You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Meeting new people - some serious shit please...

Bob

I'd be very surprised if this fella that's spilt up with his missus is just coincidence mate. If they aren't up to anything he will be telling her how amazing life if when you make the break which won't be helping your case either. Sorry to hear it's gone south, horrible hearing about families being torn apart.

I'm alive. For the benefit of clarity I still live with wife and child although I've been spending as many nights away from the house either at a mates or with work. Cohabit is probably the word. For the time being.

Cheers for asking.

By the way. Tom, if you're reading, I played footy tonight against a team of police and prison types, and the littler of the two lads that was out for the city game was on the opposition.

Anyway, he lost 8-0 so you might want to tell him about it.

• Upvote 3

Late to the party as always, hope things are getting easier, Bob? 

I've just caught up and read the whole of the thread, and not knowing the outcome i was going to quote the post which has a list of things you were planning on doing, all for the benefit of your wife and maybe one for you. My reply to that post was to sack the lot of it off and become a selfish bastard. Seriously. I couldn't believe how much effort you were willing to put in and i sat there thinking, hang on, what is she doing for you?

The thing is, after reading the rest of the thread, that advice i was going to put forward still stands, become selfish. Prioritise your needs. You really do only have your daughter to look out for, and so long as you do right by her, that's all that counts. You don't need to be in the same house to be a dad, you need to be there for her and do your best, because ultimately that's all you can do, your best. 

You do need to increase your social circle, boredom is awful. When my marriage ended i was a single mum of 4 with no friends and almost no extended family. I had to start from scratch (didn't help that I loathed the school gate mums) I took up camping, started going back to the footie, I went on singles nights, not to meet men, but to meet other people. It was hard initially, but once i found my feet I was busy most weekends. 

If you're still at the house but trying to stay out of each others way, forget what was said earlier in the thread, take up the gym or an activity class - i'd recommend kick boxing, i loved it. It also left me too tired to think when my head hit the pillow, so instead of laying there with a million and ten things going around my head I'd sleep. 

Wish you well, mate. 

• Upvote 7

I've just caught up and read the whole of the thread, and not knowing the outcome i was going to quote the post which has a list of things you were planning on doing, all for the benefit of your wife and maybe one for you. My reply to that post was to sack the lot of it off and become a selfish bastard. Seriously. I couldn't believe how much effort you were willing to put in and i sat there thinking, hang on, what is she doing for you?

The thing is, after reading the rest of the thread, that advice i was going to put forward still stands, become selfish. Prioritise your needs. You really do only have your daughter to look out for, and so long as you do right by her, that's all that counts. You don't need to be in the same house to be a dad, you need to be there for her and do your best, because ultimately that's all you can do, your best. 

You do need to increase your social circle, boredom is awful. When my marriage ended i was a single mum of 4 with no friends and almost no extended family. I had to start from scratch (didn't help that I loathed the school gate mums) I took up camping, started going back to the footie, I went on singles nights, not to meet men, but to meet other people. It was hard initially, but once i found my feet I was busy most weekends

If you're still at the house but trying to stay out of each others way, forget what was said earlier in the thread, take up the gym or an activity class - i'd recommend kick boxing, i loved it. It also left me too tired to think when my head hit the pillow, so instead of laying there with a million and ten things going around my head I'd sleep. 

Wish you well, mate. 

I bet you were 

• Upvote 1

You do need to increase your social circle, boredom is awful. When my marriage ended i was a single mum of 4 with no friends and almost no extended family. I had to start from scratch (didn't help that I loathed the school gate mums) I took up camping, started going back to the footie, I went on singles nights, not to meet men, but to meet other people. It was hard initially, but once i found my feet I was busy most weekends. 

Wish you well, mate. 

The irony of it all is if you do what Melons suggests here, I'll bet a crisp tenner that when you least expect it, your missus will eventually come crawling back to you, by which time you'll have a great life and will have realised that it wasn't you that made your life dull, it was you and her. At this point you will experience the unbridled satisfaction of telling her to cunt off.

