You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (H) - Tuesday, 31/1/2017 - Chelsea, Chelsea. We're gonna make it a blue day......for those cockney fucks!

Nelly-Szoboszlai

The problem is, even if we get a result, people will still be thinking about when the next fuck up is going to be. We do well against better teams, and then throw it all away against the shite sides. It's hard not to end up with the same brittle mindset as the players.

I don't trust this squad one bit, and barring a great run that puts a top four place beyond doubt, I'm struggling to look at this season as anything other than an elaborate troll, the culmination of which will be a decent run that makes fourth look doable, followed by another implosion in the final weeks.

Klopp thinks he can improve players, but he needs to find a decent - mentally strong - spine to the team first, and without that we'll continue to fall apart when the pressure mounts.

• Upvote 1

Even before a horrible January downturn, this game would have been viewed as touch and go. When we were flying they were still top, and their run of wins was relentless. 

Since that time they've stayed about the same and we've faded quite dramatically. Given the way January has gone this is a bit of a 'free' game. Nobody expects anything, but if we manage to get the win it would be typical of us, as we usually show up for the big games.

If we manage to win then first and foremost it strengthens our chances for top four. They will still be out of reach, and even if they stumble again, we are much more likely to continue to drop stupid points.

Whatever happens in this game, we have a light schedule in February and a chance to rest, regroup, and go on a run for the rest of the season. We're on a downer right now, which is understandable as January has been terrible, but we can still regroup and finish much higher than most predicted in the summer. There's a lot to play for. 

We'll play like we did against City and United. Keep it tight and try to nick one. I doubt we'll be throwing lots of players forward and I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea end up with more possession than we do. 

This won't be a beat-down either way. Klopp knows the season's over if we lose so we'll probably be set up conservatively. 

Klopp needs to pick his strongest starting line-up with as many players in their most effective positions as possible. For me, that means Mignolet in goal, a back four (injury permitting) of Clyne, Matip, Lovren and Milner. A midfield trio of Henderson, Wijnaldum and Lallana, and a front trio of Coutinho and one other either side of a central Firmino. That means the 'one other' is the only place up for grabs, but it needs to be someone who can drop back to help out the midfield in terms of numbers the way Coutinho does. Sturridge is not that man, and Klopp doesn't seem inclined to use Origi other than centrally.

What I don't want to see is a midfield trio of Henderson, Can and Wijnaldum with Lallana pushed forward because that midfield lacks the ability to do something different, and Lallana is less effective in a wide forward role.

Mane won't be back in time for this one I suspect, so we might have to wait to reintroduce him at the weekend instead.

For me then, it's really between Woodburn and Ojo for that remaining spot, and that doesn't half highlight our lack of strength in depth. Nothing against either of those two, but we ideally needed a more experienced player in there.

So yeah, that's what I'm thinking.

• Upvote 3

Karius

Clyne

Matip

who cares

Milner

Henderson

Wijnaldum

Lallana

Who cares/Mane to come in when he's recovered

Firmino

Coutino

That's a pretty good side.  Barr whatever clown plays alongside Matip and whoever is outwide whilst Mane recovers.   Question marks over Karius too but Mignolet is proven turd so no point going there.

Problem is there is absolutely nothing beyond that, not one single player to come off the bench or come into that side incase of suspension or injury.

I can't believe the thinking that says we will beat Chelsea and then get beat by Hull.

What makes people think we'll beat Chelsea? 

I don't think I've been less enthused by a Liverpool game for a long time.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

If they come at us we've got a chance. If they play the counter they'll publicly spitroast us. We can only play one system and Conte will know that so I'm preparing to get twatted.

Not really, we changed things for the City game and won. It will be difficult against Chelsea as they are by far the most consistent team in the league, but it is not impossible for us to get a result.