You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transfers summer 2016

Flanagan to Burnley on loan now officially complete.

Offal

Liverpool can today confirm that Jon Flanagan has joined Burnley on a season-long loan deal.

The 23-year-old full-back, who signed a new long-term contract with the Reds in March, will spend the 2016-17 campaign at Turf Moor.

Academy graduate Flanagan returned to action in January after 20 months on the sidelines and made his 50th first-team appearance for Liverpool in the final Premier League game of last season at West Bromwich Albion.

He doesn't need to improve to be better than Moreno.

Flanno, isnt he the last scouser in the team? one of our own who shows what it means to play for us and he is sent on loan to some shitehouse nothings? fuck me,

A year out and comes back as one of the most passionate players, and then this? seriously, wtf is going on?

You might as well call us US/whogivesafuck FC, sick of this sort of shit.

Why not move us to salford and make it a joint venture.

LFC is going down hill, the sooner we get owners who know wtf football is the better.

What next Kenny sacked as ambassador , and then SG written out of our history? utter bollocks.

LFC History according to american owners, Nothing happened and nobody did anything until we bought you.

fucking shite. and you thought Ibe was sold because he didnt fit in? prolly one of our best along with Flanno.

Top 8 and no cups it is then.

• Upvote 2

Flanno, isnt he the last scouser in the team? one of our own who shows what it means to play for us and he is sent on loan to some shitehouse nothings? fuck me,

A year out and comes back as one of the most passionate players, and then this? seriously, wtf is going on?

LFC is going down hill, the sooner we get owners who know wtf football is the better.

What next Kenny sacked as ambassador , and then SG written out of our history? utter bollocks.

LFC History according to american owners, Nothing happened and nobody did anything until we bought you.

fucking shite. and you thought Ibe was sold because he didnt fit in? prolly one of our best along with Flanno.

incredulous.gif

• Upvote 2

Quality rant, but I don't think any of this is why Flanagan is being loaned out.

Fucking mental letting Flanno go out on loan,  Just senseless,

That useless cunt Moreno will be injured before long and we will be playing kids or the likes of Milner out of position.  Klopp is taking a massive gamble that could well define his season .

Are you really comparing Flanagan to Kenny and Gerrard?

He's a young player whose best days may already be behind him because of horrific luck with injuries. At least he'll get some games at Burnley. We're relatively okay in his position.

Plenty of better reasons to have a go at the owners than this, which is probably seen by Jurgen and the lad himself as the best way forward.

Flanagan to Burnley on loan now officially complete.

Offal

Liverpool can today confirm that Jon Flanagan has joined Burnley on a season-long loan deal.

The 23-year-old full-back, who signed a new long-term contract with the Reds in March, will spend the 2016-17 campaign at Turf Moor.

Academy graduate Flanagan returned to action in January after 20 months on the sidelines and made his 50th first-team appearance for Liverpool in the final Premier League game of last season at West Bromwich Albion.

Another one bites the dust.

Sacking a good young British manager and replacing him with a German should have been your first clue this lot don't give a fuck about history or tradition

Rodgers is not as good as I'd hoped he could be, during that one spectacular Suarez-driven season.  He's also not British.

And what the fuck does the nationality of the manager have to do with anything anyway?  Do you think we won European trophies under those Scouse managers Gerry Haulier and Ray Bentiss?

This.

In a deliberate attempt to destroy Liverpool's history, Henry and Werner personally arranged the loan of Flanno to Burnley.

• Upvote 3

Are you really comparing Flanagan to Kenny and Gerrard?

He's a young player whose best days may already be behind him because of horrific luck with injuries. At least he'll get some games at Burnley. We're relatively okay in his position.

Plenty of better reasons to have a go at the owners than this, which is probably seen by Jurgen and the lad himself as the best way forward.

I agree with everything you say until "we're relatively ok in his position". I regard him as much a left back and a right back. When you say relatively ok, relative to what? We have a truly shocking left back and no cover for him or the right back. I think this move will be great for flanno as if everyone stays fit he won't get a game at a point in his career he needs games. This doesn't alter the fucking mess we are in the full back positions.
  • Upvote 2

I agree with everything you say until "we're relatively ok in his position". I regard him as much a left back and a right back. When you say relatively ok, relative to what? We have a truly shocking left back and no cover for him or the right back. I think this move will be great for flanno as if everyone stays fit he won't get a game at a point in his career he needs games. This doesn't alter the fucking mess we are in the full back positions.

Haha. Fair enough. Even with only Moreno and Clyne, we're still in a much better position at right back, though.

Agree that we're woefully patchy in those positions. Selling Smith and not bringing a replacement in would/will be cretinous.

Galatasaray revealed they have given #LFC until Monday to make a decision over whether they are willing to sell Lucas.

The30Duke ‏@DukeLFC 16m16 minutes ago

“We have an agreement with #LFC over the transfer of Lucas, but they are having second thoughts because of a number of recent injuries,”

Jurgen Klopp says no guarantee Lazar Markovic will be Liverpool player by end of the transfer window #LFC

Anfield Road ‏@anfieldroad 2h2 hours ago

Liverpool transfer news and rumours: Reds to launch improved bid for Joao Mario? #LFC

Randall is a capable enough back-up, will never be a first team regular, but he's alright as a fill-in.

Dynamite who follows the youth team(s) reckons Trent Alexander-Arnold is a gem... So I think we should be okay on that side. Clyne played LB a couple of times and did well enough, so perhaps Randall at RB and Clyne at LB isn't too disastrous?