You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shifting the Chelsea game

elvis

I'd be gutted if this gets shifted to the Saturday , flying home from Spain Saturday teatime so no chance of catching the match if so .

From the Independent :

The crucial Premier League encounter between title rivals Liverpool and Chelsea could be switched following the latter's progress to the semi-finals of the Champions League.

With the pair vying for the title alongside Manchester City, the meeting at Anfield is likely to be among the most pivotal in determining where the league trophy ends up.

Yet after Chelsea's win over PSG meant they will be taking part in the last four of the Champions League, the game could be moved to help Jose Mourinho's side.

Read more: Liverpool: Five remaining fixtures - can they stay at the top?

Chelsea are due to play Sunderland at home on Sunday 20 April before the first leg of their Champions League semi-final and Liverpool away on the following Sunday, before the second leg.

The first and second legs of the semi-finals will be played on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. The Premier League will not make Chelsea play on a Sunday and then a Tuesday, so depending on how the draw works out, either the fixture against Sunderland or meeting with Liverpool will be moved to the Saturday.

Haven't we got to agree to a change of date?  There's plenty of examples of teams playing twice in three days, especially when TV is involved.

Fuck them, I hope we insist on the Sunday.  Fans will have already made travel arrangements and it will stick in my throat if we do anything to assist that monstrosity of a club.

• Upvote 1

The FA wouldn't budge for them for an ITV FA Cup game, don't see why this should be any different.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-bitterly-disappointed-after-fa-814332

Well, this is a PL game, so it's a PL thing not an FA thing.

They may not shift it - I have no idea what their policy is - and it'd be fucking funny to see Mourinho's reaction if they didn't. Nevermind the obvious benefit for us if it falls that way.

So if the tues leg is after ours they'll move ours to a sat? Great, that means they play weds before us. Ideal. They effectively lose two days prep for our game.

So what time will they play it , there are already 2 live games booked - dinner time and tea time kick offs ?

They might move it to the midweek before the Newcastle game , City already playing then

Fuck them, they made us play them 2 days after we played City a couple of years ago. 

Wouldnt piss on them if they were allergic to piss.

Not to mention we had to play them on Sunday after City at Xmas this year. So yeah, tell them to take a running

Fuck them, they made us play them 2 days after we played City a couple of years ago. 

Wouldnt piss on them if they were allergic to piss. 

I'm sure the club will agree. Pointless acting like cunts when it doesn't matter too much to us.

We could well be in this position next season ourselves.

• Upvote 1

I'm sure the club will agree. Pointless acting like cunts when it doesn't matter too much to us.

We could well be in this position next season ourselves.

My arse, if Shitcoat had the chance to make us play Sunday and Tuesday he fuckin' would the cunt

This could happen.

Chelsea plays Tuesday just 2 days after our match. They ask PL to move it to Saturday but PL says no. At that time the title race is between us and City with Chelsea on a secured 3rd.

I can see Morinho fielding a complete B-side at Anfield just to make a statement. Suits me fine.

+

Sky aren't going to accommodate the Champions League as they feel they've been stiffed over the rights.  Hopefully it works fully in our favour and Chelsea play a slightly (completely knowing Mourinho) weakened team - not that it matters, as we'll smash any fucking side at Anfield.

This could happen.

Chelsea plays Tuesday just 2 days after our match. They ask PL to move it to Saturday but PL says no. At that time the title race is between us and City with Chelsea on a secured 3rd.

I can see Morinho fielding a complete B-side at Anfield just to make a statement. Suits me fine.

+

He'll hysterically threaten to do it, say he's really going to do it, then insist after the game that he did it. The team will be no different to a normal Chelsea big game lineup, but his bitches in the English press will lack the stones to point that out.