You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Just watched White Boy on Netflix, a feature length documentary in similar tones to Making a Murderer. It was a good watch and a good length of show. Just shows you how absolutely fucked the law enforcement and legal system is in America. We think things could be better here, but fucking hell over there it's just mental. 8/10 (for the show not the legal system)

Iron Fist: Series 2 -7/10. Big improvement on the first and left it in an interesting place which we’ll never see realised unless Disney have plans.

Jack Ryan: Series 1 - 8/10. Great production values and entertaining, if pretty formulaic. Took me a while to get around to finishing it but enjoyed it.

8 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Anyone watched Loudermilk on Amazon? 

Written by one of the Farrelly brothers and starring the guy out of Office Space who plays a former music critic turned AA counsellor after losing is wife due to drink.

Pretty funny, shades of High Fidelity due to the music link, episodes are only half hour so easy to get through a couple in one sitting. 

7.5/10.

This is very good.

On 10/04/2020 at 20:49, Barry Wom said:

I see there's a feature length red dwarf on Dave tonight. I used to love it back in the day. I like that they seem to still do the odd new thing ... Well except for those fucking adverts. 

Just watched that now. Absolutely dreadful.

The last series, maybe 2, had been an improvement on the previous series, however, this had no redeeming features. It was just awful.

The World According To Jeff Goldblum. Only watched the first one of these last night because I was bored out of my head and it’s only 30 minutes long. It was fucking great though and I’ll be watching the lot. 

Guest Pistonbroke
On 09/04/2020 at 08:02, Anubis said:

It’s great. Second series is even better so stick with it.

Finished off series 2 from Kingdom, even better than the first series. Very good and I'm looking forward to the 3rd series. Overall a solid 8.5/10. 

12 hours ago, John102 said:

Just watched that now. Absolutely dreadful.

The last series, maybe 2, had been an improvement on the previous series, however, this had no redeeming features. It was just awful.

I didn't hate it, but didn't love it. My 12 year old thought it was hilarious though, so maybe it's found a new audience. 

Just finished watching Tiger King, only started it at 1pm yesterday. Compulsive viewing, so much happened but it must have covered a long stretch of time. Still don't know for sure if any of the people can be viewed as good people any more than they be viewed as bad people.

2 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Just finished watching Tiger King, only started it at 1pm yesterday. Compulsive viewing, so much happened but it must have covered a long stretch of time. Still don't know for sure if any of the people can be viewed as good people any more than they be viewed as bad people.

The Zoo owners are all cunts but a few of the employees appeared to be decent people, they were mostly misfits that just ended up in that life.

I think Joe went into it with the best of intentions but once he began struggling with income he lost all his morals and mistreated all the animals, plus his need to be the centre of attention meant that he'd never do the ethical thing as it would take away his platform to 'perform'. 

Make no mistake though, Joe Exotic is a uniquely, brilliant character. A cunt but a funny cunt.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Anubis said:

Jack Ryan: Series 2 - 8/10. Good to see there were more consequences to the choices Ryan made second time around, but Suliman was a better villain in Series 1. Still enjoyed it enough to flop and binwatch though.

I need a new show, I'll maybe give this a go as it's been on my list for a while. Is it similar to 24?

11 minutes ago, Elite said:

The Zoo owners are all cunts but a few of the employees appeared to be decent people, they were mostly misfits that just ended up in that life.

I think Joe went into it with the best of intentions but once he began struggling with income he lost all his morals and mistreated all the animals, plus his need to be the centre of attention meant that he'd never do the ethical thing as it would take away his platform to 'perform'. 

Make no mistake though, Joe Exotic is a uniquely, brilliant character. A cunt but a funny cunt.

To think that he would still be doing what he was doing if he hadn't got into a big personal battle with the other zookeeper. She definitely knew how to swerve bullets and find a way of firing her own.

Guest Pistonbroke

The English Game (Netflix) 8/10

I normally wouldn't go anywhere near a British historical Drama from this period but due to the subject at hand I thought I would give it a go. The main plot gets drowned out at times by all the side plots going on but the balance isn't too far off. Very good acting, scenery and interesting characters. The Wife and myself thoroughly enjoyed this. It's also just a one off series 6 episodes long so nice and easy to binge watch in a day. Bravo Netflix.