You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Christian Benteke

WhiskeyJar

Watched that half benteke played against cyprus - he was terrible.

Worst thing was his lack of pressing... when cyprus were working the ball out from the back and he just showed no intent at all to even attempt to close or press, just allowing it to be worked out past him.

Out of all of our forward buys Benteke is obviously the one most under pressure,due to ridiculously large price tag,which of course LFC paid,despite few others even considered paying. Spurs dont count because they pretty much try to buy anybody thats even remotely available.

Maybe our super duper transfer team dont realise that bigger transfer fees can be detrimental to a side managed by a man with a phobia about playing football with more than one striker.

I tell you what Brendan,play somebody else alongside him and call him a false, 9 as this maybe closer to the truth than you can imagine.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why does anybody give a flying shite how Benteke or anybody else played for their international side?

He didn't run around and press enough in 30 degree heat for a team that isn't Liverpool? I might be going against the grain here, but I'm happy enough with that ahead of Saturday's game.  

• Upvote 2

He's been great so far barre one game against West Ham. If you take into account the fact that we went down to 10 men then played 5 at the back with 2 deep lying midfielders. He was on his own against an entire back four. He should bulldoze through Blind on Saturday.

• Upvote 4

Why does anybody give a flying shite how Benteke or anybody else played for their international side?

He didn't run around and press enough in 30 degree heat for a team that isn't Liverpool? I might be going against the grain here, but I'm happy enough with that ahead of Saturday's game.  

When you want to be proven right about a player been shit, you'll take any anything you can get to be able to say 'I told you so'

The Belgium manager has criticised him a few times though so it doesn't sound like they have a good relationship. Or maybe he just couldn't be arsed against Cyprus when he's coming back from a knock with a game against the Mancs at the weekend? Who knows and more importantly who cares? I'll judge him on his games for us, not on a match I didn't even watch.

• Upvote 2

He's been great so far barre one game against West Ham. If you take into account the fact that we went down to 10 men then played 5 at the back with 2 deep lying midfielders. He was on his own against an entire back four. He should bulldoze through Blind on Saturday.

Great?  He's won a few knock on and scored an offside goal against mighty Bournemouth.  Our whole play revolves around launching the ball at him now.

May as well have kept Carroll.