You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)

dennis tooth

He's average as fuck.  Constantly kicking the ball back to a West Brom player under no pressure as usual.  We really need two midfielders to replace these shithouses in midfield.  Rabiot and Jorginho or players of that ilk will do.  Ship Can, Gini and Henderson out.

• Upvote 1

Henderson has spent 99% of his Liverpool career passing the ball backwards or sidewards.  He does this under no pressure.  When under pressure he shits himself and lumps it.  A player like Mane in comparison hold the ball and draws a foul.

He panicks in tight spaces, that's why he hides. Same shit since we bought him, but people keep defending it. You can't have a deeplying midfielder who can't be calm on the ball. We've seen it time and time again with him. good presserr though, but that's about it.

Get your agenda going again eh.

If he steps up and shows some genuine composure, courage and leadership, the issue goes away.  At the moment, all he's doing is pointing and panicking.  VVD is running the show in that part of the pitch, and has to have a go at Henderson on more than one occasion to calm down and take a bit of ownership. 

If he steps up and shows some genuine composure, courage and leadership, the issue goes away.  At the moment, all he's doing is pointing and panicking.  VVD is running the show in that part of the pitch, and has to have a go at Henderson on more than one occasion to calm down and take a bit of ownership. 

I love it when you say stuff like pointing and panicking yet van Dijk misses that far post header for one of West Broms goals or stops playing against City in the first minute wanting a foul and you say nothing about taking ownership there. I especially love it when you keep going on about Henderson always passing the ball backwards while retaining possession. We used to have people like that on the standing Kop years ago moaning when Whelan or Lawrenson etc kept possession by playing it back. Meanwhile Milner Mane and the rest pass the ball back as often as Henderson and yet you keep banging on about him. Point is Jurgen wants him to do a job. If he finds a better player than Henderson he will replace him but I think you are going to be in for a massive disappointment myself.

I love it when you say stuff like pointing and panicking yet van Dijk misses that far post header for one of West Broms goals or stops playing against City in the first minute wanting a foul and you say nothing about taking ownership there. I especially love it when you keep going on about Henderson always passing the ball backwards while retaining possession. We used to have people like that on the standing Kop years ago moaning when Whelan or Lawrenson etc kept possession by playing it back. Meanwhile Milner Mane and the rest pass the ball back as often as Henderson and yet you keep banging on about him. Point is Jurgen wants him to do a job. If he finds a better player than Henderson he will replace him but I think you are going to be in for a massive disappointment myself.

That’s all a bit of nonsense, that.

The argument “he’s doing what Jurgen wants him to” is a fine, but I’m that case there’s no point sharing an opinion on this forum, is there.

The comparison with whelan and others passing the ball back is nonsense, too. The game was utterly different, including the backroads rule, compared with the modern game, and especially so compared to how we now play.

Henderson lacks courage and composure in my opinion, and while we miss his energy against good aides of he’s out, we don’t miss much else.

A page of clueless shite about Henderson.

Klopp demands he plays first time balls. It’s vital to how we play and Henderson is Klopps go-to player for that. It’s a nightmare job for a player because you’ll give away more than you’ll keep, but Henderson does it about as well as any.

And accusing him of hiding is just laughable. That doesn’t even deserve a response it’s so daft.

If Henderson is replaced with a new signing, it’ll be a hell of a player. Therefore I hope he is, as it’ll make us sensational. It’s not Kieta who’s replacing him as he’ll have a very different job to do.

Henderson is our modern day Ronnie Whelan. Loads of fans haven’t a clue what he does so think he’s not good enough. They are wrong.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That’s all a bit of nonsense, that.

The argument “he’s doing what Jurgen wants him to” is a fine, but I’m that case there’s no point sharing an opinion on this forum, is there.

The comparison with whelan and others passing the ball back is nonsense, too. The game was utterly different, including the backroads rule, compared with the modern game, and especially so compared to how we now play.

Henderson lacks courage and composure in my opinion, and while we miss his energy against good aides of he’s out, we don’t miss much else.

