You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He needs to leave City, as Zabeleta is the clear first choice at right back for them.

I don't see why he would sign a new deal.

Of course he needs to leave. I'm just refuting that this mystery offer means he's fucking ace and City want him.

Guest LFD

Of course he needs to leave. I'm just refuting that this mystery offer means he's fucking ace and City want him.

I think they'd want to keep him, for the homegrown rule alone.  But it could be just agent talk.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Started 9 league games in two season, 2 of them in the last 12 months, yet they're offering him a 5 year deal? Believe that when I see it. Who knows, maybe Rodgers has some plan to turn him into a CB or a DM or something. Maybe he'd be ace. Just saying that I personally wouldn't bother. I think it's too much of a risk.

I read an article in one of the red tops at the airport earlier, it's clearly bollocks but what they said but if it happened. It would really have us in place.

They claim Brendan will get £60m and he will spend it in the following way-

Lallana £20m

Konoplyanka £15m

Caulker £7m

Greizmann £20m

I would endorse this, not that it will happen - but that would make us very strong.

No left back? Who's gonna replace Cissokho after his loan spell ends. I know hes irreplaceable to some :P

In

Alexis Sanchez / Remy

Konoplyanka

Bender

M'villa

Sagna

Shaw

Out

Reina

Lucas

Johnson

Kelly

Borini

Aspas

Coates

Assaidi

Toure

Alberto

Bring illori and wisdom back into the squad and see how we go till January. We'll have more than enough quality in this squad to keep everyone on their toes and could seriously challenge for the lot the next few seasons.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We only have two strikers,whatever else happens this summer we need another.

Borini i never going to be a 15-20 goal a year man and Sturridge cannot be relied opon to play each with as he pick up too many injuries.

In

Alexis Sanchez / Remy

Konoplyanka

Bender

M'villa

Sagna

Shaw

Out

Reina

Lucas

Johnson

Kelly

Borini

Aspas

Coates

Assaidi

Toure

Alberto

Bring illori and wisdom back into the squad and see how we go till January. We'll have more than enough quality in this squad to keep everyone on their toes and could seriously challenge for the lot the next few seasons.

that makes our squad even smaller

Richards has supposedly turned down a new 5 year contact at City. That shows that, A. City really rate him and B. He obviously is not happy there as a bit part player.

If we can get him for around 5-6 million then he would be a good addition to the squad.

Glen Johnson's best days are clearly behind him now, so the arrival of Richards would spell the end for him.   

Or D, as an Englishman who came through their ranks as a youth player, he fills a valuable role in their squad registration.

Guest LFD

Started 9 league games in two season, 2 of them in the last 12 months

That's mainly because he is back up to the best right back in the league.

Id offer City a Johnson-Richards straight swap. Both in last year of contracts, City get a homegrown player they need.

Why not just swap johnson for kelly? If we want a young promising english right back/centre back that is never actually fit to play, then we already have one under contract. Aquilani and degen should have their faces painted on the committee room wall and ceiling as a constant reminder that injured players are useless (and fucking expensive).

• Upvote 3

We only have two strikers,whatever else happens this summer we need another.

Borini i never going to be a 15-20 goal a year man and Sturridge cannot be relied opon to play each with as he pick up too many injuries.

Borini will never score 15-20 goals from the left wing, no.

I think he'd be a terrific partner for Suarez or Sturridge.

• Downvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

That's mainly because he is back up to the best right back in the league.

Yeah. Much the same reason Aspas hasn't got many appearances.

Guest LFD

Yeah. Much the same reason Aspas hasn't got many appearances.

Not really.

Aspas is cack, Richards has proven he is a quality player.

Watching some compilation videos of our play this year and we really are a top class team. We don't need a lot of players. We struck gold with Sturridge and Coutinho and had an unbelievable youth player in Sterling coming through the ranks. The best thing we can do is supplement what we already have as opposed to trying to bring in direct competition. 

Players like Shaw, Kovacic and Iturbe would fit in brilliantly here, they play the way we want to play, they are young and will only improve under good coaching. Richards will flop here, he doesn't have the technical ability of these players, his knee is crocked and we'd essentially be buying a 7 million pound Martin Kelly to sit on the bench and crack jokes, big waste of money.

• Upvote 2

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Not really.

Aspas is cack, Richards has proven he is a quality player.

Yes, really. The reason Aspas hasn't been getting games is because he's back up for the best attackers in the league. Exactly the reason you gave for Richards not playing. My point being that just because you're back up for the best player in the league, it doesn't mean you're a top player yourself. Actually, it says nothing about your ability at all.

As for Richards proving himself, when was that then? He was once a decent but flawed prospect. Now, after years of not playing more than a handful of games, where is he? I'd be gutted if we went into the market for a right back and came out with Richards as our first choice for next season.