You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Another US Shooting

General Dryness

I can only see a couple of ways America can go and all of them involve conflict

Internally is is fucked and will either implode upon itself in some civil or race war or more likely will superficially unite to destroy some other poor society. I cannot see how it can continue as it is.

Think about arming teachers becoming mainstream thinking. It's gone its too late to bring back unless a true leader of formidable authority and stature can sort it out.

Charlton Heston is as dead as a dodo! Crazy business the arming teachers thing.

The kids are doing very well since the school shooting. They are protesting and getting a bit of traction. As Howie points out, the NRA is losing a few corporate sponsors.

I think the likely outcome will be background checks improved (though not fully satisfactorily) and bump stocks or equivalent banned. Maybe they will raise the age to 21 for assault rifles but there’s no way they are getting banned (a ban would reduce current gun deaths by only a percent or so anyway, but those guns do seem to get a lot of press as they are the weapon of choice for some of the bigger mass killing sprees).

All in all I expect that to be the extent of the ‘compromise’ though nothing much will change.

Ultimately it needs an amendment to the second amendment and Americans inside city limits to give up their guns, but there’s no way that is happening.

Trump's back to slagging off the security who stayed outside during the shooting.

He proclaimed that he would've ran in to the school to help even if he didn't have a gun.

Yeah. Sure. Until you got to some stairs and you had to wait for somebody to hold your tiny hand to guide you down them.

What an utter gobshite of a man.

Trump's back to slagging off the security who stayed outside during the shooting.

He proclaimed that he would've ran in to the school to help even if he didn't have a gun.

Yeah. Sure. Until you got to some stairs and you had to wait for somebody to hold your tiny hand to guide you down them.

What an utter gobshite of a man.

Surely the bone spurs that prevented him from serving in Vietnam would have hindered him?

Saw this posted and it reminded me of our G Richards who was considering what plans the local congregation would need to make after an earlier shooting.

"Two priests left the show in a tank shooting as they went"

Update on that. We now have a security team. 

One of them, a police officer, is armed. I don't like that part, but he would be anyway. I spoke against others being armed. 

It's all a bit ridiculous to me, but there you go. 

PS - most of the work of the security team has been good, solid, sensible stuff. Evacuation procedures, fire, dangerous weather, etc. We've also had a review of the whole building, especially children's areas, and synced up with local law enforcement to number various entrances and exits and so on. 

Update on that. We now have a security team.

One of them, a police officer, is armed. I don't like that part, but he would be anyway. I spoke against others being armed.

It's all a bit ridiculous to me, but there you go.

PS - most of the work of the security team has been good, solid, sensible stuff. Evacuation procedures, fire, dangerous weather, etc. We've also had a review of the whole building, especially children's areas, and synced up with local law enforcement to number various entrances and exits and so on.

You move to America and get your own private security team... it’s gone to your head. You’ll be marrying Kardashian next.

Looks like one teacher has jumped the gun...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/amp.fox5atlanta.com/news/police-dalton-high-school-teacher-in-custody-after-reports-of-shot-or-shots-fired

This within the last hour. Nobody hurt, thankfully.

DALTON, Ga. - Authorities have taken a teacher into custody after reports of someone opening fire inside a Dalton school.

• dave u changed the title to Another US Shooting