You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Daniel Sturridge - 2020

Complete contrast to Moreno. He goes with best wishes. Just sad that his body wasn’t up to it in the last few seasons. Hell, I’m even glad that we didn’t run him over to collect the insurance money...

Injuries are horrible and as frustrating as it was for everyone else it must have been heartbreaking for him,

That’s actually a brilliant message from him and not a surprising one.  Nobody ever has a bad word to say about him and that message shows why.

• Upvote 1

Immense natural talent.

Body was broken years ago.

We’ve seen some incredible strikers robbed due to injury haven’t we.

Fowler, Owen, Torres, Sturridge.

If that ain’t the football gods inserting fist in ass then I don’t know what is.

Sadly his body broke  down a few years ago, lost his pace much because like Owen in his late career he did not trust his body to do sprints, he also added to much weight.

Wish him all the best, thanks for some wonderful moments.

Disappointed I didn't get a personal shout out from Studge in that message.

His brilliance in 2013/14 didn't get the attention it deserved because of the whole Suarez show, but his best days are long behind him. Was worth him returning for that goal against Chelsea alone.

There’s some absolute bollocks spouted about Sturridge in the latest TAW podcast. 

* He stayed here a long time, he didn’t have to stay here as long as he did. 

* He deserved to win the CL more than anyone else. 

* You can draw a parallel with Daniel Sturridge and the rise of Liverpool Football Club from where it was. 

* He sees off Gerrard and Carragher.

Guest Pistonbroke

I think his injury woes were just as much to do with physiological problems as well as his body breaking down. It's not an easy thing to cope with. I'm guessing it is magnified ten fold when you are a public figure and in the firing line so to speak. He should have left us a few seasons ago though and try to rebuild his career at a club which wasn't so much in the limelight. Whatever you think of the lad, that's a heartfelt message and I'm sure he loves the club and the time he spent here. 

He is or was, the most natural goal scorer at the club in his time here. We all think he had a mental blockage regarding injuries which was backed up by Klopp's comment that Dan needed to learn the difference between a niggle and real pain (or a similar quote).

How many more goals would the boy have got if he'd been fitter, longer?

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

He is or was, the most natural goal scorer at the club in his time here. We all think he had a mental blockage regarding injuries which was backed up by Klopp's comment that Dan needed to learn the difference between a niggle and real pain (or a similar quote).

How many more goals would the boy have got if he'd been fitter, longer?

He was exactly what we needed when we bought him, an arrogant number 9 who just wanted to score goals. 

At his peak he was excellent. 

But he’s been lazy and shit for years now and should have been fucked off ages ago. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Certainly a Marmite character and he deffo should have moved on a few years ago as he offered nothing to the squad as such, he basically wasted two years of his own career to boot. I'm sure he'd have gotten fit both mentally and physically at a none pressure club. I reckon he should go to Newcastle myself.