You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2016

aRdja

The question was whether there was anyone we could buy, i.e. at a price we can pay, that would make any difference in the league positions. Answer: No.

We've no chance for 4th and little for 5th. Huge investment now at inflated prices doesn't add up. There's just enough quality in the team overall for one or two players to make any difference. Not surprised and not arsed. Let who's left play for a shot at next season and sell the rest over the summer.

its a no win situation on 1 hand lots are pissed we havent spunked 50m this window on the other hand if we had 2 months down the road the same people would be bitching it was a waste of 50m ....

Personally i think we could have done with adding 2 or 3 now and then 5 or 6 in summer....makes it a bit easier doing it in two hits - now its an all or nothing summer with major surgery needed an international tournament inflating the market and fucking around with pre season.

• Upvote 2

Im getting fucking sick of the people running the club, not to nightcat levels but they are really annoying me with the amount of things the they constatly fuck up. Yes we've spent £300m and wasted it largely due to fuckwits being in charge of spending it. £185m of that is from the sale of 4 players. Every single thing they've done they have been clueless at apart from getting money from the fans and a few sponsors.

If we fuck up with Klopp being pissed about and he gets off we can kiss goodbye to ever competing again until these owners fuck off. Even then we'd still be lucky to get someone of his quality.

• Upvote 8

Im getting fucking sick of the people running the club, not to nightcat levels but they are really annoying me with the amount of things the they constatly fuck up. Yes we've spent £300m and wasted it largely due to fuckwits being in charge of spending it. £185m of that is from the sale of 4 players. Every single thing they've done they have been clueless at apart from getting money from the fans and a few sponsors.

If we fuck up with Klopp being pissed about and he gets off we can kiss goodbye to ever competing again until these owners fuck off. Even then we'd still be lucky to get someone of his quality.

Klopp's not a manager who works with silly transfer money so I dont think money would be an issue with him.

The question was whether there was anyone we could buy, i.e. at a price we can pay, that would make any difference in the league positions. Answer: No.

We've no chance for 4th and little for 5th. Huge investment now at inflated prices doesn't add up. There's just enough quality in the team overall for one or two players to make any difference. Not surprised and not arsed. Let who's left play for a shot at next season and sell the rest over the summer.

You don't think Doumbia on loan would be an improvement on the meekest shire horse in the world or playing midfielders up front?

It is a little bit funny though we fall for this every year. Ayre is probably sat at home stroking his birds hair whilst she sucks his dick and every fan is sat at home or work hoping we are super secretly working on boss deals. They are all in their mansions watching other clubs sign players on their 200 inch tv's.

• Upvote 1

You don't think Doumbia on loan would be an improvement on the meekest shire horse in the world or playing midfielders up front?

Oh, I do. But I'm not Klopp and maybe he didn't, or he did and the terms were wrong or any number of other reasons we never know. The club treats its business as if everything comes under the official secrets act so we're just left ot speculate about what went wrong or didn't happen.

I think Loic Remy would help but doubt Chelsea would loan or sell him to us.

Guest Pistonbroke

The amount of money within the game is perverse, especially with this new TV deal. It ensures that just being in the top flight means an easy profit for owners if they stinge in other areas and sell the better players at the first sniff of a good offer.

Eventually though we'll have nobody decent enough to sell (not far off that now) and with other clubs strengthening around and below us a relegation scrap which the majority of us would never have contemplated could easily become a reality. 

This summer will answer those questions. Fucking dreading it as I have no faith in the owners or the committee. 

Klopp's not a manager who works with silly transfer money so I dont think money would be an issue with him.

It's not so much the money issue I'm more worried about the club either being indecisive or suggesting alternatives to him that he probably won't want. I cannot see him saying to the board to get him a player and no one questions him on his judgement and then they get it done with the minimum of fuss.

But the fans will still be expected to pay top whack for tickets, memberships and to remain on the season ticket waiting list. They might make a decision on whether or not to do the Anfield road end by the end of the decade too.

The amount of money within the game is perverse, especially with this new TV deal. It ensures that just being in the top flight means an easy profit for owners if they stinge in other areas and sell the better players at the first sniff of a good offer.

Eventually though we'll have nobody decent enough to sell (not far off that now) and with other clubs strengthening around and below us a relegation scrap which the majority of us would never have contemplated could easily become a reality.

This summer will answer those questions. Fucking dreading it as I have no faith in the owners or the committee.

Yep, most mid table clubs can outspend top Italian teams and the majority of German clubs.

Given how it seems most of the business gets done at the 11th hour why don't they just reduce the actual transfer window to one day, I.e. today? That way we'd only have 1 day of disappointment to handle instead of reading about transatlantic flights and low-ball offers, etc, way in advance, before it all goes to mush as per.

Don't do it to yourself. We were never going to do any real business.