You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

welcoming the coach Saturday

kop77

Better players + better attitude= better results.

Fuckin millionaires kicking a ball around and cannot get motivated for it without some help. Fuck the lot of the cunts off if they cant be arsed. Everything done for them and they need somebody to encourage them to do better. Jesus wept. No wonder players from the likes of Iceland show some of these tarts up.

Do you reckon Iceland's performance in the euros would've been as impressive if all their fans decided to sit on their hands, not singing or generating an atmosphere, just grumbling, waiting to be entertained? Or maybe they felt like a million bucks because they had feverish, unwavering support from the majority of their fucking country.

If we can play a part in helping the team perform to a better standard then why the fuck wouldn't we? The fact that they're millionaires doesnt come into it, they're still humans, and as I'm sure you're well aware, the mental side of sport is absolutely the most important part of it. I want the players going out on to the field feeling invincible, like the Iceland team at the euros, playing without fear. Not shitting themselves knowing their first misplaced pass is gonna be met with 40,000 miserable fucks sucking the energy out of the stadium with their groans.

Ignoring or downplaying the influence of having full support from our fanbase and what it does to the confidence of the players is ridiculous. I can't believe the attitude you're taking, here.

Agree re the atmosphere in the ground. But clapping a bus arrival? Each to their own.

If the fans and players buzz off it, and it helps foster a better atmosphere in the ground, and it helps us perform even 1% better on the pitch then it's worth it. I'll clap all the fucking busses in the depot.

Instead of making a noise oitside the ground and then remaining silent inside why doesnt everyone not bother meeting the coach outside and make the noise inside.

Very embarrasing the contrived shit outside when the inside is like a library

True, means fuck all unless it translates into actual noise during the game.

Did you see the game? It was a raging success. Apart from Lucas who had a flashback of it in the 40th minute.

Nah I was in work so I missed it - obviously the game went well was just wondering how the atmosphere outside compared to the welcomes for the bigger games and did it seem to add to the atmosphere inside?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in the kop and the stewards were telling people to sit down when the game got going. I understand that people want to watch the game and some are too old to stand but it's not really fun sitting and singing. After the goals it was bouncing for about 10 mins then the stewards would start telling people to sit down again. Not sure the kop is going look bouncing from start to finish of games when people are being told to sit. But I suppose it's unfair to stand all the way through when some people want to chill and watch the game or arnt physically able to stand for those lengths of time.

• 3 months later...