You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

welcoming the coach Saturday

kop77

This Saturday (10th September) will see the team return to Anfield for the first time this season following the construction of the new Main Stand.
Returning to Anfield for a new season is always a big occasion and a chance for the new signings to experience the famous Anfield atmosphere first-hand.
We’ve planned a team bus greeting, similar to ones we’ve done for finals which have always proved successful. Why? Well, why not? There’s no better time to boost the team’s spirit than the first home game, regardless of who we’re playing. We’ve had a rocky start in the first 3 games so we need to show our support.
A few people have been quick to criticise this, calling it “wool behaviour” and how it should be “saved for big games”. But what about supporting the team in the lead up to those big games? If we aren’t showing our love for the team in every single game how are we even going to get to those finals? I think every game should be treated like a cup final. Go out, give it everything for each and every game and you can win the league.
Remember that semi-final win against Villarreal? Remember what happened before that game? Fans lined the streets and made the sky red as they welcomed the team bus to Anfield.
‘We didn’t expect this result but we believed from the beginning. (..) The 12th player helped us today, our fans, the atmosphere was really amazing – even better than against Dortmund.’
Lovren after the game

And we all know how good that Dortmund game was! Even Klopp said he’d love that for the PL games!
Police approval of the event has been given and extra security will be put into place to make sure everyone is safe. After the greeting the bus, get into the stadium chanting and keep the atmosphere going until the final whistle. So the details you need to know:
Saturday 10th September
4pm (please get down earlier)
Bus arrival at the King Harry Pub

Huge well done to Roopa (with Anfield Talk) and Anfield Observer to achieve this. Lets hope this will be a memorable day.
SOS # 305
  • Upvote 6

Call me old fashioned but something like this i would put in the "Modern football is shit " thread.

Im all for more vocal backing inside Anfield on run of the mill matchdays, but hero worship of this current squad at this stage....... Not for me.

• Upvote 4

Call me old fashioned but something like this i would put in the "Modern football is shit " thread.

Im all for more vocal backing inside Anfield on run of the mill matchdays, but hero worship of this current squad at this stage....... Not for me.

I think it's more about trying to spook the oppo while also getting the singing going early and hopefully carrying it on into the ground.

Nothing to do with hero worship.

• Upvote 1

I think it's more about trying to spook the oppo while also getting the singing going early and hopefully carrying it on into the ground.

Nothing to do with hero worship.

Didn't it have the exact opposite effect against Chelsea when you were going for the title a few years back?

Wasn't Mourinho supposed to have said to his players on the coach  " do you want to be the clowns here today,in this circus "

Didn't it have the exact opposite effect against Chelsea when you were going for the title a few years back?

Wasn't Mourinho supposed to have said to his players on the coach  " do you want to be the clowns here today,in this circus "

Not sure if he meant the coach welcoming...more him being the horrible twat he is, that said that horribleness is part of what makes him the winner he is.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/managers/jose-mourinho/11170519/Jose-Mourinho-talks-to-Gary-Neville-They-wanted-us-to-be-the-clowns-at-Anfield-we-werent-having-that.html

Wasn't Mourinho supposed to have said to his players on the coach " do you want to be the clowns here today,in this circus "

Didn't work that time but city dortmund villareal it did. Hopefully it works again on Saturday.

The Red Arrows are on Merseyside this Saturday so something should've been sorted out to have them fly over as well as a RED celebration for the opening of the Main Stand too.

Saw them last week.

Enjoyed the show, albeit I do wonder why the state spends millions per year on an aviation version of 'Diversity'.