You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2016

dickie mint

I think De Gale beats Froch if he come back. I think thats why he walked when he did. He wanted non of GGG or DeGale. Can't say i blame him he spent his career taking the hard fights and age was catching up with him.

DeGale is the best of the British middle/supermiddle weights imo. Dont much like him but he is a very good boxer

Fury wouldn't give Joshua a boxing lesson at all. Not saying he wouldn't win but Furys style fits Joshua perfectly, in my opinion. Haye is the trickier fight due to head movement and how he comes forward.

I wouldn't even say Fury taught Klitschko a lesson, he just barely through any punches! Not taking anything away from Fury.

Furys head movement against Klitschko was outstanding, if he performs like that again I don't see how Klitschko can beat him.Against Joshua I see him doing the same and Joshua's chin doesn't look that strong while Fury has a brick head.Maybe he didn't give Klitschko a boxing lesson but he outclassed him imo.

I agree with you that Haye would trouble Joshua more though and I think he's underrated, as I said I was impressed with his performance against Klitschko and I think he would have got a lot more credit if he hadn't gone in to the fight promising he would knock him out.Haye and Fury should both be pushing hard for that fight as whoever gets him first will beat him imo.

My mate used to go to the gym degale trained at, he comes across as cocky on tv but my mate said he was an alright guy who would talk to people at the gym.Ive never been that impressed when I've seen him fight though and Groves would do him again imo.

I reckon if joshua goes in against anyone half decent, he gets sparked. I'm talking Haye, Fury, Wilder level. After he beat that heavy bag with legs in his last fight, some people are talking like he's the fucking terminator.

When he beats someone of any note whatsoever, then I'll reach for the kleenex.

Wilder's Stiverne win was quite impressive, but I think he has many of the same question marks over him as Joshua. I think Fury v Joshua would be a really interesting fight.

Haye/Joshua is the one I really want though, but it won't happen. I actually think Haye would clean up the division.

I reckon if joshua goes in against anyone half decent, he gets sparked. I'm talking Haye, Fury, Wilder level. After he beat that heavy bag with legs in his last fight, some people are talking like he's the fucking terminator.

When he beats someone of any note whatsoever, then I'll reach for the kleenex.

'Heavy bag with legs.' Great description. The worrying thing is, that kind of opponent is what passes for a top level fighter in the division at present. I wouldn't be as sure as you, but it would be absolutely hilarious if he got sparked by Fury.

Furys head movement against Klitschko was outstanding, if he performs like that again I don't see how Klitschko can beat him.Against Joshua I see him doing the same and Joshua's chin doesn't look that strong while Fury has a brick head.Maybe he didn't give Klitschko a boxing lesson but he outclassed him imo.

I agree with you that Haye would trouble Joshua more though and I think he's underrated, as I said I was impressed with his performance against Klitschko and I think he would have got a lot more credit if he hadn't gone in to the fight promising he would knock him out.Haye and Fury should both be pushing hard for that fight as whoever gets him first will beat him imo.

My mate used to go to the gym degale trained at, he comes across as cocky on tv but my mate said he was an alright guy who would talk to people at the gym.Ive never been that impressed when I've seen him fight though and Groves would do him again imo.

My head movement would probably be alright against somebody throwing an average of 18 punches a round or whatever it was.

I'm not saying Fury's performance wasn't good. It was. He done what he had to do and done it well but I'm still not getting carried away with him. I do think that if Fury went in with somebody like Haye (the level he was at, not seen enough to say he is still his old self) or Joshua, it would be a much different fight.

I do think Joshua beats Fury. That's not me being byist in any way but I just see Joshua's come forward style too hard to deal with when you have an opponent like Fury. I bet if Fury put his hands behind his back like he did v Klitschko, Joshua would be all over him like a rash.

Talk that Ward v Kovalev is very very close to being signed.

Apart from Loma v Rigo (which is dead) this is the best match up in Boxing that can be made I reckon.

I don't know why there's so much talk around GGG v Ward when these two are more or less the same weight and Kov is the bigger, more dangerous man.

Wilder's Stiverne win was quite impressive, but I think he has many of the same question marks over him as Joshua. I think Fury v Joshua would be a really interesting fight.

Haye/Joshua is the one I really want though, but it won't happen. I actually think Haye would clean up the division.

I'm no fan of Wilder, he can hit though. If he tagged Joshua the same way Whyte did in second round of their fight, it would be goodnight.

I'm no fan of Wilder, he can hit though. If he tagged Joshua the same way Whyte did in second round of their fight, it would be goodnight.

Oh I agree, mate, they're similar in that they've both essentially just been knocking over trees.

If the fought each other ten times I'd expect five early knockouts apiece.

DeGale is obviously a good fighter but my problem with him is that he always seems to be doing just enough to win fights & he can be very scrappy & unorthodox ( and a bit boring ) at times.

He rarely does more than is required and can look lazy at times, it very nearly caught him out against Bute.

I hope Wlad demolishes him for the level of disrespect shown by Fury and the journalists towards him there. Fury looks in appalling condition. Imagine knowing your going to get a rematch with Wlad, in the biggest fight of your career and getting out of shape to that extent. What a prize plum.

• Upvote 1