You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

The LFC transfer window summed up over the past few days.

# Just hit the Arse side for AOC

Now on a mission try'na sign Mr VVD

Got Lemar at Monaco

He won't come fo' cheap

Tell the Barca cunts that Phil ain't leave #

Regulatooooorrrrs...mount up!

• Upvote 1

When Mane is out, lack of goals from wide doesn't worry you?

It's a valid criticism as far as last season is concerned.  With Salah in the ranks and the rumoured pursuit of Lemar it's less of a concern.  I think we're well set up to have a good season, and score A LOT of goals.  I can't see the Ox (sorry) having a negative impact on that.  

Maybe there's a reason for his poor goal return at Arsenal.  They like to walk the ball into the net and the centre forwards grab the lion's share of the goals.  With us, maybe he'll get better chances in front of goal with the chances spread among the team?

If he misses a string of guilt-edged chances and we score fewer goals overall when he's in the team then your concerns will be fully justified.  I guess we won't know for a while.  But if I were to guess, I think he's more likely to improve our forward play generally rather than make it worse. 

It's a valid criticism as far as last season is concerned. With Salah in the ranks and the rumoured pursuit of Lemar it's less of a concern. I think we're well set up to have a good season, and score A LOT of goals. I can't see the Ox (sorry) having a negative impact on that.

Maybe there's a reason for his poor goal return at Arsenal. They like to walk the ball into the net and the centre forwards grab the lion's share of the goals. With us, maybe he'll get better chances in front of goal with the chances spread among the team?

If he misses a string of guilt-edged chances and we score fewer goals overall when he's in the team then your concerns will be fully justified. I guess we won't know for a while. But if I were to guess, I think he's more likely to improve our forward play generally rather than make it worse.

I'm just going off the fact that after Mane left for the AFCON last season we scored 6 in the next 9 games. Salah is clearly a step in the right direction but I think we need better cover for those two than someone with AOC's goal scoring record.

If we get Lemar then i'm obviously less concerned about that as AOC would presumably be used more in CM.

I am surprised we haven't gone for a top striker as we have a team of forwards with no one clinical. Aubamaeyang seems perfect.

We won't be able to blitz everyone and sometimes you get a couple of chances.

I am still very excited about this window even after being very sceptical but I am just surprised that we are not going for an out and out goalscorer

I'm just going off the fact that after Mane left for the AFCON last season we scored 6 in the next 9 games. Salah is clearly a step in the right direction but I think we need better cover for those two than someone with AOC's goal scoring record.

If we get Lemar then i'm obviously less concerned about that as AOC would presumably be used more in CM.

I think we'll be alright whether or not we get Lemar.  Also the January AFCONs are a thing of the past, thank fuck. 

Mane's absence also coincided with a wider injury crisis in the squad, so I don't think his absence alone explains the dip in form (although it was obviously a factor).  

I think we'll be alright whether or not we get Lemar. Also the January AFCONs are a thing of the past, thank fuck.

Mane's absence also coincided with a wider injury crisis in the squad, so I don't think his absence alone explains the dip in form (although it was obviously a factor).

No AFCON, but European games. And we'll get injuries again too (we already have).

It's a valid criticism as far as last season is concerned.  With Salah in the ranks and the rumoured pursuit of Lemar it's less of a concern.  I think we're well set up to have a good season, and score A LOT of goals.  I can't see the Ox (sorry) having a negative impact on that.  

Maybe there's a reason for his poor goal return at Arsenal.  They like to walk the ball into the net and the centre forwards grab the lion's share of the goals.  With us, maybe he'll get better chances in front of goal with the chances spread among the team?

If he misses a string of guilt-edged chances and we score fewer goals overall when he's in the team then your concerns will be fully justified.  I guess we won't know for a while.  But if I were to guess, I think he's more likely to improve our forward play generally rather than make it worse.

Arsenal's set up is often different from ours as our centre forward sits so deep setting up the wider players.

• Upvote 1

Seriously though - whatever is happening at Arsenal does not look pretty.

The message is that they have no money for new signings, despite just bringing in 50m in sales. They've turned a profit this window and make the most out of ticket sales in Europe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How can arsenal have no fucking money? Im not having it. The stadium was paid off a few years ago and their chairman has been saying there's money for wenger to spend, he just hasnt spent it.

Just an observation but, what fucking idiot at FIFA decided to schedule weekend international fixtures at the same time as a virtual world wide transfer window closes?

Much be one of that blatter's fucking nonces.

It's pretty much the same every summer. There's always an international break for the qualifiers around the first week of September.

How can arsenal have no fucking money? Im not having it. The stadium was paid off a few years ago and their chairman has been saying there's money for wenger to spend, he just hasnt spent it.

I don't buy the 'no money' argument either. Every year, they gleefully announce how many hundreds of millions of pounds they have in the bank when they release their financial results. The guy who runs the Swiss Ramble website is an Arsenal fan and he raises that point all the time.