You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Meeting new people - some serious shit please...

Bob

Can somebody sum this up for me?

The Jews needed a homeland and the Americans offered up the state of Utah but sadly the Mormons kind of beat them to it, and since they already owned Manhattan but it was small the Brits decided to give them Palestine.

The Palestinians weren't interested in moving out. So a bunch of wars broke out. Then Bob got married but has hit a rough patch. The forumites who live in Leeds are going to take him out. There was also suggestions of card making, joining a gym and badminton.

TomR has sorted Champ's grocery list and next dinner out and he has made it think its all her doing.

Bob is very grateful for the advice and is going to drop a stone or two, pay more attention, bin off work and win the girl back.

Paul offered some very heartfelt advise and wise words that I imagine were typed as he wore slippers and took long puffs on a nice but not to expensive pipe because he is not the sort to flaunt wealth through his pipe.

It's going to come up trumps for Bob, but not so much for your average Gaza resident.

• Upvote 12

The Jews needed a homeland and the Americans offered up the state of Utah but sadly the Mormons kind of beat them to it, and since they already owned Manhattan but it was small the Brits decided to give them Palestine.

The Palestinians weren't interested in moving out. So a bunch of wars broke out. Then Bob got married but has hit a rough patch. The forumites who live in Leeds are going to take him out. There was also suggestions of card making, joining a gym and badminton.

TomR has sorted Champ's grocery list and next dinner out and he has made it think its all her doing. As if

Bob is very grateful for the advice and is going to drop a stone or two, pay more attention, bin off work and win the girl back.

Paul offered some very heartfelt advise and wise words that I imagine were typed as he wore slippers and took long puffs on a nice but not to expensive pipe because he is not the sort to flaunt wealth through his pipe.

It's going to come up trumps for Bob, but not so much for your average Gaza resident.

TomR has sorted Champ's grocery list and next dinner out and he has made it think its all her doing.

Perfect.

All about being genuine and laying yourself completely open where the right women are concerned, Bob.

Once you learn to fake that perfectly you'll have them foaming like a toddler on speed.

Sincere best of luck* in among the glib wanker stuff mate, you won't die wondering by the sounds of it, and that warrants respect.

* Not faked.

Bob, my brother. I've just seen you're in Leeds.

Come see me. We will drink and there's a good chance one of us will follow through.

But I promise you we will have a right laugh and we will both go home full of life and love.

Hell ,even bring your lovely Mrs and kid round to ours one Satdee or Sundee and just pretend you've known us for years. You kind of have anyway!

Do it.

• Upvote 9

Actually kind of amazed at how much good advice is flying around this thread. I just remembered Tom round house kicking someone in the face in a thread from 7 years ago and it made me laugh.

Confidence. Doesn't matter what you look like. If you're confident and funny, the battle is won. If you feel like you need to get in shape, check out "Couch potato to 5k." I recommend trails, pavement fucking hurts.

Love yourself, it helps you love other people. Just be awesome all the time. "Like" Andrew W.K. on facebook if you need frequent reminders how be awesome. 

Listening is kind of iffy. My wife NEVER says what's on her mind. It's like a fucking crime novel to get to the bottom of what she actually wants. But, if you start loving yourself, making yourself available to the family, and doing things to improve yourself, she's going to want to be a part of that. Be the resource (you're doing it w/ work, you just need to do it emotionally), be available (you don't have to have the answers, you just need to be there), and be awesome. People like awesome people.

As for the birthday, the most you can spend on anyone is time. 

• Upvote 1

Don't take her round Tom R's he's clearly the epitome of manliness. Take her over xerxes' or Tony Manero's and then she'll realise she's got it good with you.

Then ditch her and come to mine and we'll go out and slay some sluts to get your confidence up. Once she sees the new confident spunkmouse she'll be frothing at the gash.

• Upvote 2

Don't take her round Tom R's he's clearly the epitome of manliness. Take her over xerxes' or Tony Manero's and then she'll realise she's got it good with you.

Then ditch her and come to mine and we'll go out and slay some sluts to get your confidence up. Once she sees the new confident spunkmouse she'll be frothing at the gash.

Christ on a bike dude...

niccccce.....

Bob, my brother. I've just seen you're in Leeds.

Come see me. We will drink and there's a good chance one of us will follow through.

But I promise you we will have a right laugh and we will both go home full of life and love.

Hell ,even bring your lovely Mrs and kid round to ours one Satdee or Sundee and just pretend you've known us for years. You kind of have anyway!

Do it.

This is possibly the greatest thing. See you soon brother.

• Upvote 1

If you're going to Tom's, bring your sister, or your missus sister, or just some random bird.

Or a live animal he can grill. Preferably not a cat, they taste like chicken.

If Tom is willing to bum my sister, that is some serious dedication.

• Upvote 1

What did you think people did with it, Champ?

Nice to meet you, morgan.

Well, its just a bit, old fashioned, isnt it? A 1970s notion of 'continental' when its just full of refined sugar and milk powder. I see it on the shelves in supermarkets but never see anyone actually buying it

Nice to meet you, morgan.

Well, its just a bit, old fashioned, isnt it? A 1970s notion of 'continental' when its just full of refined sugar and milk powder. I see it on the shelves in supermarkets but never see anyone actually buying it

It is basically sweetened cardboard