You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

If we're going the youth route, the first one I would look at is Mbappe at Monaco. He isn't strictly a winger, he also plays up top, but that kid is something special. Lemar and Silva are also quality but I think they are out of our reach.

As you said, Berardi and Bernardeschi are two good ones but I think we're far more likely to look in Germany. Mbappe is the dream for me, though.

He comes highly recommended by Hanson.

• Upvote 7

This link to Aubameyang...does anyone actually believe that this is anything other than bullshit?

If he leaves Dortmund (and it's not to Munich) he'd have the pick of the top teams in Europe, he could demand £200,000+ p/w and he would have people biting his agents arm off to agree to it, there's zero chance he will sign for Liverpool. 

• Upvote 1

This link to Aubameyang...does anyone actually believe that this is anything other than bullshit?

If he leaves Dortmund (and it's not to Munich) he'd have the pick of the top teams in Europe, he could demand £200,000+ p/w and he would have people biting his agents arm off to agree to it, there's zero chance he will sign for Liverpool. 

We can compete with anyone.

Yeah, I think it is bollocks too. But, some players clearly like playing for their previous manager and are prepared to work with them again.

One never knows whether Aubameyang thinks that way about Klopp.

Aubemayang unlikely, but here's how it may happen:

None of the elite teams come in for him, e.g. Real Madrid. He will still have plenty of other options. We still might not be the best proposition for him, but if we are competitive with the others who will be in for him, we might have a chance. We will need CL football, wages of £200k per week, and the lure of wanting to play for Klopp again.

The transfer fee would be very high and it's hard to know how much money we will have on that front. Will Sturridge go to China for £50M? Or will he break like china and go to West Ham for 50p? Are the owners really stingy, or has Klopp been keeping his powder dry while we save up a bit?

It all doesn't hinge on Aubemayang of course, but we do need a big summer.

I'm guessing those links for Aubemyang will dry up just before the summer and reappear just after the next window SLAMS SHUT! Maybe with some fascinating insight from J-PEA about us not being able to agree on a fee that would have had to smash records of something or us be willing to pay it but him having his heart set on Spain before buggering off to China in January.

Hows Lacazette doing this season?  

He ticks most boxes in our price range. 

Doing excellent again, think he's on a one goal per game striking rate. Wanted him signed last summer, and still think he would be much pretty much the perfect realistic striker target for us.

Would need FSG pull their finger out their arses though. Zero chance of lowballing someone like Jean-Michel Aulas.

Doing excellent again, think he's on a one goal per game striking rate. Wanted him signed last summer, and still think he would be much pretty much the perfect realistic striker target for us.

Would need FSG pull their finger out their arses though. Zero chance of lowballing someone like Jean-Michel Aulas.

Curious why Wenger hasnt taken a punt on him.

Stevie is probably trying to text him now but hasnt got any credit on his phone  

No idea. But I think he's aiming higher...

Ive no doubt he is aiming higher or wanting to join real. All Im saying is sometimes player re join former managers at a different club or what they want doesnt always pan out so look at alternatives.

And I still think the link to us is bollocks as I said.

Imagine if we had a Kanté type, box-to-box dynamo that can win possession and carry it 10-15 yards. We could go with an extra centre back or an extra forward instead of having to play two mediocre players like Can and Wijnaldum in midfield. No coincidence that both Chelsea and Leicester played two midfielders and were able to survive, giving them an advantage in other parts of the pitch.