You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Meeting new people - some serious shit please...

Bob

Can't imagine you listening to that album to be honest Cath. All the songs are about smoking weed or being smashed off your face on E's.

Some are, not all, although I like some of them too. One of my real favourites, though, is Never went to Church. It makes me think of my Dad...and he's not dead

• Upvote 1

I think I broke TLW last night.

In the last two weeks I've broken my marriage, my work laptop hard disk drive failed yesterday afternoon and then TLW went down last night.

Midas

• 1 month later...

Never known pain and emptiness like this. Fucking exhausted.

Don't know why I'm updating as I don't really wanna get into a chat about it all but not sure who else to say this to, and I'm sick to death of just saying it to myself.

How is life ever supposed to be this shit and painful. Which cunt came up with this for a game.

Feel for you mate. Broke up with a girl I was convinced was the one last year and when I realised it was actually over it hit me so hard it was horrible. Thing started getting better then after about 7 months she got a new fella and it all hit me again.

I kept telling myself they'll never have what we had and while that may very well be the case I've come to realise I'll never move on if I'm forever looking back (how cliché). Still miss her and I wish we could be 'friends' in the sense that I could actually know what's going on in her life (except her love life obviously) but I found it too much, had to hide her on facebook and everything which is shite because she was my best friend and we shared everything and anything. 

I can't really offer any advice that you probably haven't heard already mate, but if you feel as down as you say it might be worth talking to a doc/getting some medicine. 

• Upvote 1

Feel for you, Bobby. I can only repeat the advice you don't want; accept that she's not good enough for you and shut the fucking door.

Make the best of it and do the shit you always wanted but weren't allowed. Build a scalectrix in the living room, see about renting a little thai for domstic duties (beware of buying, there's a lot of cut and shuts out there). It's a case of endure and survive for a while until the all new, much improved life arrives (and it will).

PS. If you need to talk to a real person and not a computer screen; ring the fucking Samaritans, the GF can only offer what it has (if your lucky they'll talk dirty for you).

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry things are feeling so bad just now, Bob. I know its not what you wanted but if she has made her mind up you have to make the best of it. Give yourself some time to mourn and then get out there and make the best new life you can for you and your daughter.

You seem like a good sort. I'm rooting for you.

• Upvote 1

Get into tinder and shag some milfs to build your confidence up

Feel for you, Bobby. I can only repeat the advice you don't want; accept that she's not good enough for you and shut the fucking door.

Make the best of it and do the shit you always wanted but weren't allowed. Build a scalectrix in the living room, see about renting a little thai for domstic duties (beware of buying, there's a lot of cut and shuts out there). It's a case of endure and survive for a while until the all new, much improved life arrives (and it will).

PS. If you need to talk to a real person and not a computer screen; ring the fucking Samaritans, the GF can only offer what it has (if your lucky they'll talk dirty for you).

Smewhere in the middle of these two posts is the answer Bob.

• Upvote 1

feels a bit different posting in this thread after the one on the MF last night. As a father of a young daughter that's given me a bit of a jolt - as selfish as that is.

but as said before, cheers for your words people, all power to you.

It's damn hard to deal with, and its my daughter and the thought of missing so much of her growing up and someone else coming into her life to see it that kills me. The tears are still flowing, not quite as often, but with more gusto when they do, and it always starts with thinking of her.

anyway, onwards and upwards, chin up, and all that bluster. Got to keep the veil up so noone sees that i'm hurting but me!