You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2016

dickie mint

I don't understand why people think Eubank K.O BJS in a rematch, BJS is a miles better boxer and schooled him for most the first fight.

BJS has/had stamina issues only way Eubank got back into that fight, what changes so much that Eubank K.O in a rematch?

I thought the quality work came from Eubank in that match but his tactics were terrible. Gave away far too many rounds. But the quicker and stronger boxer is Eubank and I would see a clear points win in a rematch, don't see a KO though.

I don't understand why people think Eubank K.O BJS in a rematch, BJS is a miles better boxer and schooled him for most the first fight.

BJS has/had stamina issues only way Eubank got back into that fight, what changes so much that Eubank K.O in a rematch?

He didn't school him, Eubank didn't start until midway through the fight and it could have gone either way. Eubank is greatly improved since then and I see no way that BJS can beat him.

Saunders has the far better footwork and Eubank jnr doesn't appear to have much of a jab, or the inclination to use one anyway, but it would be very interesting to see the first half of a fight between them where Eubank doesn't occasionally stomp around the ring like Godzilla, mostly standing still, posing and throwing the odd single shot.

He was so raw in that first fight, with an utterly flawed, confused approach which appeared to be made up as it went along. It's not like he was boxing to a clever plan and just couldn't hit the well-schooled and elusive backfoot boxer Saunders undoubtedly is. He seemingly didn't have one of any note, but despite that and giving six rounds up before he got going still only just lost on a split.

That should concern Saunders more than Eubank for a return in my opinion, though obviously in the same way Saunders will ensure his stamina is probably the best it's ever been to counter what happened down the home straight first time round.

I'd go Eubank jnr for the return. Won't be a surprise to see a controversial points decision one way or the other though, will it.

• Upvote 2

I've not given Saunders any credit for his skills above though of course!

That's why as per my first paragraph it will be interesting to see them fight again; presumably Eubank won't just pose in the same way early on, as if he does he'll very likely lose again.

Saunders no doubt will fight the same way, so we'll have our answer if he actually engages and can't get anywhere near him. If a return pans out the same way as their first there'll be no room for any excuses or him having been inexperienced.

I've not given Saunders any credit for his skills above though of course!

That's why as per my first paragraph it will be interesting to see them fight again; presumably Eubank won't just pose in the same way early on, as if he does he'll very likely lose again.

Saunders no doubt will fight the same way, so we'll have our answer if he actually engages and can't get anywhere near him. If a return pans out the same way as their first there'll be no room for any excuses or him having been inexperienced.

Sorry my reply wasn't to your reply, was the one above I should learn to quote.

• Upvote 1

The fact he didn't start until midway through the fight had nothing to do with BJS though of course! I remember people saying BJS had no chance before the first fight, i'd love the bookies to see it that way too.

Not many people said that, Saunders was a marginal favourite.

Canelo´s list of opponents, would stand the test against any other active fighter. He is a game son of a bitch.

However, I don´t think he wants to fight Golovkin, and I think he´s absolutely spot on. Machismo and $20m are not worth your health.

Canelo´s list of opponents, would stand the test against any other active fighter. He is a game son of a bitch.

However, I don´t think he wants to fight Golovkin, and I think he´s absolutely spot on. Machismo and $20m are not worth your health.

Golovkin needs to step up as there are no big fights at middleweight for him. Well none that will happen.

Agreed.

They offered Froch the fight anywhere from 168-172, but demanded that Ward meet them at 164. They also rejected fighting Lara at 160. You can´t go about talking about how everybody is scared of you then turn down difficult style matches, ´cause it makes you look like a fool.

If Khan beats Canelo, in 2 weeks, he´ll fight Golovkin at 160. Khan´s balls are massive.

Agreed.

They offered Froch the fight anywhere from 168-172, but demanded that Ward meet them at 164. They also rejected fighting Lara at 160. You can´t go about talking about how everybody is scared of you then turn down difficult style matches, ´cause it makes you look like a fool.

If Khan beats Canelo, in 2 weeks, he´ll fight Golovkin at 160. Khan´s balls are massive.

Even Billy Joe Saunders would be a decent test but I think BJS would sooner have a rematch with Eubank JNR.