You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers is our manager

If Rodgers had said to the owners he wanted to get a more experienced coach then Marsh I would have no problem with that, I don't think anyone will have said Marsh was the cause of the problems last season.

If I was to guess at what's happened fans have been moaning about a lack of experience all season and the owners will want to give the impression they are doing something after last season.

Seeing as Rodgers has been saying all season he is happy with his staff and doesn't need anyone brought in I'm baffled why people would assume he is behind the decision.

OK then devils advocate - if he told FSG he was happy with his coaches why the fuck would they bin Marsh off?

Are you seriously suggesting that he's gone into his review, told them everything is fine with the coaching team and then FSG have said 'I hear what you're saying Brendan but you know how it is - the fans demand a sacrifice' and then fired/not renewed the contract of his head coach from under him?

There isn't even a shred of credibility in that.  Also, what the fuck would anybody other than Brendan be doing deciding whether his coach is good enough - has Mike Gordon done his fucking UEFA badges now as well?

• Upvote 1

Right so three days after a meeting with Rodgers & Werner Mike Marsh is sacked.

Just fucking coincidence then.

No it's all a conspiracy against Mike marsh. That's the only reason Brendan promoted him, the duplicitous cunt, is to then strip him of his job and leave him a broken shell of a man. He planned this all along.

Am I getting it now?

Right so three days after a meeting with Rodgers & Werner Mike Marsh is sacked.

Just fucking coincidence then.

Why the Mike Marsh fanclub?

He got given a go, it didn't work out, try someone else out.

I was surprised Marsh was ever given a go, and I also think it's time for Pascoe to leave as well. Coincidence from the meeting with Werner? No, they obviously discussed it and Rodgers was man enough to forego 'this' fucking bollocks online about backstabbing, in order to get the right people around him and move the club forward.

Rodgers is front and centre when we lost to Stoke 6-1, whereas Marsh and Pascoe are in the shadows. I think that earns Rodgers the right to say and do what he likes when it comes to backroom staff.

So do people think he went into the interview, said 'it's all marsh's fault, blame him not me' and because of that the yanks sacked marsh? Because that's what it seems like. Surely not, though, because it would be an utterly ridiculous thing to believe

Your talking about a man that spent the entire season blaming in no particular order, the pitch, the champions league midweek games, the UEFA cup midweek games, the domestic cup replays, the lack of coaching time with the players, the fans sticking their heads over the wall at Melwood for revealing team sheets, the £16m striker he bought to replace Suarez, Sturridge's injury and even Simon Mignolet himself for our poor form. 

What makes you think he wouldn't throw someone under the bus?

• Upvote 8

No it's all a conspiracy against Mike marsh. That's the only reason Brendan promoted him, the duplicitous cunt, is to then strip him of his job and leave him a broken shell of a man. He planned this all along.

Am I getting it now?

What the fuck are you waffling on about?

Marsh has been made a scapegoat it's not hard to fucking fathom, whether Rodgers intended this when he promoted him only Rodgers would know.

But since no one's suggested that apart from you maybe you can enlighten us. If you're going to argue a point argue a point that has been made not one that the voices in your head have given you.

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers believes his side's slow start to the Premier League season is partly down to the club having to sign 'a lot of new players' as they look to compete on four fronts this season.

The Reds have lost two of their first four Premier League games so far this season, but Rodgers believes it's just a matter of time before his players click into gear.

He said: 'We've had to bring in a lot of new players this summer because of the Champions League. Naturally that takes a bit more time but I've been really pleased with the way everyone has settled in. We've got players adapting to different counties. 

Liverpool have released three of the club’s scouts as part of an overhaul of their scouting network. Alan Harper, Mel Johnson and Mike McGlynn have all parted company with the club.
Rodgers, who criticised the state of the pitch after his side's 2-2 draw with Arsenal, said: 'We will be getting a new pitch next summer to help the speed of our game.

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has admitted the club are finding it difficult to attract world-class players during the transfer window.

The Reds are on the lookout for quality signings this month with Rodgers’ side struggling to impress in the Premier League.

But despite having cash available to bring in world stars, the Liverpool chief says the club find it hard to attract them.

‘It is difficult of course because players will opt, for whatever reason, to go elsewhere.

