You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Will you be happy when Everton go down.

Anny Road

I think it would be good for the city, and would allow Liverpool to maximise it's potential as the city's main football club. We'd no longer have them latching on to us, leeching off us, existing via assosiation, constantly begging for a shared stadium etc etc

Precisely, no one comes as a visitor to the city specifically to see them. They pride themselves on being a parochial local club who don't like outsiders.

On the day Everton played Chelsea at the Bridge, it was an early kick on a Sat, so started in the Ale early. Anyway, this bitter blue bellend ended up staying out all afternoon with us, friend of the family, only 20. Couldn't believe the shit he was spouting, saying he'd rather see us relegated than see his own team win the League, I told him he was speaking a load of shit & that his Dad wouldn't agree with him. His Dad had been to Chelsea that day & was on his way home, so I asked him to ring his Dad & ask him but not to tell him I was there. His Dads answer was that he'd lived to see Everton win the League but had never seen us relegated, so he'd rather see us relegated at his own teams expense of a League Championship! Words failed me. There is nothing I'd like more than to see them twats go down. I don't give a shi if I never see another Derby, it's a game we can never really win. Win & it's expected, lose & we get it rammed down our throats for ever. I still get the 3-0 game mentioned to me from my nephew! Fuck them.

I'll never forget when I was a kid and we were in the 2nd div., some evertonians were having a discussion and I tried to chip in and one said shut up lad were talking serious football here, not second division shit go away, iv'e never forgotten the way that hurt, so yeah hope they have a taste of it.

• Upvote 1

I speak to Blues about that City game & they totally deny the lack of effort/atmosphere & not really wanting to win it, saying the atmosphere & support of their team was what it always was. They're really irritated by Martin Tyler's commentary & insinuations that day that started this myth. Anyone watching it can see otherwise but they just won't have it.

Just looking at the odds for who will replace Martinez if they get rid, Ancelloti 12/1, Jurgen Klopp 12/1, Marcelo Bielsa 20/1, Roberto Mancini 25/1. Bet they're honoured to be on a list alongside such behemoths of the game like Alan Stubbs and Duncan Ferguson.

• Upvote 3

If they went down I don't think I'd ever stop laughing. Oh, I'd laugh and laugh and laugh then laugh some more.

But... I don't think they will. Sadly there are some terrible teams in the league.

However.... I think they're in freefall (league anyway - hopefully they stay in the UEFA as long as possible, string out those sunday games as long as possible). So I'm not totally discounting it from happening.

They would somehow use it as a badge of honour about what truly wonderful supporters they are. How they all love their club and are not glory hunters like we are. 

Still supporting them in the championship. The redshite wouldn't do that. 

I hate everything about them, the fact I could annoy them without even speaking would give me great pleasure. I would deliberately not mention the fact they went down, knowing it was eating them up inside. 

I will always remember the text messages I got off them, which they now deny, at half time during a certain game in Istanbul.