You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FA Cup 3rd Round: AFC Wimbledon v Liverpool - Mon 5th Jan 2015

Anubis

This is the leaked team on twitter apparently.

Mignolet – Emre Can, Škrtel, Sakho – Manquillo, Henderson, Lucas, Marković – Gerrard, Coutinho – Lambert.

Unless Mario is dead or gone,he physically more able to run than Ricky. I know he doesn't want to but I'd still have him up top alone. Lambert just cannot do the lone striker role. Can't can't can't.

This hacks me off enormously. They arent the same club. Simple as.

But what fucks me off even more is when the 88 final is described as the biggest cup final shock. wimbledon were an established first division side who finished 8th that season if I remember right.

I dont see how an all first division final can result in a big shock especially when one finished as champions and the other in the top half. Wigan's win against city isnt described as the biggest cup final shock, why (and wigan got relegated that season)?

By comparison, southampton and sunderland were both mediocre second division clubs when they beat first division manchester united and leeds respectively.

And West Ham (1980)

We were the best team in the land and red-hot favourites. Wimbledon had been a league side for just ten years. It was a horrible, horrible day, but hats off to them, it was their day. Upsets are what makes the FA Cup special.

No matter what team had beat us at Wembley that season it would've been a real upset. That's how good we were.

• Upvote 1

Lets not forget that 6 years later that bent cunt Seegers kept the Bitters in the PL

Yes, but it was that floppy-haired cunt Beasant in goal in the final.

Poor AFC Wimbledon. They've become a wax voodoo doll most of us want to shove football-shaped pins into.

What a load of bollocks. What happened to Wimbledon Football Club was an absolute disgrace and should never have been allowed to happen. Hats off to all those who made AFC Wimbledon possible.

Calm yourself, Tony. I don't think anyone would disagree with you on that. 

Just had it on BBC3 with their 50 greatest cup moments. Of course that had to be in the top 10. A few more years and Jones will be telling us he launched McMahon clean out the stadium. I hope we batter them , the 17 year old me still can't believe Beardsly was offside when he netted or that Aldridge had his penalty saved. Cunts!!!

Aside from that, whoever hired wibble lip Rio to read from an autocue, on the show, needs to find a new career. He was more wooden than the Redwood forest.

If I remember rightly Beardsley scored a perfectly good goal, was onside but the cunt of a ref didn't play the advantage and gave us a free kick which Barnesey put wide or over the bar?

They went down the other end, got the corner and scored.

You just knew as well when they gave the statistic about penalties at Wembley that Aldo would miss. I remember screaming at the tele that the cunt jumped before it was kicked and was on his six yard box when he saved it.

John Barnes in the Independent today saying all the crazy gang mind games were a pile of wank as most in that team had played in European Cup Finals, FA Cup Finals and won League titles. Said they do themselves a disservice by saying that was the reason why they beat us as they were ridiculously well organised and difficult to break down.

Vinny Jones and Fash the Bash are still talentless twats. I said that, not John Barnes.

Neil Jones retweeted

Liverpool FC @LFC 5m5 minutes ago

Confirmed #LFC line-up v @AFCWimbledon: Mignolet, Manquillo, Sakho, Skrtel, Can, Markovic, Lucas, Henderson, Gerrard, Coutinho, Lambert

Neil Jones retweeted

Melissa Reddy @1stLadyOfFooty 4m4 minutes ago

#LFC subs v #AFCWimbledon: Ward, Enrique, Toure, Moreno, Borini, Balotelli, Williams

Neil Jones retweeted

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC 5m5 minutes ago

Confirmed #LFC line-up v @AFCWimbledon: Mignolet, Manquillo, Sakho, Skrtel, Can, Markovic, Lucas, Henderson, Gerrard, Coutinho, Lambert

Neil Jones retweeted

Melissa Reddy ‏@1stLadyOfFooty 4m4 minutes ago

#LFC subs v #AFCWimbledon: Ward, Enrique, Toure, Moreno, Borini, Balotelli, Williams

Markovic as LB again?? Fucking.Stupid.