‘Some prefer to go to Spain, some to London, but you just have to keep working and finding players who can make you the best you can.

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has admitted the club will find it “difficult” to attract top players this summer without Champions League football. He said: "Liverpool is a phenomenal club that players want to play for but, of course, players want to play at the top level of the game and if you are not in the Champions League it makes it difficult for you,” 

Followed by:

Liverpool will always be an attractive offer for players, whether we are in the Champions League or not. People think you cannot attract players if you are not in the Champions League, but Liverpool will always be a huge attraction,” 

“I am very much learning about the players who have come in,” he added. “It is clear we have not reached the speed in our game, the intensity of our game, over the course of the season, other than maybe one or two moments. That is something I am trying to find as the coach.

“Last year we had the players and I could work the tactics around that, but obviously this season it has been different with more games and less training time.”

Liverpool FC have parted company with first-team doctor Zaf Iqbal.

The ECHO understands his four-and-a-half year spell with the Anfield club came to an end on Wednesday.

Reds Academy doctor Andy Massey has taken on the additional duties on a temporary basis. The reasons for Dr Iqbal's exit are unclear.

• Upvote 2

Just to be clear I'm not suggesting some kind of X-Files conspiracy shite but frankly I'd be more concerned if the club were sacking supposedly key members of the coaching set-up without Brendan's knowledge and/or agreement.  I'd have thought everybody would to be honest.

As I said, if we don't think Brendan has anything to do with this, who exactly is deciding for him who he is and isn't allowed to have on his coaching staff?

• Upvote 1

OK then devils advocate - if he told FSG he was happy with his coaches why the fuck would they bin Marsh off?

Are you seriously suggesting that he's gone into his review, told them everything is fine with the coaching team and then FSG have said 'I hear what you're saying Brendan but you know how it is - the fans demand a sacrifice' and then fired/not renewed the contract of his head coach from under him?

There isn't even a shred of credibility in that. Also, what the fuck would anybody other than Brendan be doing deciding whether his coach is good enough - has Mike Gordon done his fucking UEFA badges now as well?

Good points, maybe your right as his contract was up and Rodgers may have felt he needed someone with more experience to come in, Marsh was here when BR arrived and is not part of BRs back room team he brought in.

Just to be clear I'm not suggesting some kind of X-Files conspiracy shite but frankly I'd be more concerned if the club were sacking supposedly key members of the coaching set-up without Brendan's knowledge and/or agreement. I'd have thought everybody would to be honest.

As I said, if we don't think Brendan has anything to do with this, who exactly is deciding for him who he is and isn't allowed to have on his coaching staff?

There's a difference between that and making marsh a 'scapegoat' by 'throwing him under the bus'

Just to be clear I'm not suggesting some kind of X-Files conspiracy shite but frankly I'd be more concerned if the club were sacking supposedly key members of the coaching set-up without Brendan's knowledge and/or agreement.  I'd have thought everybody would to be honest.

And why is he allowing them to do it if that's the case? He said he was in charge of all football decisions.

It will be interesting to hear what he has to say about Marsh being sacked.

Marsh was here when BR arrived and is not part of BRs back room team he brought in.

What else are we still recovering from, pre-BR?

What is holding him back from reaching his full potential?

Are we still trying to overcome the signing of Andy Carroll perhaps? Downing? Reina?

Colin Pascoe: Any more news, Brendan?

Brendan: Er, no, just: fourth season in the bag, you're all on board, details to follow and, um... and who left this coffee cup here?

Mike Marsh: Sorry, Brendan, I meant to clean it last night.

Brendan: Yeah, well, that's not good enough. You're sacked.

Mike Marsh: What?

Brendan: I will not have uncleansed coffee cups in Liverpool Football Club's training ground. The plague started from a mal-attended surface.

• Upvote 3

Colin Pascoe: Any more news, Brendan?

Brendan: Er, no, just: fourth season in the bag, you're all on board, details to follow and, um... and who left this coffee cup here?

Mike Marsh: Sorry, Brendan, I meant to clean it last night.

Brendan: Yeah, well, that's not good enough. You're sacked.

Mike Marsh: What?

Brendan: I will not have uncleansed coffee cups in Liverpool Football Club's training ground. The plague started from a mal-attended surface.

Do you think he took Mike Marsh to an owl sanctuary first?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1