You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Georginio Wijnaldum

Unrighteous

Our record when he hasn't started this season is P6, W5, D1, scored 20 and conceded 4.

That's just it.

Total myth that he makes us better. I'm almost certain he won't be a starter next season.

As for Allen, he was given 4 years and did practically fuck all until it was too late.

And I'm one of his fans!

• Upvote 1

Played great last night, goals will come I'm sure of it. Would like if he threw in the odd big tackle but clearly not his game.

What is his game? Everyone keeps saying he plays great but where does that show? Not in his goals or assists. Not in his heading or tackling.

Yes he covers ground and he keeps the ball moving, but without those attributes, he'd be a traffic cone!

He is 7th at the club in chances created and he's no ball-winner either. Henderson and Lallana have been far more important to our success than Wijnaldum this season. The way some are describing his technical ability, you'd think he was Modric. As of yet, he hasn't been an upgrade on Allen at all. 

• Upvote 3

What is his game? Everyone keeps saying he plays great but where does that show? Not in his goals or assists. Not in his heading or tackling.

Yes he covers ground and he keeps the ball moving, but without those attributes, he'd be a traffic cone!

Yeah his lack of end product in terms of goals has been quite disappointing considering he has a real track record for for finding the net. However, he's playing far deeper than I anticipated. The dominance we have in midfield is no fluke he's an important part of that, he works his bollix off and moves the ball well and quickly.

• Upvote 1

Yeah his lack of end product in terms of goals has been quite disappointing considering he has a real track record for for finding the net. However, he's playing far deeper than I anticipated. The dominance we have in midfield is no fluke he's an important part of that, he works his bollix off and moves the ball well and quickly.

I'll give him all that and I'd rather Can in the side. He's scoring and assisting from exactly the same position.

I think the consensus is he played well last night, not all the time. He plays a similar role to Lallana as our CM. He always makes himself available for a pass, gives it, makes a run for the next ball, and presses when we don't have the ball. He hasn't been creative enough unfortunately, especially considering he's a natural AM. However he's clearly an upgrade on Joe Allen.. Allen scored a grand total of 4 goals and 2 assists, in the 4 years he was with us. We're not even halfway through the season he's already equaled wee Joe's assist tally...

I still reckon we should've splashed that money on Dahoud, as even though he's not the finished article just yet, he looks more suited to play the 'controlling' role.

• Upvote 1

If you can't appreciate what wijnaldum adds to the side then you don't understand football. Sorry.

If you can't explain what he adds, perhaps you don't understand it yourself.

'Adding' suggests others can't, and that's patently not true. There was no drop off when he missed half a dozen games, apart from Can being a bit rusty when rushed back.

In fact, the stats show we do better without him.

• Upvote 1