You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Unless you think people are sleeping on the streets for the sake of it or the poor walk for 2 miles from a benefit office for a package of beans and Weetabix because it's a freebie then it's carnage.

The sooner it boils over the better imo.

Don't fancy the carnage myself, would just prefer it if people didn't vote Tory.

I remember the Poll Tax riots well - i was a happy participant in a little one in Sheffield.

There wasn't much chaos and carnage but there was a groundswell of opinion that did for the Thatch

A hard Brexit will be a different kettle of fish altogether

People who wish for that kind of thing are idiots or sociopaths

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

My point is chaos can be beneficial, ie the poll tax riots. 

The last 30 years have been a mush of political bullshit 

The poll tax riots made the Tories ditch Thatcher and Major reverted to Council tax , we still voted in a Tory government at the next GE. It was hardly earth shattering in retrospect , if anything it enabled the Tories to replace Thatcher who would have arguably lost to Kinnock in 1992. 

Real chaos in my book would be more than just riots but power cuts , food. medicine and fuel shortages and an economy in free fall. That I promise you would be far worse than political bullshit and leave the door wide open for a far right leadership. 

• Upvote 1

I suppose you could call a million Brits last year as chaos but it's organised so maybe it dose not count.

Chaos in Greece, Italy and Catalonia iplus the massive youth unemployment across the eu is harder to simply brush off though. 

Thatcher used to call people like me "moaning minnies" but she was a psychopath who waged war on the poor and her dissenters.

23 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

You know, Nietzsche says "Out of chaos comes order."

Yes and? 

Are you suggesting that a facist philosopher should stop people rebelling against the powers that be? 

Seems a bit  'as you were, carry on as normal, nothing to see here Sir' going on.

I know im in a minority  (on here) but i dont degrade the the people who choose to shake  the tree.

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

I suppose you could call a million Brits last year as chaos but it's organised so maybe it dose not count.

Chaos in Greece, Italy and Catalonia iplus the massive youth unemployment across the eu is harder to simply brush off though. 

Thatcher used to call people like me "moaning minnies" but she was a psychopath who waged war on the poor and her dissenters.

I'm not going to argue the toss about Thatcher. Hated her but she has no relevance to

Brexit. As I recall she was not about getting Britain out but securing rebates and opt outs.

Anyway some of the cunts masquerading as politicians today make her seem like Mother Therasa 

54 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Yes and? 

Are you suggesting that a facist philosopher should stop people rebelling against the powers that be? 

Seems a bit  'as you were, carry on as normal, nothing to see here Sir' going on.

I know im in a minority  (on here) but i dont degrade the the people who choose to shake  the tree.

Fucking Nietzsche walking around, pointing a finger and telling people "I don't like your face" or "you, you have a beautiful face".

51 minutes ago, magicrat said:

I'm not going to argue the toss about Thatcher. Hated her but she has no relevance to

Brexit. As I recall she was not about getting Britain out but securing rebates and opt outs.

Anyway some of the cunts masquerading as politicians today make her seem like Mother Therasa 

The current EU is imo like a Thatcher wet dream.

See how the eu  responded to Greece as an example.

1 minute ago, Gnasher said:

The current EU is imo like a Thatcher wet dream.

See how the eu  responded to Greece as an example.

Dunno about that like. 

Our betters like to say that but free market neoliberaism is very much the darling of the Anglo Saxons. Arriva is owned by the German government. So the Tories seemingly have no problem with something being state run, they just don't want it to be our state.

The EU is fucked up in some ways, but the idea that they're the ones who've dragged us into Thatcherism is baffling. They're the ones who reined in its worst excesses, from working hours to being able to swim off the coast of Southport without swallowing an entire human turd.

DrHNwzKWwAA5GWp.jpeg

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Dunno about that like. 

Our betters like to say that but free market neoliberaism is very much the darling of the Anglo Saxons. Arriva is owned by the German government. So the Tories seemingly have no problem with something being state run, they just don't want it to be our state.

The EU is fucked up in some ways, but the idea that they're the ones who've dragged us into Thatcherism is baffling. They're the ones who reined in its worst excesses, from working hours to being able to swim off the coast of Southport without swallowing an entire human turd.

DrHNwzKWwAA5GWp.jpeg

You keep swallowing the bullshit, the reality is a neo con spunk fest.

http://www.nordiclabourjournal.org/nyheter/news-2017/article.2018-01-15.4801052502

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Fuck, have I been watching fake news? How do I woke? Where's the Horlicks?

Here you go, 1 in 5 eu youth unemployment. 

This from your European banker mates 

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ecb-policy-draghi/europes-youth-unemployment-poses-risk-to-democracy-draghi-idUSKCN1BX13D

Or you could just stifle debate and pretend the 1 in 5 have no valid voice.