You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Divock Origi

WhiskeyJar

7 hours ago, Alan Sex said:

Love me some big Div. 

Then again, he was shit hot right before his last contract ran out and earned himself a new one - rode that out, and right at the end - shit hot. 

Love ya for the memories Div, but time to move on. 

His contract is up in 2024

I appreciate Divock, he’s quick and a very good finisher but I have a couple of issues with him; 1) He’s not the most reliable as he gets injured quite often 2) His all-round play isn’t fantastic 3) He’s not really a presence in the box despite his size, he gets regularly beaten in the air by defenders smaller than him

7 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I appreciate Divock, he’s quick and a very good finisher but I have a couple of issues with him; 1) He’s not the most reliable as he gets injured quite often 2) His all-round play isn’t fantastic 3) He’s not really a presence in the box despite his size, he gets regularly beaten in the air by defenders smaller than him

That and spending 89% of his time on the pitch looking like he has never met any of his team mates before makes it hard to get fully onboard.

Still. Leg.

Has there ever been a more enigmatic player for Liverpool? 

In this age of social media and agents shilling their clients to sponsors, it's actually quite extraordinary just how much of a private life he has managed to retain, and seemingly has no interest in being a celebrity, or even flirting with a little bit of publicity.  

He's enchanting.  

Scoring 3 international goals for Belgium in 2014, and here we are in 2021 where he's still getting minutes in their team as a striker and yet he's not scored an international goal in 7, going on 8 years.  That's voodoo right there. 

It's mad to think that Origi put a hat-trick past a 2015 Southampton team that included Van Dijk and Mane.  Even madder to think he was 20 at the time. He's still around 4 years younger than either of them. What? 

I think he's hit around 7 winning goals for the club in total, though obviously other high profile goals especially against Dortmund, Barca, and Spurs.  And he's scored 4 or 5 v the bloos, including one iconic winner.  

I'm actually besotted with him now. 

• Upvote 2

On 24/12/2021 at 19:14, Colonel Bumcunt said:

It's mad to think that Origi put a hat-trick past a 2015 Southampton team that included Van Dijk and Mane.  Even madder to think he was 20 at the time. He's still around 4 years younger than either of them. What? 

Even crazier is, in another 5 years he will still be around 4 years younger than them. What?!

• Upvote 2

He's scored a goal every 19 minutes in the Premier League this season. Compare that to Joelinton who has a goal every 1120 minutes, Harry Kane who has a goal every 594 minutes or Chelsea's Werner who has a goal every 545 minutes. Even Mo can't get near that. He's on a goal every 106 minutes.

His goal per minutes played ratio is always world-class. Even in all comps, Origi scores a goal every 78 minutes. 5 goals and 2 assists this season, with hardly any game time. Clutch player.