You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Meeting new people - some serious shit please...

Bob

Arrived late here, just read the thread for the first time. I know its easy to say with hindsight but it did seem obvious what was going to happen.

Either you havent told the whole story or she is some kind of bitch for dumping her husband and taking his daughter away because he works too hard and has become boring. All this in a matter of weeks.

If its true she will be won back by you losing weight, wearing new gear and having a serious straight faced no nonsense relationship with her which is all business. 

I would suggest that you have had a lucky escape from a roller coaster, but ultimately miserable, existence. Fuck her off, lose the weight  

and make sure you're a great dad. You win.

Just to be clear, I almost certainly haven't been entirely up front here, although I've done nowt wrong clearly she's not just decided to ruin our lives, she's felt a need to do this. Our relationship hasn't been good for ages, so im not gonna suggest she's being a botch. That's all really.

Just to be clear, I almost certainly haven't been entirely up front here, although I've done nowt wrong clearly she's not just decided to ruin our lives, she's felt a need to do this. Our relationship hasn't been good for ages, so im not gonna suggest she's being a botch. That's all really.

As long as the only person not to suffer out of this is your little girl then sometimes it can be best for both parties to split as things can get toxic very quickly, do you have unlimited access to your little girl? i can still remember my mum and dad splitting up from when i was 7, all sorts of screaming matches when they thought we weren't listening, but when it came to it the still parented off of the same page, neither of my parents said anything derogatory in front of us about the other and they were amicable in front of us.

I can't imagine how hard it must be for you to not have you kid living with you as i know it would ruin me.

Basically she's had enough of me having nothing about me other than work and football. I think as much as anything she is bored by me and I think getting some variety in my life and showing that I can go out and do stuff would benefit. Maybe I'm wrong but her attitude towards me at the moment makes being with her so difficult and its a endless cycle.

I'm ducked if I know to be honest, I'm in fucking bits.

I'm also not thinking of fucking off out every night and never seeing her, just something that's a bit of variety.

Doesn't help we've a nearly 2 year old daughter , no family around and not knowing anyone well enough to babysit, so us out together only happens when our parent come up here really, every now and then.

Sorry came late and just got caught up. Focus on your relationship with your daughter first and foremost.

Life's a botch and then you die.

Mr. L Fan nailed it there. Bob, might take a while for this to sink in, but you'll re-read your opening post and think, 'Fuck me what a cunt, better off without her!' - first thing I thought straight off the bat reading it, followed by, why fight to get someone back who is selfish in the extreme given your sacrifices, and doesn't care about you, in the literal sense. If she can imagine a life without you when you've a kid together, then she's not the right woman for you - stop pining and shag a new bird every week on internet dating. Worked for me (well, not every week!), now happily married to a beautiful soul who loves all of me, not just the shiny bits, with all her heart. Go find yours mate :-)

Erm...when the fuck did you start showing your mug around here again?

What year is it?  Who is the president?

Sorry to arrive late, Bob. Had I got I got here sooner I could have told you that it seems pretty clear to me that your missus has been shagging some other bloke, probably the dude from work who had the balls to dump his wife, so you were pretty much doomed even before your opening post. I could have saved you the slightly cringeworthy and rather wet whinings that I've just read. You're a man. You really should just bottle this stuff up you know. There is a lesson here for men everywhere. Once you start down the road of trying to please a woman, you're fucked. So don't try. It makes you look like a fanny, and it's extremely unlikely that you've found one that's worth the effort, and less likely still that your efforts will work. As Tom said already, they don't have a fucking clue what they want, and on the rare occasions that they do, it's always something they can't have. Keep in touch with your daughter and when she's a little older you can start gently manipulating her to hate her mother, which you will find both stimulating, and rewarding.

I've been in a similar situation to the one you're in, albeit it was me that dumped her, of course, so I got custody of the dignity.

Man up, and head out into town with Tom - he knows some stunning birds who will happily use you to get closer to him.

• Upvote 19