Except it is not nonsense and it is factual. Lets look at a couple of examples of how people see players different shall we.

van Dijk has bolstered the defence since he came in no question. Yet in the first minute against city he is wailing for a foul for the merest touch. He continues to ask the ref for the foul but theref is having none of it. He loses possession and City score. The OP did not go on about van Dijk panicking or showing leadership yet hold this up about Henderson. Look at Milner. He can give the ball away numerous times but people say what a great player he is. Henderson misplaces one pass and he is a shyster of the highest order.

This crap about the game being different is utter utter crap. You still retain possession because without it you aint scoring. It is so laughable people saying the game is different. The backpass rule is only that a keeper cannot pick the ball up. This shite about the back pass is united inspired crap saying they won 13 titles without the back  pass. Bollocks they did. They pass back all the time.

You don't get it.  All players make rickets, all players will pass the ball backwards to retain possession, or to shift the play.  Contrast the game Milner had with that of Henderson yesterday.  Milner tackles and wins the ball, he makes himself available for the ball all over the pitch, he asks for the ball, he covered every blade of grass.  He was often deeper than Henderson, but he was often at the other end of the pitch, imposing himself on the game and taking responsibility for making things happen.  He's bound to make a mistake here and there.  

Henderson takes no responsibility for anything.  Yes, he'll make the odd tackle, but too often he'll watch people as they saunter by him or around him.  He will hide behind opposition players, making himself unavailable for a pass, when he feels he might be under pressure.  He panics in possession when under pressure, and he'll often get rid of the ball to players who then are under more pressure than he was.  I am not bothered if he makes a safe backwards pass, I'm slightly irritated when people use stats to show how many passes he's completed because the context is completely ignored.  

I will find it perplexing and frankly unacceptable if the lad is still playing for Liverpool regularly next season.  

• Upvote 2

Klopp demands he plays first time balls. It’s vital to how we play and Henderson is Klopps go-to player for that. It’s a nightmare job for a player because you’ll give away more than you’ll keep, but Henderson does it about as well as any.

And accusing him of hiding is just laughable. That doesn’t even deserve a response it’s so daft.

If Henderson is replaced with a new signing, it’ll be a hell of a player. Therefore I hope he is, as it’ll make us sensational. It’s not Kieta who’s replacing him as he’ll have a very different job to do.

Henderson is our modern day Ronnie Whelan. Loads of fans haven’t a clue what he does so think he’s not good enough. They are wrong.

He is not our modern day Ronnie Whelan Johnny.  It's bizarre that you think they play anything like the same role, or for that matter have anything like the same attributes.  

• Upvote 1

Never go full MF.

You don't get it.  All players make rickets, all players will pass the ball backwards to retain possession, or to shift the play.  Contrast the game Milner had with that of Henderson yesterday.  Milner tackles and wins the ball, he makes himself available for the ball all over the pitch, he asks for the ball, he covered every blade of grass.  He was often deeper than Henderson, but he was often at the other end of the pitch, imposing himself on the game and taking responsibility for making things happen.  He's bound to make a mistake here and there.  

Henderson takes no responsibility for anything.  Yes, he'll make the odd tackle, but too often he'll watch people as they saunter by him or around him.  He will hide behind opposition players, making himself unavailable for a pass, when he feels he might be under pressure.  He panics in possession when under pressure, and he'll often get rid of the ball to players who then are under more pressure than he was.  I am not bothered if he makes a safe backwards pass, I'm slightly irritated when people use stats to show how many passes he's completed because the context is completely ignored.  

I will find it perplexing and frankly unacceptable if the lad is still playing for Liverpool regularly next season.  

Rickets. I stopped reading at that cockney slang thanks.

He is not our modern day Ronnie Whelan Johnny.  It's bizarre that you think they play anything like the same role, or for that matter have anything like the same attributes.

Modern day Ronnie Whelan in how fans see and rate him. Not how they play.

• Paul changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool
  • dave u changed the title to Jordan Henderson, MBE: World Club Cup, European Cup, European Super Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, League Cup & Charity Shield Winning Captain of Liverpool (and massive sellout)