You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cycling

Wow Champ, how far is that? Is it an all in one day thing?

It's a mix I reckon on the challenging yourself going with a group or not. It is far easier to ride in a (smallish) group than just by yourself, so in that sense it is harder by yourself. I am a bit of a lazy bugger though so if I go with others am much more likely to go further and/or up more hills.

137 miles. I feel ike a bit of a fraud now. You can do it in a day but we've booked to do it over 3 days, so pretty leisurely really

137 miles. I feel ike a bit of a fraud now. You can do it in a day but we've booked to do it over 3 days, so pretty leisurely really

It was a genuine question, sorry!

Anyway you shouldn’t feel like a fraud. If you were doing that in one I would probably call you a lunatic. Must be a bit hilly I would have thought?

• 3 weeks later...

First real bike ride in three and a half months after rupturing my achilles  - rode the 12km to school, which was my usual daily commute.

Everything seems so different.

Very rusty and totally out of shape, but it felt good to get back on the bike.

Now I have to ride home...up hill.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

I’ve not used my bike for a few years - start a new job a week Monday and I’ll be cycling 34 miles a day round trip, 5 days a week.

Not looking forward to it!

That's a lot of miles to dive into, on consecutive days. Have you done anything like that before? Good luck with it. I've been a lazy cunt and barely looked at the bike since the start of the cold snap last year.

That's a lot of miles to dive into, on consecutive days. Have you done anything like that before? Good luck with it. I've been a lazy cunt and barely looked at the bike since the start of the cold snap last year.

I’ve no choice to be honest.

Can’t afford to run a second car and it’s not accessible by public transport for the shift times I’ll be working.

It’ll normally be 3 or 4 consecutive days before a rest day but 3 times in 10 weeks it’ll be 5 consecutive days.

I’ve no choice to be honest.

Can’t afford to run a second car and it’s not accessible by public transport for the shift times I’ll be working.

It’ll normally be 3 or 4 consecutive days before a rest day but 3 times in 10 weeks it’ll be 5 consecutive days.

Is it really do-able?