has got tranfer deadline day written all over it jim white telling us van dijk is aboard a helicopter headed for merseyside

I'm hoping that dildo gets rammed right up his ring piece on air.

Besides, we've been advertising players who are for sale for ages: 

- Moreno (currently being reviewed) 

- Lovern 

- Klavo 

- Origi 

Nobody wants them bar West Ham and therefore it's a naff strategy to base a transfer strategy on clubs needing/wanting to sell. You'd end up with more of the above. 

Besides, we've been advertising players who are for sale for ages:

- Moreno (currently being reviewed)

- Lovern

- Klavo

- Origi

Nobody wants them bar West Ham and therefore it's a naff strategy to base a transfer strategy on clubs needing/wanting to sell. You'd end up with more of the above.

Where'd you get the idea that we've been trying to sell Lovren, Origi and Klavan?

• Upvote 1

Where'd you get the idea that we've been trying to sell Lovren, Origi and Klavan?

I met with Klopp after the game and asked him who was for sale this summer following the game with Bayern/Spanish West Brom. 

He said tell Jose Jones that these quims are on the market. Keep it on the down low. 

Then he hugged me, laughed and ruffled my hair. 

• Upvote 1