• Upvote 6

The irony of it all is if you do what Melons suggests here, I'll bet a crisp tenner that when you least expect it, your missus will eventually come crawling back to you, by which time you'll have a great life and will have realised that it wasn't you that made your life dull, it was you and her. At this point you will experience the unbridled satisfaction of telling her to cunt off.

Hard to disagree with.

This defo. 

I remember being gutted when I split up with an ex i'd been with for 3 years, spent 2 months moping around all pissed off and drinking and stuff. I'd end up texting her really stupid messages which just pushed her away. This bird started giving me a bit of attention and really liked me despite me being a bit of a mess and used to cook me food, suck me off whenever I wanted etc. She was posh as fuck and good looking but in the back of my head I always wanted my ex despite having a girl who would literally do anything to make me happy. My ex got wind of this new bird and immediately asked me to get back with her. Needless to say I got straight back with her and we slipped back into our relationship almost immediately which meant completely deleting the other girl from my life. I just sent her a text then blocked her from facebook and changed my phone number (I had too change that anyway as i'd given it to loads of birds and my bird would just kick off over texts and shit) which was really brutal. 

Anyway after about 6 months and moving into a new place I realised that the girl I was with was in-fact a complete cunt and I didn't actually like her that much, I just missed the normality when we had first broken up and plus the fact it was her decision I didn't like it so I kicked her out and broke up with her. best thing I ever did and the satisfaction of her sending me texts and late night phone calls that I ignored was great. 

I'm recently back in touch with charlie as well the girl who was bang into me and she pretty much told me I broke her heart because (and I didn't know i'd done this) i'd drunkenly told her I was falling for her and she said she fell for me and we were actually a 'couple' but I hadn't even realised! 

The grass is always greener you just have to let it happen 

Sometimes people are just a shit combination. I spent three years with an amazing girl, she was loving, loaded and looked after people close to her like no one I've ever met before. During this time, we both became quite unhappy, I hated work and couldn't find a way out, she didn't go out much and we drank too much at home. When we split, I was gutted and convinced I would never meet someone as special as her again but the relationship just wasn't going anywhere and we were not happy. I still think that she is one of the best people I've ever known, but I also know that me and her are just a complete disaster for each other. Now with another amazing woman, but this time in a relationship that works

• Upvote 1

This defo. 

I remember being gutted when I split up with an ex i'd been with for 3 years, spent 2 months moping around all pissed off and drinking and stuff. I'd end up texting her really stupid messages which just pushed her away. This bird started giving me a bit of attention and really liked me despite me being a bit of a mess and used to cook me food, suck me off whenever I wanted etc. She was posh as fuck and good looking but in the back of my head I always wanted my ex despite having a girl who would literally do anything to make me happy. My ex got wind of this new bird and immediately asked me to get back with her. Needless to say I got straight back with her and we slipped back into our relationship almost immediately which meant completely deleting the other girl from my life. I just sent her a text then blocked her from facebook and changed my phone number (I had too change that anyway as i'd given it to loads of birds and my bird would just kick off over texts and shit) which was really brutal. 

Anyway after about 6 months and moving into a new place I realised that the girl I was with was in-fact a complete cunt and I didn't actually like her that much, I just missed the normality when we had first broken up and plus the fact it was her decision I didn't like it so I kicked her out and broke up with her. best thing I ever did and the satisfaction of her sending me texts and late night phone calls that I ignored was great. 

I'm recently back in touch with charlie as well the girl who was bang into me and she pretty much told me I broke her heart because (and I didn't know i'd done this) i'd drunkenly told her I was falling for her and she said she fell for me and we were actually a 'couple' but I hadn't even realised! 

The grass is always greener you just have to let it happen

Simon Bates, Our Tune.

• Upvote 5