You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lazar Marković

WhiskeyJar

Really dont understand what people saw from him today. I thought he was his usual ineffective self. Gave it away loads, ran down lots of blind alleys and generally looked pretty clueless.

Because you've already given your verdict that he's shit and any deviation would be perceived as a weakness so you're destined to forever cling to the mantra that he's shit to save face....?

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Really dont understand what people saw from him today. I thought he was his usual ineffective self. Gave it away loads, ran down lots of blind alleys and generally looked pretty clueless.

I think the complete opposite. He looked far from clueless, everything he attempted showed intent, more often than not his passes always found their target, he got up and down the pitch really well and looked a real threat, first half especially.

He was far from ineffective, actually quite confused about how someone could come away with that opinion to be honest.

• Upvote 3

He isn't a fine player and never will be. I am not having a pop at any posters on here with this retort. I don't think he will ever bee good enough for a Prem top four team.

I'd love for someone to throw this quote back in my face in a few years but it's not going to happen.

His main weakness is that unless he does something incredibly basic (like laying it off sideways or backwards) then he concedes possession. He can't beat players - unless it is simply a chase.

He isn't a fine player and never will be. I am not having a pop at any posters on here with this retort. I don't think he will ever bee good enough for a Prem top four team.

I'd love for someone to throw this quote back in my face in a few years but it's not going to happen.

His main weakness is that unless he does something incredibly basic (like laying it off sideways or backwards) then he concedes possession. He can't beat players - unless it is simply a chase.

This is all bullshit. His pass to Balotelli from which Balotelli should have scored last week was sublime. He played a gorgeous little pass to Sterling yesterday. He created the opportunity for Sterling's goal against Bournemouth. He scored a goal too you might recall.

he's made vast improvements. Clearly he';s not the finished article, but I see huge potential.

• Upvote 2

Fantastic performance, in my opinion.

20 year old kid, attacker, asked to play left wing back in a different league, against Arsenal, with a shit defence and no striker...sorry but that's fucking impressive.

You felt the crowd lift everytime he got it, and he can play a pass. Sky's the limit for him. Would love to see him and Sterling playing behind Sturridge.

• Upvote 1