You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

WhiskeyJar

As a glass half-empty sort of guy I still do the ' ooh you can't trust us in these sort of games' routine, but my mate pulled me on it on Sunday & suggested I was being unfair to Brendan & the lads & that 8 wins & 2 draws in our last 10 league games should give me some confidence.

They are rubbish and we should really run up a cricket score but I'm still uneasy about this one. I'm still expecting us to put in a below-par performance against weak opposition so I'm not taking anything for granted. We need to make sure we start fast and put a few goals in the bank early doors, just to settle the nerves.

I genuinely think we have changed. Rodgers in instilling an ethic that wasn't there before. There is no overconfidence and a hunger is present. I am positive we wont do anything stupid.

I hope so and recent results suggest that to be the case. It'd be too costly for us to do anything stupid and Brendan is probably making sure even the tea lady knows it.

If we beat Chelsea and City at home we will win the league.

No, we won't!

Citeh have 2 games in hand on us. If they win both of them, they'll be 4 points ahead of us. If we win all our remaining games (and Citeh do likewise, bar the one when they play us), they'll be a single point ahead of us, winning the league.

Chelsea, likewise, will be 3rd behind us by a single point if they win all of their remaining games bar the one when they play us.

I am not worried so much about Citeh or Chelsea, because we control that aspect in a way as they are still due to play us. The Arse need to lose when they play Chelsea at the weekend though a draw would be ideal result for us.

As for our game in Cardiff - a must win and I'd love it if we induce another managerial sacking after that match - the fact it would be the self-proclaimed baby-faced fucking assassin makes that prospect even more funny.

Another win en route to the title. Probably another 3-0-er. Why is West Ham vs the Mancs the late kick-off over us though?

Side fighting for their lives vs side fighting for the title or Side a win or two away from safety vs a side who might qualify for the Europa League? Hmmm, what a tough choice. 

Another win en route to the title. Probably another 3-0-er. Why is West Ham vs the Mancs the late kick-off over us though?

Side fighting for their lives vs side fighting for the title or Side a win or two away from safety vs a side who might qualify for the Europa League? Hmmm, what a tough choice. 

Because it could be Moyes final game

I know what you're saying NV and in the past I would definitely have shared your pessimism but this feels different. This feels like Liverpool version 2.0. 

1-3 to us after going a goal down. Injuries are the big worry for me. It's crucial we have everyone fit for the run in.

Why is West Ham vs the Mancs the late kick-off over us though?

To be fair though, after this weekend, Sky are showing our next six matches. If you include our last 2 (Utd & Southampton), thay will have shown 8 out of 9 - all of our fixtures, bar one (Cardiff), during March & April. They know we're the best team to watch at the moment. And they haven't released details of May's viewing yet.

If we lose this then we probably aren't good enough to be champions . I think provided we don't

do anything stupid like go a man down or gift them a couple of early goals  we will be fine.

I think he has to play Flanno at LB again. He is far better filling in on the left than Johnson

Cardiff bullied City at home and won convincingly, but that was August, fast forward 7 months and they look a different side. That said, they are desperate and games like this and Palace away will be as difficult as playing a top 5 side.

As long as we dont bottle it we should be ok. In honestly, I dont actually think we were that great vs United, they were just fucking horrendous. I dont think we have an easier game than united in this run in.

This type of game is the ones we need to be wary off. Teams down the bottom fighting to stay in the premiership will be the ones playing long balls that bypass midfield.We cant have Agger playing in these games and has to be either Kolo or Sakho with Martin.

Palace will be bombing us with long balls and maybe these will to. This is also the type of game when we dont seem to concentrate in either,but hopefully with us being so close that wont happen from now till the end of season.

Can only see us winning this game by two or three goals.

This type of game is the ones we need to be wary off. Teams down the bottom fighting to stay in the premiership will be the ones playing long balls that bypass midfield.We cant have Agger playing in these games and has to be either Kolo or Sakho with Martin.

Palace will be bombing us with long balls and maybe these will to. This is also the type of game when we dont seem to concentrate in either,but hopefully with us being so close that wont happen from now till the end of season.

Can only see us winning this game by two or three goals.

We will hammer these, possible premier league record. 1-10, Agger the dosy fuck losing his man at a corner.

Daniel Agger has started 12 league games for us this season. We've kept a clean sheet for 7 of those. We only have like nine or ten clean sheets all season.

I genuinely think we have changed. Rodgers in instilling an ethic that wasn't there before. There is no overconfidence and a hunger is present. I am positive we wont  do anything stupid.

If we beat Chelsea and City at home we will win the league.

Absolutely agree with the first paragraph.  There's such a good spirit and mental strength running through this squad; the best it's been for years.

I'm still trying to persuade myself not to get carried away with title talk; I'm just happy to enjoy the season so far for what it is.

To be fair though, after this weekend, Sky are showing our next six matches. If you include our last 2 (Utd & Southampton), thay will have shown 8 out of 9 - all of our fixtures, bar one (Cardiff), during March & April. They know we're the best team to watch at the moment. And they haven't released details of May's viewing yet.

I thought that the matches are run to a strict quota agreed when the clubs signed up to the collective agreement with the PL. I understood that we get televised 23 times per season, Utd 26 and so on. League position doesn't matter. The club gets a payment for each televised game so the bigger clubs wanted to make sure that they got a bigger slice of the cake. Something like that.