You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Crystal Palace vs Liverpool (May 3 2014)

WhiskeyJar

Why the fuck did Johnson pirouette the opposite way the prick on the 2nd goal

should have brought him down byt committing so many forward was crazy too.

we ve rode our look a dozen times this season and it ran out tonight.

Where was Peters tonight? He's either let us down or O'Sullivan because he's just crumbled and lost aswell.Gutted.

Said this after the Chelsea game mate, everyone raves about how he gets people to deal with pressure, well in squeaky bum time our players don't seem to have dealt with it.

Lets see how he fares with England, Im not expecting much improvement.

Edited by JermainePennant

When a young guy like sterling has to come off cos he was fucked tired,then it's not hard to realise how fucked the rest of em must've been. We were running on empty from the 75 min onwards. Still should've shut up shop after their first though. Lucky I've kids otherwise I'd be on a murderous rampage right bout now.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Fuckity fuckity fuck, drained, gutted devastated,still can't believe its real.

Let's just hope that villa show the same spirit tomorrow night.

Another random thought. Martin Tyler - he doesn't like us very much does he? 

I've not heard the guy as buzzing as that since the last Rooney wonderstrike. Fucking hell.

Yeah I heard that as well.

The thing was there was no need for it.  We self destructed without any cause to do so.  Mind boggling.

We gave everything in the Citeh game and have been running on fumes since, Combination of no strength on depth , injury to Sturridge, Hendo out and the winning line in sight been too much.

Call me mad but I don't think it's changed THAT much, we were never going to get the goals and that was us being tactically stupid again , it's all about City fucking up, if they lose 1 or 2 or draw both, It's just they need to lose 1 now instead of draw

Err, it has, a lot. If we'd won, they'd have needed 6 points. Now they only need 4, that's a huge difference

• Upvote 1

Another random thought. Martin Tyler - he doesn't like us very much does he? 

I've not heard the guy as buzzing as that since the last Rooney wonderstrike. Fucking hell.

He seems really shit at trying to be neutral that's for sure. Does my fucking head in, but it's to be expected with sky.

We don't deserve to win the league with the defensive record we have this season.

We have to learn how to bolt the door when we need to.

You could see it coming and we have got away with a few of these situations this season so we should have learnt by now

• Upvote 2

What to say?

This team is really good at taking a wrench and hitting my heart it with.. Fuck me. Fuck me. Fuck me.

But one thing is clear; poor, shit, criminal defending, and personal mistakes, has lost us the title this year. Gerrard falling, Johnson not taking the shot on the 1st goal today, Johnson again being shit then Flanagan not doing the easiest marking job ever before the 2nd goal, then again Skrtel (and the whole team) defending horribly for the 3rd - making us loose the 3 points tonight. Its that easy.

With this poor defending we don't deserve to win shit. Its that simple. Winners have to both attack and defend well - Gerrard falling & Johnson's, Flanno's & Skrtel's shit marking today just doesn't cut it. Before next season we need to upgrade both our defensive and attacking players.

Heart wrenching this. Proper.

Sometimes this sport really sucks. This is one of these days...

Your a bit of a tit aren't you? We'll, actually, not 'a bit' ,but a fucking massive gigantic humongous one. Fuck off you knob.

So second best is good enough now, perhaps that why we havent won the league in 24 years, its the taking part that counts not the winning eh?

As for City, was going to watch that happily and hope, but fuck that now, no way am I watching them hoping they'll actually lose. A draw ok, but not to lose. I've had enough pain over the last 8 days and am done with it. I'll check livescore and refresh the page every now and then instead.

That collapse has been on the cards there were games before Christmas like West Brom, Palace Cardiff West Ham were we were 2 or 3 up and when we conceded one we suddenly started to panic but luckily we got another to ease the nerves.

It's been a great season but in the end what a shitty way to fizzle out in a way that wouldn't have looked out of place with some of our teams of the past.

Just a shame to see how us winning would have affected City as it is they will now piss all over Villa.

Very surprised Brendan didn't bring on Agger or Toure when Palace threw 3 forwards on. If you look at the 3rd goal, Sakho is picking up a man & Skrtel is marking 2 others & I am still fuming that Coutinho didn't take the yellow on the 2nd goal when he could have tripped Bolassie.

Overall though we have been brilliant this season & still have a small chance of bring the league home so I am not going to overdo the complaints.